The Necessity for More Bounty Traps

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think the solution here is not to add more bounty traps as that will kill a character in the game that has no interest in gaining XP in the game, if ever. It would only serve a warning and earn very slight XP. There is no achievement yet for bounty traps, hence they are not encouraged (one way or another) in game.

I think the solution is to not allow gold to be earned by inactive players. This solution was done for Mob Wars to stop some of the nonsense discussed in this thread (not Mob Wars LCN). Force the cash cow to do their dailies (or some criterion), or no gold from empire! Simple!

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I doubt Kano will go there.That is also unfair.If someone loses their internet or can't log on,you're basically killing their game.Something needs to be done about alt accounts,but that is not the way.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Since u seem to want to ignore the fact that an update such as this wont slow down alt use in the slightest...or at the very least u havent said any anything understandable that would show that it would, how about you try explaining to me and the rest of these fine folks how more traps are going to slow down bounty transfers. Maybe first we should find out exactly where u stand on gold transfers. So do u think all "gold transfers" are bad or just ones between an alt and their master account? If u believe its just the alt transfers are bad....how exactly are u or anyone else supposed to to differentiate between an alt and a real account.....are we just suppose to guess? Boy o boy....that doesn't leave much margin for error now does it? Or is it that u feel all "gold transfers" are bad? If this is the case....How the heck is any one suppose to differentiate between someone killing u to transfer gold or simply because they think your a putz? The problem with your argument is that its all based on assumptions....U have no way of definitively knowing what account is an alt or any particular players reasoning's for listing you. Basically what your asking for is something that could only be fully utilized by limited segment of the player population. Certain players such as yourself could go around trapping at will providing an early defense system insuring that everyone that tries to kill you will indeed die themselves.

Honestly....I cant think of anyone that gives a hoot if they die in a trap before they get a listing to go through.....It has become expected has it not? I certainly expect it. As a matter of fact......I simply love that U guys hate it when I purposefully kill myself on your trap before I sign off for the night.....so much so...that half the time you guys dont even set traps anymore, I dont know about u....but It feels a lot like X-mas when i get to list one of ya without dying and then simply go kill myself elsewhere. Have I told u guys how much I love u lately? Well I do....to be perfectly honest I owe most of my success to you guys...TY! HUG?

Your idea is bogus plain n simple, nothing u have said holds water nor warrants the update. If by some chance Kano deems it a good idea then so be it.....It wont be any skin off my back, wont make me think twice about listing, wont make it any harder for me to set, kill or collect on them. Carry on my wayward son!

4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Actually Greg (I would have used Gregory but someone might have gotten really upset), I agree that it will NOT help KANO spot multiple alt account users. But that raising the limit from 50 bounty traps to 75 WOULD allow a player to protect themselves better from a person who HAS ACCESS to multiple accounts. And from my understanding and the understandings of many people in MYSPACE Viking clan, there are one or 2 people who do have access to over 50 accounts (this includes multiple people from different guilds).

I trust my dear Greg that this answers your question.

5. Grand Master Fielding

My dear Kel - Oh Great Viking of FB - I can not tell you what goes on in the FB VC game. But my in depth understanding and knowledge of MYSPACE VC leads me (and many others) to believe that there are one or 2 people who do have access to over 50 accounts. Hence, this thread.

Does this problem occur in Facebook?

6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

There is what I would call an access issue and lots of players who started and stopped the game for whatever reason. I know FB's TOS requires you to have an account under your own name and only one of same. Password sharing is also not allowed. But that would be on the basis of an honour system till "caught." In the past, Kano would fob off most of the alt problems to FB. Of course FB, being such an approachable organization would be most helpful ... NOT!

From playing in MS (he bows to many in this thread), I think I have accepted as "friends" a handful of people using possibly real names v. shortcuts/nicknames/amazing creations/ASCII characters. Ripe for abuse and presenting to Kano a horrid situation where likely all they can say is "Thank you for the information. We shall investigate the account in question. Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask." ---> FILE 13 ...

Despite someone replying as to fairness, if someone is on holidays and they lose, say a weeks worth of gold (about 200T for me), this is slightly different than someone who has a level 35 account 1017 days old, with a bounty of $32,000,000 listing someone who is above level 8000 for $8,000,000,000,000 because "they thought it would help." That situation has occurred.

Would I accept the loss of income while I am not playing the account? You betcha if it ended the nonsense that does go on.

I still fail to see "traps" as stopping anyone who is using an alt. The alt would not care if you list it, 10X or 20X. Usually it only lives 2X: once to list you if it hits your trap (aha!!!), and once being bountied off by you or your mates. After that with its lacking of elites, it goes silent to save up for another round in time: weeks, months or years :)

No elites, no can list? I am all ears.

7. The problem is that i have a job and after that kids running around and im running after them lol.. and when i WILL have time to read all this ..it will be removed :(

8. Grand Master Fielding

Para - at least you have a job and work and care for your family the way a normal adult should.

9. polishpimp

No problem Rev. Masood, Ive no issue with u calling me Greg or Gregory even though u know neither are my name. Im sure u have perfectly legitimate reasons.

I would imagine that most players have heard or have their own suspicions about a lot of different players utilizing alt accounts or having multiple access for a multitude of different reasons. Personally I have a few suspicions ....but thats where it ends. Ive no way to prove these suspicions , not even if a player tells me themselves or admits in the feeds that they have or are using alts or multiple access. If you or anyone else knows of a way to prove this short of hacking ones computer....I would love to hear how.

You say...."But that raising the limit from 50 bounty traps to 75 WOULD allow a player to protect themselves better from a person who HAS ACCESS to multiple accounts.", does this not imply U know with all certainty who these players are? Or is it that u just want to be safe in case of "what if"? You can say that more traps will allow one to protect themselves better until the cows come home but that does not make it true, I'm yet to hear you explain WHY/HOW more traps would be helpful in this endeavor. How many times a day do JJ and I kill u via the bounty....do your traps ever slow us down? Are u able to set multiple traps in succession? If u cant stop us.....How is it more traps would stop or impede anyone else? As stated previously...I think most expect to die in a trap when they go to list someone. If we or anyone else wants your account dead...then your account is going to inevitably die, how did the trap u set help u defend yourself? It didnt....so whats the point?

10. polishpimp

I think u may be on to something Kel. Inactivity should have some bearing on whether or not an account has the ability to perform certain gaming actions such as bounty's. Its already being done to some extent in that a player can only accumulate gold for so many days of inactivity before it stops accumulating.

With the extreme examples of 50 alts that people keep citing as their biggest reason for wanting more traps....it would make sense that whoever might be using that many accounts would not be able to keep active all or even most of that many accounts while still keeping their main account moving forward.

Bounty's are basically the biggest and baddest thing a player can do to another player in these games...why not make it so a player has to unlock the ability to do so each day. Obviously it couldnt be anything to extreme but it should at least take a few minutes I would think. How about not having the ability to bounty someone until you get your dailys done? Thats a pretty simple thing to do yet takes at least two minutes. In addition....shorten the length of time an idle account can continue accumulate their hourly income. This might actually have an added positive effect as players may log in a little more often in order to bank their gold. This of course would not stop the use of alts......but it would seemingly put a dent of those who supposedly have such large numbers of alts.

I think its pretty well known that Im not a big fan of limits and restrictions especially when they are implemented into a mature game and have an adverse effect on another segment of the player population. But in effort to curtail the seemingly growing problems of alts I would be willing back off my stance a bit. How about limiting the amount of empire a particular level can actually purchase up to a point? Obviously the biggest concern most have is the "cash cow" who is an exceptionally low level yet has played for a very long time and has a huge income. A player that plays even fairly regularly is going to normally level at a decent clip at the lower levels, hell...If u sneeze at those levels u gain a couple levels, so if a sizable cap was put on empire even the the "cash cows" would be forced to move forward or at the very least wait much longer to accumulate large amounts of gold. This coupled with a minimum of activity to unlock the ability to bounty would not stop anything....but I certainly think it would slow things down. At some point....perhaps when the XP needed to level doubles the cap could be lifted and and u could purchase whatever u want. Basically it would just be an unlock feature that is already in wide use throughout the games. Not exactly sure how that might play out in regards to mature accounts that may have already exceeded the cap....I'll have to work on that one.

In the end Kel....regardless of whether my ideas mentioned here stink or not...I think the path your taking has far more merit than the path suggested by the OP. Rather than just trying to protect ourselves from assumed alts....lets actually try to hit em where it hurts and retard their growth.

I just reread your post, guess u pretty much said everything i did....my apologies for stepping on your toes. Btw...how did u get all that into so few words...lol ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  11. polishpimp

Ya know Rev. I may have done a lil missionary work in my day, but Im definitely no Saint or Reverend. Where i come from Ive never seen or heard A Reverend conduct himself quite like you. I cant help but wonder if your setting a good example for your parishioners.

Heres another verse for ya Rev...... Matthew 7:1

Dont get me wrong here.... I understand that the meaning behind this verse is not that we shouldnt judge....but more of a caution to make sure that we are willing to be judged by the same standard of judgment. Its basically a warning against self deception and hypocrisy. Do u understand this Rev?

12. Why bother arguing with him, Polish? He is making up every thing he says about you, while you have proof of his perfidy. Ignore him, he isn't worth the time of day. And why is he being allowed to make such comments in the forum anyway? If he can't play nice, ban him!

13. too funny... to read some posts are good ..some strange and long like a bible
    .. and some stuck here forever LOL
    what age u at Jillian and Polish ? im 34 :)

14. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

hey para , don't you know that you never ask a lady their age ... oh , never mind .

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

@gene, ghengis, parashurama, and the rest of PARA... you all keep attacking me, and I can't afford to bounty trap you, much less bounty you. So "extra" bounty traps won't do me much good, will they? I've taken advice from other players on here that I won't mention, and I'm just biding my time until I can kick your arses myself. It's good to hear that someone else is doing it for me in the meantime, if you're begging for more traps... :p

16. won't mention advice from other players .. but cry and mention about PARA guild ? sure.. here u go .. on other 1 hahahahaha

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's right, Blood Axe... I'll just let you try to axe slap me to death each day... as strong as you are, you can't do it anymore... and I don't want you and your other PARA punks to bounty any other players that I mention, like you are all prone to do... besides, review the posts... it doesn't sound like you have many friends, at least on this thread... by the way, I voted this a "1" :cool:

18. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

gee jared , i don't mean to offend you but just who the hell are you ? as i hardly get to play much anymore and as i can't remember the last time i actually slapped anyone more than once or twice a day , i can't figure out who you are . from the way your talking i'm guessing you have joined an enemy's guild or like most of para's enemies you prefer to hide as much as you can . i'd like to remind you this is a game . also , i think you should be careful of just who you listen to as there are a few who lie just to get more players hit by para guild so as to draw off the attention to themselves .

at any rate jared , have fun and watch what you wish for .

19. polishpimp

@ Jared. Sounds like u pretty much have it figured out. Some players/guilds r real tough guys ....right up until the tables r turned, rather than adapt they tuck tail n run. Well...I guess there's the whole flapn of the gums thing too.....but you'll get used to that....just like everybody else that has started whoopn on them. Basically its the whole coward= bully= cheater thing. "If at first u dont succeed............." Ive often wondered why some never listen to the immortal words of Sir Winston Churchill...“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it". The reality is that some players r simply dinosaurs and they r doomed to go the way of such, sure they get more bitter and will go to greater lengths as they cling to the sinking ship of their past ill gotten delusional glory....but hey....maybe sadomasochism is their thing...who r we to judge?

In the end my friend...just keep plugn away, play your game and allow them to motivate u to greater heights. There's truth to the ole saying ...."what doesnt kill u makes u stronger" and it sure as hell dont hurt if your adversary is as dumb as a box of rocks. When I first started playing there was a group of players that ruled the game by fear n tyranny who felt they could impose their will upon everyone.....that was short lived, now they've either quit or have become bottom feeders that r the butt of everyone's jokes. Some say that its a PARAdox or just mere Follly, some say there is more than one way to skin a cat, Personally I dont have any fieldings one way or another especially when in comes to dealing with the shallow end of the gene pool.

Just my 2 cents. good luck n have fun.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  20. Grand Master Fielding

Gene - somehow it seems that we have one person talking to us from 3 different accounts. Rather "interesting" huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.