The Future of War Mode - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Paul Davis

Paul Davis New Member

I like both the wars but war mode is the best without a doubt and for me the game would be almost non existant without it.. that said GW you do actually get something back if as a guild you do well,
    I read someone saying the bigger guilds cheat somehow and all I can say is ive been in small and big guilds and i have yet to see how a guild can cheat at getting WP's . Only difference being is the bigger guilds have taken time to record a list of people to slap !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for your feedback folks, and I think PimpDaddyDuke summed it up well.

However, I think a few people misunderstood or purposely misconstrued the intent of this thread. The developers were looking for feedback on War Mode, what players thought of it, and whether they would be open to some potentially radical changes to keep it around.

For those of you who read my entire post and offered real, honest feedback, I appreciate the time and effort it took to write it. I'll be showing this thread to the developers so they can evaluate it. Once they have, I'll come back with any further plans we have for more discussion.

3. The Rogue Avenger

The Rogue Avenger New Member

Yup , remove guild war and loose a lot of players, couldnt be better?

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

my bad, i did misunderstand...make it better? get rid of the dead guilds. currently when you have your 5 war attacks against someone already and then kill them on attacks you get no warpoints...that should be changed. slap kills also should be rewarded even if youve gotten all your war slaps in. back before it first started, war bounties were supposed to be at base cost, at least for the first bounty on them, i have no clue what happened with that idea. make it more strategic like the guild wars, instead of awarding warpoints for every bounty kill against the same person, it should decrease with each bounty caught by the same player until it reaches zero. that would stop the cheaters from using alts to rack up tons of wps in a matter of minutes.

5. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

@ mi7ch ....I say keep War Mode and revamp it....as i said earlier...kill the inactive guilds and remove their war tag...put a damn red X over the guild when its opened....anything.... but keep war mode active.....it is what brings daily play in VC for many...As far as those bringing up Guild Wars... a guild that is killed should remain dead for the remaining 4 day war..respawining shouldnt be an option..if your killed your out...just like the Battle Arena... :p ...now i bet that rattles a few viking helmets... Ha !

6. D O C

D O C New Member

How about offering better rewards to increase participation. You could offer up some FP or weapon/warrior drops for the top guild finishers.

7. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

how about only leaving the to 10 WARmode Guilds-- & eliminating the ALT guilds that the top 10 set up anyway!? KANO ! wise up Check those WARmode Guilds w/ 1 player at level 200 for 1700 days`

8. Toker

Toker Member

I agree with most here, I would stop playing as well. Keep it please! I would like to see increased attacks, maybe 10 per. ALL slap kills to be rewarded as well. Higher rewards might bring around more players but the way I see it is the ones who want to do the WARing all ready do and those that don't wont or are to scared of the bigger guilds. Maybe make WAR deaths less XP loss. If I was little and Got bountied ten times in a row every time I logged in and had to battle out of a -50,000 hole I wouldn't want to play either. Maybe it should be No XP loss on WAR bounty Deaths. I think WAR bounties should Also be WAR bounties only. If people want to Catch the WAR bounties they should just join the WARS then, because seriously why Get yourself involved if you can reap the benefits of huge bounties but not have to risk anything other than that ONE player attacking back.

9. Larry Monette

Larry Monette New Member

I think removing War Mode is not the answer in dealing with these cheats you need to figure out a way to catch these people using Auto Healing and other Bots or people buying other folks accounts. Synd Wars sucks to be honest its very boring only 4 refills at 50 tokens each time is a rip off. Try spicing up War Mode offer better rewards for Placing Make more people interested in wanting to Join break it down into level 300-700 and 701-1500 and 1501 to 10,000 or in account of David 1501-100,000 for example. Try give Weapons and Armor and Vehicles besides the Money and Exp. The same for Synd Wars Make it more interesting and fun. You need to make alot of changes to this game in general you are helping out the very high level players which is awesome but what about mid range players and low levels give us new bosses new crafting new weapons and armor and vehicles it seems to me you are losing alot of players from 800-2000 and above.

Larry Monette Natural Born Killer

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Never cared for War Mode, but many of my friends do, so Revamp it.

You got to be kidding me Guild Wars takes 1 min without buying tokens, limitations up the ying yang, 4 refills a day for 50 tokens and uses stamina from regular game, double dipping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuSi00CcNk

Why wouldn't you? As many stated in this thread the bounty list "is 'mostly' life blood" because of War Mode.

No clue intentions on that question, but I'm sure you at KANO can figure it out.

11. dEMONICS IDEA ABOUT WAR POINTS AWARDED DECREASING WITH EACH BOUNTY KILL IS A GOOD IDEA I WOULD RUN WITH THAT, also if a guild is full of players that heal and dont get any kills i think its fairly obvious to everyone what the deal is,

12. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

If war mood will be removed then fore sure i stop play

13. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

WHAT misunderstood?

"..2 Eliminate War Mode going forward and have Guild Wars replace it fully."

And to WHO agree with you the apreciate and thanks. To who dont, pffffff.

Look. If you guys already took a decision dont understimated us and dont waste our time. Do it from once and dont come here like was a kind of democracy in a general discussion.

DO IT

Eliminate for once and we can move on.

NO thank you

14. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

take war mode away and i will say goodbye vikings and why dont kano use some of their time on fixing sh.. that needs to be fixed !! dont try and fix things that aint broken FFS like the new battle page , what was wrong with the old one ?? is the new page any better ?? NO

PS does that polish sausage have to reply to every single thread , FFS play the game instead

15. Paul Davis

Paul Davis New Member

I think the guild wars just needs to be slightly updated i.e points for a bounty trap and possibly some kind of handicap system for bounty prices with extreme level differences and a god point reward for placing in top 3

16. Jacob Mygind

Jacob Mygind New Member

Fek only thing fun in VC is war mode.
    If war mode is removed, then all there is left to do is sit and level all day :(

PS Please make rewards for doing shit loads slaps :cool:

17. Denkski

Denkski New Member

I say keep them both, maybe with some changes in the normal war mode. Too many inactive guilds just for slapping.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think there's still a misunderstanding here about my intention, Mr. Melo. We (as in Kano) have not come to a decision, I was taking this question to the boards to see what the overall reception of a change (whether we revamp the rules for the War Mode or something else) would be.

I suppose next time I'll word things a bit more gently, but I'm generally not capable of subterfuge. Kano is genuinely interested in having an open discussion on this. I apologize if my phrasing caused you to think otherwise.

19. Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor New Member

The future of War Mode - My Feedback

I think the war guilds u r referring to r the 1s we call the abandon guilds. For example DLW was an active guild that joined war mode right before the move to the portal. Most of the players did not register for the portal but the guild is still accessible to be attacked slapped or listed by gods or any vc players. War mode players can all access these guilds for war points. There are only a few active war mode guilds at this time. We all enjoy war mode and hope u allow it to continue. It would be lacking somewhat without those guilds. To my knowledge none of the abandon guilds were created by any currently active War mode players and r an enhancement to War mode.

20. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

From what I understand from the original post was this was the problem that brought the discussion up: "The developers have pulled some stats on War Mode and it seems that few Guilds actively participate in the mode and those that do are voicing their concerns over the use of alt or "dummy" Guilds to bump up points.:

So I pose the question again... Why not get rid of the alts and parent accounts, as well as those caught using bots/scripts instead of slapping them on the wrist? They just come back and find a new way to cheat or hide what they are doing. That is what is killing this game.