[ZS] The Fortitude Bar and You: Tips for The Battle Arena (October 10)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Calling the people that take you down jerks seems to attacking people lol. I seriously have never heard of the fast fingers for drummers though. I've had the fast fingers from video games all my life, but the musicians I've heard of with the fastest fingers have been through wind instruments, guitar, and piano.

Not sure that the laptop would have anything to do with it. I used to hit the throttle before and after I got my mouse. I'm pretty sure this is going to affect me to as soon as I get to play it.

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Like I said....Why bother....

3. AlterEgoT

Honestly the best way to deal with cheats if for the platers to go after them. You know someone is using a bot? Get a group together and go after them. It's in the arena? Go Kamikaze and take it out early.

Kendall,

Please understand this. No matter what the fortitude bar was supposed to do or not supposed to do or who it affected or didn't affect. I find it incredibly frustrating (as do many others) that kano continues to implement things that the active players do not want. Let's say the bar didn't affect a soul. The game was slower. EVERYTIME y'all change the BA we go through this. So I would be willing to concede that could be the cause of the slow attacks. But understand that this does nothing to enhance our game play. We use strategy on our own you don't have to force us to do your bidding. And that strategy varies in each arena as the other slayers figure out ways to counteract.

Personally I am most upset that I clicked defense and it took more than 5-10 seconds to click in. That's a lot of health lost. In fact in my case 100m. Which is a huge difference in the arena. The arena has always been slanted for attack/health. Those of us that prefer defense have really had a major obstacle to overcome. We do so much less damage it costs us a great deal of stamina to take out an account. And forget sniping you have to be too close to the death of the target to pull that off. So as it continually becomes more and more of a sniping and health game with each arena it becomes less and less wise for us to use our stamina in it.

Kano consistently says they don't want the mini games to affect the core game but that's exactly what has happened. Both BA and FW have slayers building specifically for those two items. Those starting new accounts on Kong for example or coming from KP to FB or vice versa are building JUST for the arena.

I've strayed a bit here and there. But I hope you understand just how fed up the players are with the constant changes that no one wants. We want a new country. We want bosses that mean something. We want a new type of challenge. We don't want more useless additions so you can say hey we caught a cheater.

I understand a great deal of the support tickets are geared to reporting people thus the developers see that as a priority. But that is because that's what has been asked. It's the only thing you guys respond to. Too many of us have tried offering suggestions and feedback only to be ignored or told tough luck.

I've asked for years for example that healing be accelerated. The game is almost exclusively, hurry up and kill your enemy trap off and hide for 24 hours. You can still play BA and FW and do all the helps so why not. But if they healed out of the hospital faster that would encourage active participation. You could tie it to every time you click on a help your heal accelerates if you wanted. That is just one example of things the game developers should be exploring instead of expending their energy and time on things that just have you and Mitch in here answering complaint after complaint.

Bottom line. Your paying slayers are fed up. We will not continue to pay the salaries of those implementing these idiotic additions to the game.

4. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

Never triggered the bar to red or yellow. It was always green for me.

Off topic complaint: Your new ambushes/boobytraps system sucks. Love the old system where any ambushes/boobytraps will automatically trigger them into you rivals (although you can't attack them unless they punch/attack/hitlist you).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin New Member

I did manage to trigger the red bar once - but most of the time it hovered around the yellow/green. I am one of those who attack non-stop on any target right from the start of the arena and don't stop for anything. It is easy to get a large number of attacks if you have the stamina, UNs to spend and a strong finger.

On smaller targets it never came into play, but larger targets where I had to constantly maintain a steady attack the bar dropped and a couple of times I had to ease up to let the bar climb up. Twice I had to switch targets just for a couple of seconds. It did affect my play slightly but nothing compared to what others are reporting.

6. ben

ben Active Member

bravo well put and i agree with you...

7. AlterEgoT

and not a word since.

8. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Well...we've all expressed our dislike for it, which unfortunately as history has shown from previous updates, almost guarantee's it'll be a permanent feature.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Kano is closed on the weekend and Monday was a holiday for them.

10. slave

slave Member

well, i dont really care if they have the fortitude bar/throttle in full view

what i do care about is how it penalizes me for playing
    the fortitude bar should not be set up to penalize anyone for attacking, not in quantity, nor in quality
    im appalled that it decreases my attack effectiveness, when i hit the red zone (which is usually when the kill is on the line)
    if kano wants to set something up to catch auto clickers that is fine, but somone that has high stamina and attacks non stop for 30 minutes, should not be affected either in timing out or reduced effectiveness, that is simply not fair to my build, my strategy and my well being

i was extremely critical of the throttle because it appeared to affect me more than others, i guessed that it was set up exactly as this fortitude bar seems to be (of which in my opinion the fortitude bar actually is the throttle on visible) and that it was configured incorrectly - as is this fortitutde/throttle whatever your going to call it this week...

i cant believe this is a new problem for gaming companies, so there must be software, detection out there someplace to curtail auto clickers - if there is get it and stop effffing with my arena game

im kinda getting tired to be the only one affected every time you do something different in arena specfically cuz i spent the skill points to build my stamina to one of the highest in the game - STAMINA: 2483/2500. Im sure there are people with higher stamina and they are prolly banned from forum which is why you dont hear them complaining, or they just dont care....

but to think it only is happening to a few people i think is an unfair assumption to make, i will challenge kano to play with me next arena and pc anywhere (that is they can see my screen while i play), and even play it themself if they dont believe it. i want to put all the finger pointing to bay, and get past this and maybe instead of playing a test account vs a test account they can finally see why im pissed off about how they are affecting arena play.

11. Survival Streak 0

bleh all i know is they should re-write this
    As it not all of it applies anymore

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  12. Survival Streak 0

Will be interesting to see how many people this feature caught using autoclickers in the up coming TGIF report.

13. slave

slave Member

if i had to guess....i would say it caught no one

what it did do was allow sniping back into arena

and if you dont believe that
    check this out...

Attacks 814
    Kills 18

versus my numbers
    Attacks 16,970
    Kills 19

how about them apples?

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree, the few kills I got I had to snipe and the the targets i attacked down were sniped from me

15. AlterEgoT

and took the entire week off as well?

ETA: still no word.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Seems lately only reply to certain threads, maybe it's just me. But doubt it.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I try to reply to every thread I have an answer to, or where I feel like I could meaningfully add to the conversation. I understand that this Fortitude Bar is a point of contention and we (being Kano) have tried to answer questions around it. Concerning the future of the Bar, we will have an announcement to make soon.

Sorry folks, I'll try to give a better indication in the future of when I'm reading threads, even if I don't have anything to say at that given moment.

Edit: I'm going to be closing this thread in anticipation of tomorrow's BA. I've posted a new thread here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.