[ZS] The Fortitude Bar and You: Tips for The Battle Arena (October 10)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

ill have to see how this works in vc when it comes but as far as i can collect from the feedback here is that its doing exactly as it was described. the higher levels are being affected more because they have bigger targets to take down which need more attacks to do so. basically they did this to try and get people to attack slower and make the arenas longer...one of the complaints about the decreased arena times due to the attack slider was the arena was shortened and everyone had to wait for dmode times to run out and i think this was their way of attempting to make it longer without taking away the slider OR the amount of d time everyone has earned

2. hell have no fury

hell have no fury New Member

3. im the beast

im the beast Member

at this point id be happyer with the 1 attack or we can try a 2 attack.

4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Ok I've played. I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

The only reason it isn't over already is because the attackers call BS and quit attacking.

the same person sniped 5 or 6 kills in a row just from me alone. But yet my bar barely moved.

my attacks are greatly slowed down yet the bar barely moves.

The damage feels out of whack I've never been strong on attack but I feel like a gnat. no way 6k attack and 30k health should feel like a gnat.

I hit to go into defense and they got another 100mil off me before it kicked in. In and of itself you might think no biggie but i am the highest defense in the game. NO one in the game other than 1 or 2 can drop me that fast and it wasn't them. Not to mention I should have been in defense so no way is that logical.

You wanted it to last longer? Oh sure it'll last an hour or two longer but only because the $$ spenders aren't killing things.

Like I said my bar barely moved yet the whole BA was sluggish. Whatever you did stinks.

Fix it,.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  5. AlterEgoT

FB
    Time Remaining:

2:19:17:25

Players Remaining:

KP

Time Remaining:

2:19:16:41

Players Remaining:

Way to extend the game.

6. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

I bet your income from BA this round will drop by 90% lol

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We do not and have not given any faction or player(s) modified fortitude bars and/or apply a different game rules, if you feel that players have been able to circumvent it you can write concerns into support but since the calculations are done on the server I do not see how it would be possible.

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Enough with the support. You have a high amount of players unhappy with the results and you know this. Fix your mistakes, take the fortitude out. That's really all the needs to be done. Also what are you trying to accomplish by doing something that affects your paying players more than anything? Why do you even have a forums site and ask for opinions if you're going to do the opposite of what we want anyway? Why do you purposely make changes that you KNOW players will hate, after they express their hate for it? Honestly, the main reason I don't spend a dime on this game is because of how out of touch you are with your players. I've played many games from indie companies and actually donated money to them when their wasn't anything you could buy with real money in the game, just to support a great company that keeps in touch with their players. Do you realize how many people would start buying if their was something worthwhile and interesting for them? Right now most don't see it to be worth paying because you don't listen to a single thing we say.

9. So what

So what Member

i am in ,,,or was ..i sucided out due to WHAT I COULD SEE IN ARENA

YES YOU DO

19 mins into the arena and an account had 26 thousand attacks

CLEARLY NO FORTITUDE THERE ...i was sitting on 8 thousand ---im no slouch ....i was attacking AND I WILL SAY NO I DIDNT HIT THE RED ...nothing wrong with the new iMac nothing wRONGg with the internet ,,,,but theres c l e a r l y powerhouse mouses ...repeatly sent to u in support ......ON A 3 WEEK REPLY

NO THANKS KEEP THE SUPPORT TICKET

WERE ALL IN A CHAT ...posting these accounts ...WHOS THIS ...49 THOUSAND ATTACKS
    WHOS THAT 18 THOUSAND ATTACKS 34 KILLS ....... THERE WAS VOLUMES OF PLAYERS IN THERE CHATTING

enough

we are no fools ...you have decided what you want from the game

CLEARLY ITS NOT THE REST OF US.... AN e n t i r e FACTON TOP TO BOTTOM

HAVE NOT HIT ONE THROTTLE

inside in faction wars ...NOPE THEY GAINED HEALTH

WELL IF THIS IS YOUR GAMBLE

MINE WILL BE THE NEXT POST

thanks for the reply ....thomasina

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The only thing that was added was the fortitude, if your bar did not move then your game play should not have been impacted including damage dealt and defensive stance etc.

What do you mean that your attacks were slowed down? There is nothing going on behind the scenes to intentionally slow down requests.

If you are noticing things in your stats that you think may be a bug, could you write into support so we can take a closer look at your account?

11. So what

So what Member

Apreciate you dont like it

but its the truth

and if u think its only me

your in for a sorry suprise

12. AlterEgoT

I suppose I could. but why? To what end?

All I've learned from this arena is it no longer pays for me to bother attacking. I'd rank higher getting my 100 attacks early then riding my defense.

13. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

The attack rate seems a tad slower, but I've not played the arena the properly the past few times, so I may just be remembering wrong

*shrugs

14. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

Hmm, this is weird. I am level 3024 on my KP MS, and my bar never dropped to yellow. It only went a bit lower because one was trying to snipe and did just that. I had my attack gear on.
    My FB level 2146 and my Kong level 1236 on my defense gears, same thing. Never dropped to yellow or lower and I am a fast clicker.
    Seems like I wasn't affected much at all.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The number of players that actually hit the lower limits of the Fortitude on the arena was very low, as always we encourage and listen to feedback. Even from this thread, many people that were very vocal in response to the announcement of this thread didn't even actually hit it.

As other players have stated here, no matter how fast they clicked they were unable to move the bar, all players at all levels and amount of stamina have the same Fortitude for the arena.

Forums are here for players to voice their opinion, for us to listen, understand, respond and act accordingly. We made this change based on player feedback and data collected from past arenas.

How did the fortitude bar impact your play in this game? How often did you hit it and in what scenarios?

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If we could keep this thread on topic with this feature it would help us address / answer concerns and issues.

17. So what

So what Member

trust me i wont bother you again

its posted in all our chats

the real players all know

cheers

18. I didn't experience the fortitude bar problem, and I didn't have any negative experience with this BA. But it seems many others did. Though, it would be nice if you could maybe eliminate those that use auto clickers (poor saps, paying to cheat in a game to make themselves feel good, lol).

If this change was an effort towards that, then I think that's to be applauded, assuming that you work out the bugs, which seem to have a lot of these people frustrated.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The Fortitude applies against a single opponent, so if a player is spreading out their attacks that is quite possible.

If there were still major issues then we may need to look at applying Fortitude from a single opponent to multiple, but we wanted to introduce this feature in a single attack first to get feedback and go from there.

I don't know the Faction that you are referring too, but is it possible that they are working together?

I am a little confused, but if you did not hit the Fortitude isn't that a good thing?

We made this change based on players feedback like yours, it is the first iteration, from the sounds of your post you are not happy/understand some of the things you saw but at the same time you were not impacted by the fortitude. But I can assure you that there is no favoritism nor applying the Fortitude rule to some and not others.

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ok, ty for clearing that up. Let me ask u this. Is it tied to something that more often than not is associated with a higher level player? Basically... Is it more likely or at least safe to assume that this "fortitude" bar will be more likely to see the rainbow of colors if it happens to reside on a higher levels BA page? Is it just as likely to happen to a low level player as it is a higher level player?

What ever it is....it definitely seems to be affecting the more active of players more than others. I sure hope activity doest have anything to do with it, especially seeing as the arena is supposed to be an all out epic battle to the death. Designed for and payed for by the most active players in the game.

As u know...I have other accounts of varying level in the diff games. In ZS i happen to be a low level player where as in VC Im considerably higher level. Because of my strengths that my level do or dont allow me I play distinctly different styles from one games arena to the next. In your expert opinion do u think i would be triggering this fortitude bar in VC and if so why?

Unfortunately I didnt have a bunch of stamina or FP saved for this particular arena so I wasnt able to test drive it as hard as i would have liked. But listening to what others are saying who tend to play more like I do on a couple of the other games....I hope there is no plans to bring this to the other games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.