[ZS] The Fortitude Bar and You: Tips for The Battle Arena (October 10)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I posted a thread regarding a small change that we're making to the Battle Arena in Zombie Slayer. This new change now has an official name, the "Fortitude Bar". It's represented by a green bar in the middle of the page. I've attached a screenshot to this post to show you where to find said bar (names have been blanked out to protect the innocent).

fortitude bar.jpg

The Fortitude Bar represents how long you can hit your opponent before taking an impact to the damage you're dishing out. When the bar is green or yellow, then you can use the Stamina slider to maximum effect and hit as hard as you normally do. When you enter the red area of the bar, you'll begin to notice that your attacks are less effective. If you persist during this phase, you will enter cooldown. You'll still be able to attack, but in addition to being weaker there will now be an short interval between you attacks.

If you let off attacking for a moment, the bar will begin to refill. How fast the bar refills depends on where it is. If it's red or below, it will take longer to fill than if it were green. If you're waiting for the bar to refill it's recommended that you switch targets and come back when you bar is yellow or green again, as attacking new targets will result in your having a fresh bar.

Since this is a new addition to the Battle Arena, the developers are placing the thresholds fairly high; so high in fact that most players will not notice a huge impact on their normal gameplay and most players won't even enter the red state. The reason for this is that we're testing this out to see how we can utilize it in further Battle Arenas, so we decided it was better to place it in such a way as to be unobtrusive as possible. Data gathered from this Arena will be used to further refine the Fortitude Bar.

Since the Battle Arena has begun, this is the place to leave your feedback regarding the Fortitude Bar and how you think it can be iterated upon for the next run.

2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I attacked as fast as I can and the Fortitude Level not dropped at all. Great change in my point of view ;)

3. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Looks like it's related to personal defense, people I've spoke to with attack builds can't seem to make the bar budge and other with defense builds keep having to stop attacking lol

4. slave

slave Member

only to easy to deplete the fortitude bar, this is the throttle in full view, its set up the same as the throttle was we are just now able to see when we are going to get throttled

as i suspected when he said 90 plus percent will not be affected he is right
    as i suspected i am affected
    as i suspected this is all about number of attacks, when i go for anyone over 200 million health i get timed out
    im telling you right now that is absolutely bs, the fact that anyone with high stamina is affected is flat out wrong
    my attacks diminish cuz i have 2500 stam and need it to take down a big target, i cant even begin to tell you how pissed ill be towards the end of arena when all the targets are 1 billion or more and it is impossible to take them out without being timed out

figure out a new method, penalizing anyone with high stamina is wrong, wrong, wrong
    arena bs.jpg

this target i was attacking had 570 mill health, i was timed out before i got him down to 320, and only because i had the stamina to continue attacking

its not right back to the drawing board and fix it...

i dont know how to make the picture bigger sorry...

and again i implore you to share my details on my account, how many attacks, what was the total duration before i timed out, i want this information to be shared, you made a great big show about attacking legititamely and how no one would be able to take it to zero, i did it on the first big target i went after, and i was attackign with a finger on a mouse, one click per attack and got to the end all too quickly

perhaps your developer used a test account, perhaps he only put in 400 stamina, perhaps he attacked a level 660, perhaps he didnt fully test out but used an abbreviated attack and extropolated the results, whatever he did, he didnt take the time to do it right and its wrong

im sitting here and telling you its wrong, i told you the throttle was not set up correctly and this im sure is the throttle remade
    fix it
    its terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much does my attack decrease when i hit yellow? 10 percent? how much does it decrease when i go lower, like orange? 25 percent? how about red 50 percent?

why are my attacks worth any less than an opponents just because i have more stamina than they do?

you guys have to get over this fair and level bs

its never gonna be fair, ever
    and yo will not be able to make it so

5. Survival Streak 0

This is far as I can get my bar to move, won't go any lower

[​IMG]

lol

6. slave

slave Member

how do you paste the pic full size streak?

7. Survival Streak 0

I uploaded it to tinypic.com

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

this is by far the worse thing ever i just played for a min started late and no un so i counldnt catch up but anyways i got into the red within 600 stam. im so un happy its just bs its to the point where i had no chance to get kills at all...i dont know what to say other then its sucks and if it stays and or dont get to a playable point i will not play this game anymore you dont listen to us and ram bs down our throats.. what happened to voteing or listening to ur paying players i mean really kano tighten the f up....

another thing was my health was dropping fast while attacking even when bar was green... also didnt get one kill when my bar was green i got 6 kill all were when in yellow... just saying this is lame and really kano you may have lost a paying players right here.... bs bs bs

9. slave

slave Member

[​IMG]

i think this is it in a view you can see

notice the fortitude bar is empty? thats because in just attacking and dealing 250million damage i went into time out, something that should only be able to be accomplished illegitamely, but i did it all too legit
    too legit, to legit to quit....

and all too easy

but for the most part most people wont hit this because they wont go after a target of 570 million health alone, most people wont have 4k stamina to do this with

what is most upsetting is how futile my attacks became as i neared the end of the bar....
    that is wrong, that im penalized for attacking
    i dont want to hear that i need to switch targets, this is the target i wanted to hit, not someone else

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  10. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Everything Slave said is on point. At the start, I was only getting myself into the yellow, but as the game progressed and I got more attacks in, I was going into the red. I would stop attacking and wait 10 seconds, the fortitude bar would move a fraction to the right, there was no regeneration until I moved on to a new target. I would take someone down from 120m health and get into the red.

I am in a chat with others, and this was only happening to a few of us. They were attacking people down as well, not just sniping. Their fortitude bars stayed in the green, they NEVER got into the yellow or red. Even people with more attacks and kills than me DID NOT go into yellow and red. It is because of this that I am convinced certain people are being targeted. I do not have nearly the amount of stamina Slave does, so what is your criteria is for singling people out? I use a regular, wired mouse, not an autoclicker. Why did the trottleing get worse the more I attacked? My finger clicked at the same speed throughout.

And really, you've got to be joking by suggesting moving on to another target. This just further proves the point of how detached the developers are from the game, and makes it glaringly obvious that none of them actually play the game. You really just don't get it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers are in the process of collecting and reviewing data from this Battle Arena. I'd just like to remind everyone that the Fortitude Bar is based purely off of mouse clicks, it does not take your Stamina, Attack or Defense into account.

If you feel like your Fortitude Bar did not function properly during the Arena, please write in to Support and we'll get a developer to look at your account.

12. slave

slave Member

well the fact that my bar decreased with alarming speed is extremly disappointing
    the bigger fact

when my attacks are reduced in effectiveness in the red zone, i have to expend more stamina to achieve the same result
    THAT IS NOT FAIR!
    i want my attacks to be at 100 percent just like someone who has low stamina that will never get into the red, why should i be penalized because i can attack? that makes no sense

it is another way for you to allow the little guy to compete, remember the little guy has a fight list, the little guy has all sorts of extras
    we dont, we built our account, we built it with expectations that our stamina will be worth 100 percent of an attack all day every day, not to be decreased in effectiveness as we attack

that is wrong, if you dont understand what im saying tell me
    but its wrong, any other way you look it is wrong
    my attacks in the red are less effective than others only because i have the stamina to get into the red zone

completely ridic...

13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I dont think it has anything to do with stamina other than u r essentially penalized stam if u attack while in the red...maybe tied to some other attribute but most likely tied to level. what level are the players this is happening to? Im a low level. rattled off over 1k stam a couple times and didnt budge the bar

14. im the beast

im the beast Member

Level: 2509 is my level in fb zs the only one i play and i could pretty much make the bar drop at will....if i hammered down at any point it would drop fast...its bs plan and simple....

15. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

16. slave

slave Member

level 3800 my bar dropped like a gas gauge in a hummer....

pog might chime in, im not sure the rest of the "high" arent banned from forum already....

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

definitely starting to see a trend....this may get ugly....lol

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The fortitude bar is not tied to stamina or level of the player. So polish you are experiencing the same thing as others are at every level in the game.

19. So what

So what Member

your rght its not

but clearly thers a division
    an ENTIRE FACTION are not throttled at all

either come clean ....and say this is your way of finding out ..HOW THEY ARE DOING IT

OR BE STRAIGHT ......

BECAUSE THIS SMELLS .......TO THE REST OF THE PLAYERS

AND ITS NOT A GOOD SMELL

20. im the beast

im the beast Member

if that was true kendal why are we complaining? i can tell you were not coming to this forum saying theses things with no weight behind them..
    come on this is by far the worse ba ive ever been a part of...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.