[PC] TGIT! This Week in Dev and Community August 26-30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIT! Read on to find out what happened this past week in Dev and Community!

Player Bans August 16 - August 22

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KPs2: 34

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

wall_feed_aug13_ltds_week5.jpg

Kano Play Chat!

This week we rolled out a Chat window to Kano Play servers 1 and 2. The World Chat still exists and functions exactly the same, this is a just a little bonus for our players on Kano Play! This is still a Beta version of the Chat window, so expect some quirky things to occur. We’ll continue to iron out the bugs on it, but for now go ahead and try it out!

New Achievements!

We released new Gamer Point and level achievements to the game this week. This is a lead up to even more in the coming future. Happy hunting!

New Location!

There’s a new location coming this month!

pc_cover_september_2013.jpg

TGIF on Thursday? You crazy Canadians!

So as you have probably noticed, this week’s wrap-up is going up on Thursday as opposed to Friday like it normally does. The reason for this is simple: I’m not going to be here! I’m taking a trip across the border to Seattle for the Penny-Arcade Expo meaning I’ll be out of town over the long weekend.

Long Weekend!

As I just mentioned this coming weekend is a long one, so the Kano/Apps crew will be kicking it Labor Day style. Our wonderful volunteer mods will be extra vigilant this weekend, though, so don’t think you can get up to trouble just because we’re not around! ;)

New Battle Drops!

We released some new Battle Drops to the game this past week. These drops are for levels 10k+.

battle drops 3.jpg

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!!

Happy Thursday players! By the time you read this I will already in Seattle and gearing up for the multi-day gaming extravaganza known as the Penny Arcade Expo . Woo!

Mister mi7ch and myself will both be attending, so play nice while we're gone and try not to traumatize the back-up team of devs who will being helping out with tickets while we're away. They're like puppies; eager to please, but fragile and easily frightened. Also they need frequent walkies or it's puddle city.

I'm kidding of course. But you may want to keep some paper towel on hand.

Anyway! Between PAX and the long weekend we're likely going to be a bit backed-up next week, so please be aware that responses to tickets may take longer than usual.

And should you happen be attending PAX yourself and pick out a Kano/Apps t-shirt in the crowd, come say hi! We just might have some rare Kano swag for you. ;)

Cheers!

Aardvark

Terrible Joke of the Week

This week’s joke has a black-belt in humor!

What is the Karate experts favorite beverage? Kara-tea. ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1

Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2

2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Since we're not on Facebook, I'll leave this little guy here..... Screen shot 2013-08-30 at 10.48.28 PM.jpg

Enjoy your trip and be safe! :p

OH! And thank you for the new stuff! :D