[ZS] TGIF! Zombie Slayer Development News July 13 - 17

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 18, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans July 6 - July 12

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 80

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Weeklong Calendar on Monday July 20!

Next Monday at 10 am get ready for a Weeklong Calendar! It runs until Friday July 24 at 10 pm PDT.

[​IMG]

Game Server Performance Update!

In case you missed this post earlier today by Kendall, we’ve given an update on the performance issues that players have been seeing over the past while and have outlined out next steps. Give it a read here if you haven’t already!

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy weekend, players!

Recently we noticed some players talking about meeting up in real life, which led to @mi7ch and I having a bit of an argument.

I love the social side of our games. It's great that people can talk and help each-other, forming lasting alliances, friendships, even relationships! So I think it's awesome people who have gotten to know each other though the game are interested in meeting in person.

My compatriot doesn't disagree, however he does have some reservations. For example, he is a bit uncomfortable with the idea of you guys using the forums to publicly organizing meetings, just in case somebody tries murder you and make a suit out of your skin.

I certainly can't fault anyone for thinking about safety first, so we ask that players not try to organize meetups through forum posts, as this would make information about your location public. We'll be removing any posts like this that we see in the forums or games.

You can choose to organize meetup through private channels such as PMs. HOWEVER, please make sure you do so safely! There are a wide variety of resources available that discuss this topic, and I highly recommend doing some reading before attempting a meetup.

Here are a few essential tips from us:

• Choose a public place
    • Bring a friend (or two!)
    • Make sure a few people know when and where you are meeting this person
    • Do some research - use social media to get a better understanding of the person you are meeting
    • Don't give out personal info like your phone number or home address
    • Trust your instincts, and don't be afraid to bail if you are not feeling comfortable.
    • Have an exit plan - something like another engagement set up for later so you will have a legit excuse to leave if you wish.

Have fun and be safe!

Aardvark
    who thinks Kano HQ could use some more rainbows

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Two birds are sitting on a perch.
    One says to the other, "do you smell fish?"

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/zombie-slayer
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/zombie-slayer-game/14869

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

HOLY SCHMOLY!!!! FB: 80

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Great tips on meeting.

I've met several friends through the game. Any meetups that have been considered that i've seen have always been organized at neutral locations not attached to any slayers and in public places.

Having had several shall we say interesting folks try to find my exact location, I couldn't agree more on the be safe out there!

Troll Killa likes this.
  4. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

Player Bans July 6 - July 12
    As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.
    FB: 80

now we're talkin, nice work kano...

5. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Well played well played 80? And no Raid bosses! yet. GG

Dale Barrie likes this.
  6. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

Ive met a load of players from ZS and no one has peeled my skin yet for a suit lmao

7. G String

G String New Member

The 80 have arranged to meet up,hope they bring friends!

Kirsten and Dale Barrie like this.
  8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahaa 80. That is what I am talking about, no wonder why my rivals list is all account not avail.

Dale Barrie likes this.
  9. Dale Barrie

But Raids arent the cause, maybe they should make it so you have to have had an acct 1 month before u can join a raid, just in case people are setting up accts to kill raids, god forbid

Tony Montana likes this.
  10. doosip

doosip New Member

Banning meetup talk from the forums is an odd thing to do. They're your forums, but I think you're letting your imagination run a little too wild.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  11. Dale Barrie

Anyone is welcome to come meet me, I live in a dark cave that says free hugs above it and i have free candy to all who come lol

12. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

thanks for the opportunity to have input through the survey. nice change of pace. it would be interesting to see what everyone likes/dislikes or other peoples suggestions.

13. doosip

doosip New Member

Yeah, nice to be able to offer some feedback. The level-independent Location idea mentioned in the survey sounds very interesting. I hope that gets some traction on your side!

14. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Ya, um no I don't think so lol

15. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

Is there a forum topic about the level-independent Location idea already? i wouldn't mind see what other people think about the idea, and how things would play out.....

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Not yet, that was just to gauge interest on that idea. Once the surveys are in and we review the results we can talk more about it. :)

kamikazeweasel likes this.
  17. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

I hope we get some feedback about that love to see the results. :D