[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News December 29 - January 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 3, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans December 22 - December 28

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

January Monthly Calendar!

Happy New Year, Vikings! Hit the ground running with the very first Calendar Challenge of 2015.

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy 2015, everybody!

We've been focused on getting caught up after the holidays here, so I'll just stick to a few quick reminders about chat.

Since our game is primarily played by adults, we try to keep chat moderation fairly light. However we do monitor reports closely, and every reported message is reviewed by real, live members of our team.

We do not have an "autoban" function for heavily reported players, so please don't try to game our systems by reporting tons of normal, innocuous messages from people you don't like. Doing so just loads our team members up with a lot of useless information to sort through and wastes time that could have been spent dealing with real problems.

If feel someone's messages are inappropriate, please report only the ones that you feel are a problem so we can identify the issue more quickly.

If you simply don't like someone, you can Mute them and will never see their comments again.

Cheers

Aardvark
    who is almost, but not quite, sick of all the holiday chocolate

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do you call a formation of rabbits hopping backwards?
    A receding hare line!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

Nice to see only one account frozen this time around. could you do something for this old senior citizen I get paid on the third of the month I would have liked to have bought a couple of those limited Items last month but was broke stretch it out so I can purchase thm or something like that;)

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Here's a idea, maybe we should all get script's/bot's/macro's etc. KANO sure as chit not doing much against them lately for hunting privilege's, so we can all benefit......

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    LaScepter and Kirsten like this.
  4. John Luna

John Luna Member

All 4 games are compromised, try Guild wars where targets are locked and hunting is a joke when those who use it are running it. Specially on weekends.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    LaScepter, Craig Day and JADES like this.
  5. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

We will be told that even though they are not there their tracking systems still work. Well 3 long time players are telling you that something is going on. Maybe they dont.

6. The Rage

The Rage Member

Well I am a decent hunter and on the weekends, bounties are maybe a blink. There are people that I will battle that will out hit me 3 to 1. I have 94 mbps download and a fast computer. I guess that only leaves the mouse as the source of the problem. if you wanna do nothing Kano, please let me know.I can definitely go buy a mouse and grab a few macros . Do your job and stop the cheating. That is what we are paying you for

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  7. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Yep....i COMPLAINED about this awhile back too...good luck !

8. The Rage

The Rage Member

not even a Generic post from Kano.... thank you for bringing this to our attention... we will be put on the watch list... we can't go into specifics about other accounts... ty for contacting us....we will look into this matter.... yes, seems fishy and we have all the BEST applications in place to detect what you are talking about... we monitor 24/7 ...

I see that contacting you on Forum for all to see has given us the same response we all see so often. One suggestion to you as a company.Spend less time messing with Battle Arena and spending ungodly hrs coming up with RaidBoss, which by the way is a POS. Do your job and get rid of the cheating. If you find alt accounts... you find who is using them and Ban Them. Yes you heard correctly.. Ban Them. what has occurred to me is now that all these things are in place to detect cheating.... It Has Gotten WORSE!!!!

That is just my 2 cents.

9. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I have all but given up hunting on weekends...because of them...they know Kano is out of the office and can get away with it.....Im a good hunter and i cant compete against those who SUCK at it without their script's/bot's/macro's etc...shut them down and you will see your experienced hard hitting hunters back in business.....That is one of the reasons i dont bounty as many i used to ....im gonna be very serious here...this game is in jeopardy of falling off my radar after 4 yrs +.... why ....because of Kano feeding us the same BS lines about the cheaters...time for a new line..one that says..." We at Kano hear you guys and we deleted ALL the cheaters accounts"..... but i wont ever hold my breath...hell i cant even send a support ticket..because kanoapps.com wont accept my email update !.....stil havent heard back from them on that...its getting cold out here...waiting..LOL...ok my rant is complete for the day ...:rolleyes::p:D

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I just got hit by a guy 31 times in 3 seconds. Support is useless v. the "Whale" ... am I supposed to cheat like him? Busted for iMacros cold ... fine ... busted for auto bounty ... fine ... busted for this stuff ? fine too? Screen shot send in. Any yes, this guy can't hunt during the week without technology. On the weekends he can get 50 a day :) Wonderful BS

John Luna and JADES like this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm sorry you guys feel like we don't do enough to address cheating/bot use or that our responses are somewhat lacking. :(

The fact of the matter is the developers and Support spend a lot of their time working on this issue and last year saw us making some big strides in this area. We are not resting on our laurels in this respect, though, as we recently received some new information that we are acting on and are constantly making adjustment to our existing tools so as not to get complacent (and we do run and monitor them outside of office hours ;)).

We are going to be making this a focus (more so than it already is) here in early 2015 and our Manual Freezes and Tracking thread should see updates to match. Our top priority is keeping the game fair and fun and we know that that is of the utmost importance to you folks, too. Even if you do not see the quick action you might like, continue to send in reports to Support as every matter is treated due care and attention.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

how is it you give us a thread and state this?
    Well no chit, we can't comment on it.....
    Capturem.PNG

John Luna likes this.
  13. The Rage

The Rage Member

I apologize mi7ch... you guys are doing an awesome job. you guys keep up the good work. In the mean time when you get reports of me claiming 1000's of bounties and out hitting people 10 to 1 , then put me on the watch list and do absolutely nothing. If I really mess up I will expect a week hunting ban, but it will be me laughing all the way to the VC Bank. Lmao, you guys are a joke. I have watched you guys take the passive approach because of dollars since I started. If I am wrong let me know, but it is the general Consensus of the majority of your customers. Not a great reputation in my book. Again... tell us how you have more things in place and you are curbing the Cheating while we all grab some popcorn and laugh our asses off.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Was just thinking about this, why not make the math question that pops up at times a legitimate answer? As of now I could hit 1+1=7 etc.
    As well, if click bounty when it does pop up, 4 clicks top's, if don't scroll down and answer it=instant flag
    Just a thought.....

15. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Yes, I have had that happen with me Rage! I even reported them to support, but of course nothing happened!
    When you have no problem battling players & then all of a sudden 1 or 2 come along & you are lucky to get 1 or 2 hits in before you are in the hospital.......SOMETHING is very rotten going on!!!

And it's not like I do not have big health.....203000 on a normal fill up & 750000 on a Power fill up!

LaScepter likes this.