[VC] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community October 6 - 10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 10, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans September 27 - October 3

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 14

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

September Item Creation Contest Winning Design Now Available!

We announced the winners and now their Items are available! Check out the design below and make sure to look for it in game. You can find it as an extra item in the Limited Quantity section either on the front page or the Gods page.
    Viking Clan - This Way That Way (warrior) by @David The Viking

[​IMG]

New Feature: Power Heal!

After a quick trial run in Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, the Power Heal has made its way to Viking Clan. For more information on this feature, read this post here.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday players, and a happy Thanksgiving to our fellow Canadians!

Heads up: our office will be closed on Monday, Oct 13th for the holiday so please be aware that responses to any Friday afternoon or weekend messages may take some extra time.

And a quick reminder! We love it when players send us relevant links or URLs when they contact us! If you have question or concerns about something in your game and are able to send us a direct link to the page it's on, that can really help illustrate what the issue is.

However, try to check any URLs you send us to make sure they work and go to the right places. I can't even count the number of times a player has reported their own account to us for violations because they accidentally pasted their own link into the message! :)

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who is super aware of cephalopods this week.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What does a subatomic duck say?
    Quark!
    Reveal for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Too many FP's lately? Typo up there ... where is that server? :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

haha good catch :cool:

4. samuel mayberry

samuel mayberry New Member

this way that way is the bigget joke of the year from kano has nothing ever to do with anything in any viking coulture any where on earth

Demonik1 likes this.
  5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

an even bigger mistake was releasing it along with the new set of limited quantity that had a balanced warrior with lower numbers but the same cost...kind of a waste and pointless...why buy a warrior with lower numbers for the same price?

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK I must be getting slow in my old age. Can somebody point out what you're referring to?

Nope never mind, finally figured it out. :/

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Dang ... now I look more stupid than I am .... hagd!

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Don't feel too bad, @Kel the Merciful King it took me a good ten minutes of furiously re-reading this TGIF before I finally found what you were referring to.

9. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

Hm. It's true that the "This Way That Way" warrior does not have origins in ancient norse mythology -we picked it because it seemed like a fun idea.

It's been something of a trend for us to make content based on how fun it sounds. I suspect that if we were to compile a list of elements in our games that are historically inaccurate, the This Way That Way wouldn't even rank in the top 100.

However I can certainly appreciate it if players have an interest in seeing more content drawn directly from old norse culture and myth. We'll keep that in mind when designing future releases :)

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  10. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Speaking of New Releases......Has the Kano people taken a look at how many MORE Higher Levels there are now??? With this last round of Raid Bosses there are a lot more of us now! We NEED a New Land & all that goes with it!!! And I consider New Blacksmith Recipes part of a New Land! Kano is WAY behind the Player's Levels! :(

Come on guys, PLEASE give us a New Land!♥