[PC] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community June 23 - 27

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 28, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! What happened this past week in Dev and Community?

Player Bans June 14 - June 20

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KPs2: 18

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Long Weekend!

Next Tuesday is Canada Day and as such some of the Kano team (like myself) are taking Monday off as well, which means that staff presence will be light until about Wednesday. Don’t worry, we still have people on the job! Smack will be poking in around the forums here on Monday, so be nice!

Pistol Whip Button on Battle Screen

A small change went out today that you probably already noticed: we (Smack to be specific) added a Pistol Whip button to the Battle response screen so when you beat an opponent into submission the prompt to Whip them will show up right where the attack button is if you have not done so already in the last hour.

[​IMG]

New Crates!

New crates are out, with three new Legendary items! Why not pick one up and try your luck?

[​IMG]

New Location Coming Soon...

Where will your high seas adventures take you next?

[​IMG]

A Word About Monday’s Server Outage

Early Monday morning and again in the afternoon around 3 PM PDT, we experienced a “cache server outage” across all four games. As a side effect of this, gifts sent, punching/whipping/axe slapping and game history feed logs were not being saved and were constantly reset. We replaced the failing server with a new one, however some lingering effects were felt until Tuesday morning. As is always the case if you are still seeing anything weird, please contact Support.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Hey players!

Going to keep things pretty brief this week, so here are a few quick notes:

No we don't rig the lottery or any other chance-base mechanics to make people lose. These systems are governed entirely by the omnipotent force to which we at Kano are all supplicant, math, and work exactly the same way normal lotteries and chance-based games do. If you're interested, in learning more about how probabilities in lottery games are calculated, you can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_mathematics

Also, as you may be aware the coming Tuesday is a holiday up here in Canadaland! I will be taking the Monday off as well to help take care of some family commitments, so things will be a little slow next week, however Glitch(Annick) will be available on Monday to help people out.

Cheers,
    Aardvark
    who knows the difference between i.e. and e.g. and can use both correctly in a sentence

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What is it called when an antarctic bird takes first prize?
    A peng-win.
    Reveal for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No this is not good ,not good at all whipping is an art not something that is done automatically,change this back, this is NOT GOOD

TabithaMoon likes this.
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Please change that back. Don't need the game to tell us when to PW. That is something that should be up to the individual player. The game can't decide something like that.

TabithaMoon and Kirsten like this.
  4. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

I usually don't say anything about updates because the game is ever-changing, ever-evolving, but this Pistol Whip button is NOT good. I'm sorry. I hit the Attack button fast when the person is in battle with me or sometimes I just do it because I want to get my dailies done and get offline. This makes it too easy to accidentally hit PW.

What if I don't want to PW someone? What if I just wanted my dailies and be done with it? What if I want to wait until they are lower to PW to go for the kill? Then I accidentally PW in the process of just trying to Attack. Sorry, not good. Thank you for the effort but no thank you.

PS: My favorite penguin is the Magellanic ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback people. I have written in the ZS TGIF but I will re-iterate here. Over the past while we have had multiple requests asking for such functionality once a player is "severely injured". However the overall feedback is this change is pretty negative.

We are going to revert this and come back next week with a discussion post to explore how to proceed with this if at all. Apologies for the disruption.

JADES and TabithaMoon like this.
  6. TabithaMoon

By the way, did you know you misspelled the weapon? You spelled it "Axecuter."
    Unless you wanted it to be cute lol. Just thought it was funny.

7. Kirsten

Thank you very much ,Smack ;)

8. TabithaMoon

You never know how it's going to work unless you try. Thank you for considering the feedback.

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It bludgeons you with cuteness! I did not know this but I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Punch now removed. Enjoy!

TabithaMoon likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Thanks for removing it.:D

11. TabithaMoon

HAHA!

12. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Thank you. At first glance something like that seems pretty useful until you realize that there are times you may not want to PW kill someone right away. That may close your 24 window on them or whatever and having that option pop up like that where you may click it accidentally could be really frustrating. Perhaps moving the PW button so you can't hit it accidentally when it pops up would be the answer if a lot of people want this.

TabithaMoon and Kirsten like this.
  13. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Did you say pistol whip? well let me take the other side on this. I like the idea myself. If I have to leave the battle screen to throw a whip,, this gives the opponent precious time to HEAL. So, then I cannot get the kill. Maybe there is another option......if it were still on that screen but not in the exact location of the attack key......

kevinmalo likes this.