[PC] TGIF...This Week in Dev and Community July 22 - July 26

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 26, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF folks! What went down this past week in Dev and Community? Read on to find out!

Player Bans July 12 - July 18

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 5
    MS: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Check out these hot new items:

wall_feed_july13_ltds_week5.jpg

Kano Apps Player Survey

In case you missed it earlier this week, I posted a Play Survey which you can find right here: Survey

Some of you said that the Summer Newsletter poll was a little vague, so I decided to give you guys the opportunity to just write what you want in there! The developers and I have been pouring over the results we’ve received so far, and we’d like to get even more! If you have a moment, I’d really appreciate you filling it out. Thanks!

Clan Size Restriction

If you have a lot of friends in your Clan (over 2500 to be precise) then you may have noticed a new message today informing you to remove some Clan members.

This is a new cap implemented to alleviate performance issues that occurred when players had an excessive amount of friends in their Clan. If you have any feedback about this change or the limit, please let us know! By the way, Pirate Clan now uses invite codes to add people, so give it a try!

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!!

Hey Players! Not too much going on this week - Support has been working with the development team to improve how information is passed to and from account networks (mostly Facebook) and help prevent errors with actions like sending invites and gifts or logging into Kano Play with Facebook Connect.

Some food for thought: a lot of social information that would normally be obvious if you were speaking verbally is lost when using text-based communication. Comments intended to be friendly jabs have been read as abusive, or jokes about cheating interpreted as careless admissions of rule breaking.

Please try to bear this in mind when you interact with other players on the game. Not everyone communicates the same way, or has the same grasp of the language, native speaker or not. I can think of more than a few instances where a messy feud could have been avoided by simply wording a comment differently or slapping a "jk" on the end.

Cheers,

Aardvark

Terrible Joke of the Week

Hope you payed attention in chemistry class!

Do I know the molecular formula for sodium hydride? NaH. ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1

MySpace: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2

2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

My favorite Penn & Teller prank was conning environmentalists to sign a petition banning dihydrogen monoxide.

3. geff gur

geff gur Member

If our clan size is going to be restricted to the point we must remove people, shouldn't it be cheaper TO remove people? like, maybe free? I don't want to pay over 700,000 gold for every person i remove.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It has always cost to deleted a captain. It will only be a problem if you have 2500 , every once in awhile I look thru and find the ones that don't play , not a big deal.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

But this is a FORCED change.

It should be free.

6. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Kano isn't really forcing it on us - we can rock along handicapping ourselves by accepting too many friend/crew invites 'til the cows come home if we're not deeply invested into having a strong PC character (which I am). I really appreciate being told just how many I need to remove. I strongly agree that it ought not to cost us gold though, since it didn't cost us any gold to be kind to the newbies by crewing up with them.

And just because it's "always been that way" is no excuse for an unpleasant thing to STAY that way, my dear Linders :p

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well in that case, no coin for counter, traps bounties , crafting, no coins for everything that cost coin now, Let freedom ring :p JK I have no problem cause I am not at the limit anyway, prob close but no cigar, and I do from time to time weed out inactive players, you would be surprised how many do not play anymore for a long long time :)

just looked right off the bat, Page 121 the 5 on there have no played since 2009 and one is a shadow which prob means that one has no fb account any more either, now for me I would like to be able to click all 5 , kinda like deleting email messages and get rid of the 5 of them all at once. That I would suggest as an idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  8. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

That would be wonderful! It's slow going, even for my 300+ too many, and it's costing me 1,180,000 each to get rid of them :( There goes that nice Rule I was saving up for...

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

300 X 1,180,000=354 Million that's chump change

10. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Oh, news bulletin: Kano has restricted us from adding anybody else to our crew until we have removed ALL of our excess crew first, and that takes FOREVER. NO FAIR, Kano, at least you could have given us either a warning before or a grace period after!

11. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

True, but how damn long is it gonna take me to remove all these people and THEN enough more that I can again begin adding/accepting new crew? I run a high-level Boss-sharing group, so at any time I may want to add a person from my group or one of the other 3 I'm in, but before I can I have to get rid of all these peeps?

It's a tad SUDDEN, is what I'm screamin'.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am in way more boss sharing groups , but I try to be selective on who I add, no DA's , enemies just so they will leave me alone or just for the sake of bosses, I add the new players , and they have nothing I need but I have something to offer, helping them clan maybe even a little protection or maybe some game advice and I am just about at 2,000 clan. For me not a problem with this limit and if it were I would do my best to adjust to it and deal with it. But that is just me and how I look at things .

13. zegalleywench

zegalleywench New Member

Forced removing of captains

I agree with the removing captains charge. If we are being forced to remove them at least the first original time. I should not have to pay to remove them. Coin is a big part of this game and every little bit you can save helps. So in my case anyway, I will not pay to remove them so the part about it causing issues for the game servers and such will not be solved if most do not pay to remove their captains..

14. geff gur

geff gur Member

that's another thing.. with over 400 captains and 700 chieftains to remove, it's going to take 800 and 1400 clicks to remove them all. that's a TON of clicks.. streamlining the process.. maybe make a check box by each inner circle captain, then doing a "delete all" just like messages as mentioned above. that would make things simpler.

15. zegalleywench

zegalleywench New Member

Chump change to you maybe...

16. zegalleywench

zegalleywench New Member

Linda ... we are not being forced to counter, bounty trap ect. They LET us have that many people in the first place.. We should not be paying to fix or remove people. They make changes in the game all the time to help people.. adding adventures, achievements ect. They then reward everyone with Dj's or whatever to get everyone up to speed with the changes.. This is kind of the same thing in my opinion. But, hey I am nobody really.. lol

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well it is not a problem for me, since, I here and there get rid of inactive and have not reached the 2500 anyway, so keep complaining and maybe kano will do something. I don't know what else to tell you guys, the squeaky wheel might get greased, who knows, Me I try my best to go with the flow, hey but that is just me and I am nobody either, I just have a different perspective on the whole thing. But then on the other hand if players get to do it for free now , cause they couldn't be bothered, never looked to see, or did not want to spend the coin, never thought of it, etc,then I want to be reimbursed for any I have deleted all along, so ya see it works both ways.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback regarding the new Captain limit! I'll see what I can do to convince the developers into giving a "grace period" on removing Captain for free to get you back down to or under the new limit! :)

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Honestly this change is bogus.

We were allowed to add this many to begin with.

Sorry new players but Kano wont let us add you to help you out.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Good point, we will look to get that fixed today.