[PC] TGIF...This week in Dev and Community July 1 - 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 5, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s what happened this week in Dev and Community!

Player Bans June 21 - June 27

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 4
    MS: 15

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Happy Independence Day!

Yesterday was Independence Day in the good ol’ US of A, so I hope all of our American players had an excellent Fourth of July!

New Limited Items!

Speaking of Independence Day, we released some themed items this week! You can get them now!

pc.jpg

Support Report with your Community Manager, mi7ch!

No real Support Report this week, folks, as your normal writer continues to work away at tickets. Just a reminder that the Canada Day long weekend up here might cause a delay in getting your ticket answered!

Kano Play Update

I just thought I would take a minute here to bring everyone up to speed on the state of Kano Play. We heard from a lot of former Myspace players who moved over that they felt like the community there was getting a little thin. Since we opened up registrations last week, we've seen a four times increase in the number of new players signing up daily than what we used to see on Myspace. We’re continuing to reach out to lapsed Myspace players to entice them to reactivate their accounts, so we expect that number to increase even further.

If you've reached out to your friends from Myspace and have gotten them to sign up, we thank you! We’d love to get even more people in, though, so if you have some friends who are still on the fence, or just keep forgetting to get around to it, let them know that they can look forward to these improvements in the future:

- freshened up layout
    - new chat just for KP
    - user profiles with avatar support
    - improved player invite module

That’s just a glimpse of what will be coming in the next few months. We thank you for sticking with us while we got Kano Play Myspace up and running, and I hope you’re looking forward to the changes we’re planning on making.

Terrible Joke of the Week

You guys might not know this, but I’m a big Poke-fan, so I’m extra pleased to present a terrible Pokemon themed joke this week!.

How do you get Pikachu on a bus? Poke him on. ← Highlight for hilarity!

And that’s everything for this week folks! Thanks for tuning in for another TGIF, and I’ll see you next week!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_tgif
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2

2. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

I am not nor was I a My Space player and have always been on Face Book, but there are limitations to Kano Play that you don’t have access to everything as when logged into Face Book and I assume the access was the same on My Space so I only use Kano Play when I am out on my iPad or iPhone because you cannot do everything. Kano Play needs to have access to everything like when logged into Face Book.

Just a suggestion.:):)

3. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Pika Pika .... Pikachuuuuu!

pikachu.jpg

4. TabithaMoon

You have to go directly to the URL when on the iPad. It's http://kanoplay.com/pirateclan . Don't have the m. in front of kanoplay or else it will take you to the mobile version, which sucks.

5. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Thank you. I will double check what URL is on my devices and see if I am on the mobile one.

6. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

So unless I am still doing something wrong it is taking me to the web page I already have bookmarked, I did the address without the at the beginning and end, and does...ing it and we will have access to everything.

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

when I have trouble getting with my iphone, I can usually get in if I go to google and search Pirate clan - RPG- Kano apps

8. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Thank you Linda, but getting in is not the issue, the issue is not having access to everything in the game that you do on a P.C. logged into Face Book on my iPhone or iPad using the address given by Kano.

9. Sarinas

Sarinas New Member

mobile Pirate Clan

even entering the normal URL will not work.. On mobile devices, it forces the game into m.version... :(

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hmmm well I have access to everything , with my Iphone, but it takes too long compared to my Mac laptop so I stick to the calendar/s or world boss or to see who attacked, put my health up, whip someone, things like that.No clue how it works on an I pad , but I have heard that people have issues with that before. The mobile version does try to interfere and does not work well at all, very limited on things it can do so I do not use it, I like the Kano black canvas platform.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  11. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Thanks Linda, you are right it is slow moving for sure. I will do World Bosses, regular Bosses and 3 day calendars to keep up but I don’t worry about Treasure Hunt stuff because of being able to have up to 4 shovels as I am not usually gone long enough for that much time to pass.

I will go in and look to see if I have access to everything since you say you do on your iPhone and I will take notes of tasks that I cannot do if there still are some. But again, like you too, a lot can happen on iPhone or iPad because of how slow it reacts compared to desktop computer.

12. TabithaMoon

I play on my iPad and hubby plays on his mobile while at work. Neither of us have ever had a problem with that URL going straight to the full version game, so I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  13. TabithaMoon

14. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Thank you for all the information. I only use my iPhone and iPad when not at home just to keep up with certain timed things. I don't know if it is redirecting me and it is through Safari with the web address I gave below. I will check it out and once I know for sure I will let you know. Thanks again.