[VC] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community August 4 - 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans June 26 - August 1

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1
    KPs2: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

August Weekend Calendar!

Heat things up with the Sizzlin' Summer Calendar! This Calendar started this morning at 10:00 am PDT and finishes up on August 11 at 10:00 am PDT.

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday!

We've had some tickets in from daily players who were having some trouble getting credit towards their Daily Rewards. We've recently updated that way the Daily Play counter works, tidying up the activity checks and adding in some additional ones to take care of any odd cases slipping through.

We also had a message a while back from someone who seemed to feel that Income should not be described as "hourly" since most players have class or achievement bonuses that allow them to collect on cycles shorter than 60 minutes.

I would like to offer apologies to anyone who found this confusing and have spoken to the devs about correcting this distressing issue. :p

Cheers

Aardvark
    needs to find her clippers and wonders how the heck people with long fingernails can perform even the most basic functions

[​IMG]
    Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What's a spider's favorite kind of fast food?
    French flies!
    Reveal for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Are we going to get a new Land anytime soon???

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Why not? One was released last week in LCN for 7 players... I suppose the 6 or 7 players that need one in Vikings might as well have one, too...

4. Deblovscats1

There are more than 6 or 7 players that would use a new land on FB VC Jared! LOL :p

5. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

How many locations do you have ahead of you? Around how many years should wait the community for you in the current last location?

6. Anarchymc666

Anarchymc666 New Member

Has any one got a list of worhty items to craft by level, please

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Let's see (just in Vikings, I won't bore you with the details for LCN and Pirates)... level 4k, joined 1200 days ago. A little history lesson for those that don't know... Muspell was the highest location for a long (more than a year) time, which is why the crafting is set up the way it is. I'm averaging 6 locations a year in Vikings, and I have 13 more to go (currently). Would waiting another year or so REALLY kill the top few players? It seems to me that all these new locations don't really seem to be doing much to keep long-time players from actively playing anymore, and they don't really help the player base in general, because very few of us are going to play more than 5 years to get to the (current) newest location...

kevinmalo likes this.
  8. Deblovscats1

Isn't that a little selfish on your part??? Just HOW does getting a New Land do you any harm??? At your level you have something to look forward to, something to work for! Why do higher levels have to stay stagnant to please you???

And it seems to me that most higher levels HAVE been playing for more than 5 yrs or more! Face it, it you really like a game & get "hooked" on it, you stay with it & usually spend money on it! And like it or not the people who spend money on games are the ones who help support the game & keep it going for the people who do not spend any money!

And I would like to point out that if it were not for the Higher Levels wanting more levels, the game would have ended with Muspell being the end of the game! Higher Levels want something to look forward to also, just like you!

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that new locations should never be opened, and that the highest level players are not appreciated.
    What I'm saying is that it doesn't make much sense to add a new location every time a few players get to the latest one and finish it off in a month or two.
    If that was the case, Kano should be adding at least 4 locations a year in all 4 of the games for a small minority of the player base. Opening new locations does not "harm" me in any way, but is this really how Kano's resources should be spent on a regular basis? Does that make sense to you?
    Most of the higher level players have been playing for at least 5 years, I'm sure. But how many total players are there? How many players that started this month will be playing here 5 years from now? Not many, I'm sure.
    As I stated, I have 13 locations to go currently. I could care less (personally) if any more are added until next year in any of the games, because shooting for the highest location when I have 13 more to go isn't really motivational to me.
    Of course, I'm sure that a new location will be added for you soon, and when you're ready for the next one, you'll be here again asking when another one will be added. Then everyone will be happy.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No new Locations that I know of, I'll ask the developers.

11. Deblovscats1

Just for your information, Personally it did not take me 2 months to finish this last location.

According to the World Leaderboard, there are 64 people that are from Level 9,000 up to Level 24,546. There are a couple of them that don't play anymore so make that 62 active players. Granted it's not thousands of people but the should still count for something!
    And just for your information, the World Leaderboard only shows 120 total people and the lowest Level showing is 7541.

And you are right, when the next location is finished, after a while I will be here wanting more!

But like I said before, if it weren't for me and others like me who did want more of this game, it would have ended at Muspell.

12. Deblovscats1

Thank you mi7ch!♥

13. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Anyone at KANO have any idea when the new world will be made available???

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I asked the developers yesterday about a new VC Location and we do have one in the works, no ETA on it however I'll let them know that we have a couple folks who are voicing interest.

15. Deblovscats1

Thank you mi7ch!♥
    It's good to know they are at least working on it!:)

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

From the game FB page: Coming up next week, it's the Weekday Calendar! This special event lasts a whole week and it starts on Monday, August 18, so get ready!

This will be like a 3 day calendar that can be done 3 times with one key every 30 mins?

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sort of, I have an explanation of it in today's TGIF but I'll post it here for you.

The Weekday Calendar runs from Monday to Friday and can be done three times just like a Weekend Calendar. The only difference is since it is five days long instead of three the keys regenerate at a slower rate. You'll still get the same amount as you normally do, just slightly slower because the Calendar lasts for two extra days.