[PC] TGIF... This week in Dev and Community 7/12/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! December is upon us!

It seems like this week flew right by, so let's take a look at what went on!

Player Bans Nov 24 - Nov 30

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 8
    MS: 26

As always, we are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use by swinging the banhammer where it needs to be swung.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New limited items!

A new week means new limited items!

wall_feed_dec12_ltds_week2.jpg

wall_feed_nov12_ltdqty_week3.jpg

Look Awesome? Go get them!

Facebook Offsite Game Policy Change

Facebook announced a change to their policy regarding offsite versions of games on Facebook that took effect December 5th, 2012. You can read more about the policy change here, and although the changes were very minimal, you can read about how this will affect players using the offsite version here.

Community-Proposed Battle Arena Tweaks

Last week we made a change to the requirements needed to receive a rank reward in the Battle Arena. Because of substantial community discussion on the topic, we've changed the threshold to what we believe is a reasonable middle-ground. You can read the announcement by clicking here or the smiley face. :)

Proposed listing restrictions for low-level players

We've had a number of complaints about newer players being able to list higher-level players with little repercussion, and as such we've proposed a change to help with this. You can read about it by clicking here.

Updated in-game help

There have been more than a few players point out that our in-game help has been fairly out of date, so our dedicated Support person Melanie has been working hard to update it for you. Click "Help" in the top right corner of your game screen to see her handiwork!

Updated Moderator Policies

There have been quite a few discussions in the past few weeks regarding moderators and moderation. To help with this discussion I've updated and posted our moderator policies. They're in FAQ form and are meant to be easily understood, but if you have any questions about them, feel free post in this thread or message me directly. You can read the updated policies by clicking here or on the sunglasses smiley face. :cool:

Support Report

Hey Players, just a few quick notes for you this week:

Mobile players from Facebook will probably notice that the mobile version no longer contains a link to the full-version of your game. This is because of the Facebook's policy change regarding offsite apps. If you are a Facebook player and want to see the full, web version of your game, just visit our offsite portal through your mobile browser: www.kanoplay.com

Secondly, if you need help from Support please provide as much detail about what you're seeing as possible, and a screenshot if you can. A message simply saying that "the game isn't working" is not something we can use to resolve issues.

-Melanie

Joke of the week!

Joke of the week time! I've been enjoying Bad Joke Cat quite a bit recently, so this week's joke is once again from there.
    I went to the zoo and saw a piece of toast in a cage. A sign read: "Bread in captivity." Highlight for hilarious joke! Click here for the appropriate sound effect.

For those of you who live in places where it snows, I hope you're enjoying the fluffy white stuff while staying safe on the roads. Have a great weekend everyone!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/pc_forum

2. Perhaps you could consider changing the date at the top of this post, it's misleading when it's still saying July. Thanks. :)

3. Wonder Bread

I apologize for the confusion, but our dates for TGIF posts have always gone day month year. It would be nice if it were July though, probably have less rain :)

4. Jeleu Cu Decolteu

Jeleu Cu Decolteu New Member

i think u should consider introducing war mode on PC because the game is dieyng slowly but for shure..it's becomed boring...spice up the things a litel bit....

5. I agree. Would be good to add war mode to pc.

6. I was wondering what happened to link that allowed you to go from the mobile version to the normal version of the app.
    I don't like the mobile version, but when I click the app on facebook when using a phone, it automatically sends me to the mobile version. There used to be a link in the mobile apps that sent you to the normal version of the app. Now that link is gone, or at least, I can't find it.

7. Niko_Von_Wulf

Niko_Von_Wulf New Member

so when is pirate clan getting a new world?

8. Wonder Bread

We are currently considering a feature for Zombie Slayer that, if successful, would likely be ported to our other games, including PC. You can read about the proposed feature by clicking here.
    As for the mobile link, we unfortunately had to take that out because of some recent policy changes by Facebook, however our offsite version is still available, and can be accessed by bookmarking www.kanoplay.com which also has the added benefit of being accessible from your home screen.
    @Niko While we haven't currently announced the next location, I can tell you that PC is getting a new location in the new year, although I unfortunately can't say when.