[PC] TGIF... This week in Dev and Community 19/10/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! I was glad to see Friday arrive with a minimal amount of rain, as we had fair-sized downpour last night. I may also have been running around in said rain and gotten soaked. It's a distinct possibility.

Enough complaints about the weather, let's take a look at the past week!

New Afterworld Co-op Boss: Leviathan

wall_feed_leviathan.jpg

The fiery waters of Afterworld begin to churn, which can't be a good sign. As a gigantic scaled head, impossibly large, rises in front of your ship, you conclude that it wasn't, in fact, a good sign. Now that you've figured that out, bring on... The Leviathan!

Limited item removal fix

It was brought up on the forums this past week that being able to remove purchased limited items was confusing as it gave the illusion that a player would receive points for doing so because of how the cost was displayed.

We agreed that this was confusing and pointless, so we have removed the remove button on purchased limited items. Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion, which you can read about here!

Player Bans Oct 6- Oct 12

I wanted to clarify this week about the ban numbers we provide. Because of when these numbers are recorded, the weekly numbers are actually for the previous week. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and will now include the dates that numbers are being pulled from.

FB: 5
    MS: 1

As always, we are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use by swinging the banhammer where it needs to be swung.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Facebook Offsite Game Policy Change

Facebook recently announced a change to their policy regarding offsite versions of games on Facebook that will take effect December 5th, 2012. You can read more about it here.

3-day Spooktober Calendar!

pc_wall_feed_minigame_oct12_2_cs.jpg

Because we love Halloween so much, we figured that we should do another Halloween-themed calendar. Have a spook-filled fun time with it!

I also wanted to touch on a complaint some players have been voicing recently about the xp reduction from challenge help that typically occurs when 3-day calendars come around, because of the frequency with which you can do them.

The important thing to remember for all of this is that the 3-day calendars are, by themselves, free xp. The can be completed three times, which, again, is quite a bit of free xp. Challenge help is another way for players to get free xp, so players are essentially getting free xp on top of their free xp, which also gets player free keys, which is more free xp. So it's free xp on top of free xp on top of free xp. Because there's no limit to the number of challenges that players can help with, the amount of free xp received on the challenge help is limited because if it wasn't it would unbalance the game, which means we simply wouldn't do 3-day calendars, which would suck because the images are always really cool.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion that players have been voicing about this. :)

Ideas Section Revamp

Regular forum members will have noticed recently that I've mentioned an upcoming revamp of our Ideas section of the forums. While this didn't end up happening this week, I'm hoping to have it underway for next week. Our plan is to add an Ideas section for each game, so that players can post game-specific ideas there instead of one section for all games. We will also have sections for ideas we're considering for implementation, ideas we don't foresee implementing, and community ideas we have already implemented.

Community feedback and ideas are extremely important to us, and we hope that this reorganization will better show this love and appreciation.

Support Report

Time for your weekly dose of exciting news from the world of Kano Support!

A quick clarification about combat: Your Battle Range consists of everyone within 10% of your own level. This means that the more levels you have, the larger your range becomes and yes, it is possible for you to be in someone else's range, but not them in yours.

Fun fact! If your Chat view is set to "World" but your message bar is on Group or Faction, you'll probably get an error message about how you need a Speaker to post. If you're having trouble posting, make the drop menu to the left of the message field is on the right setting, type "/w" before your message to force-post it the World Chat.

In other news, I doodled Wonder Bread and myself some new avatars. Behold my amazing artistry!

Sorry, I couldn't think of a 3rd paragraph this week. :p

-Melanie

Joke of the week!

Joke of the week time! The joke this week is an old favourite of a childhood friend of mine, so if you don't like it, blame him!

What do you call a fish with no eyes? Fsh! This makes more sense as a spoken joke, but it's still pretty excellent Highlight for hilarious answer! Click here for the appropriate sound effect.

On that note, have an excellent weekend everyone!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/pc_forum

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Nice new graphics on the new boss in pc and also the drop items in them. Glad to have pirates in high places to share with us mid and low levels.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I sent a support message about this but I think what I said wasn't clear so I'll try again.

I'm currently being attacked by someone that on my battle list says they are out of my range.

I haven't been attacking them,so how are they attacking me?

Link and a screenshot was already sent to support,but I guess I just wasn't 100% clear about that.

4. Jon Ward

And it shows no attacks on your end what so ever Protector. When your doing the screenshot of that persons profile. I know i don't have to explain everything to you about attacks since your a seasoned player. But that is strange if the player is far ahead of you and able to attack you out of the blue. I believe if i am not mistaken the ones above you can go down at most 350 to 400 levels at most.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well I don't think names should be a issue since its no secret who it is.

Besides I'm not accusing of anything either.

screenshot_135.jpg

screenshot_136.jpg

screenshot_137.jpg

6. Jon Ward

And that is why i am glad i am just a volunteer. Because if both are you in the 6000s its going to be a tough call on that one to say what the level limits are because i know from that distance to some it might be 400 to 500 levels but that high up might be in the right frame. She might be able to attack down on you even if it does show that she is a higher level. that has happened before.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

A bit misleading though.

8. Jon Ward

Yes it is i think i have seen another player post something similiar before they were in the 4000s and the other player was 4700 something if memory serves me it said the same thing the player is out of range if no further attacks are made but the higher player still was able to hit them even after the 24hr period had resetted.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well ya know glitches happen.

It should be displayed better.

When I see "OUT OF RANGE" I take it as I'm out of there range.

It's just a bit misleading.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  10. meandyou

meandyou Banned

well i lvl 16000 and there player 17000 i had the thing hide out of range players he would disappear but he could still hit me , he 1000 lvl above and had to use a 37 percent boost to beat me , and as things are , he has to use counters to stop me beating him , this same player was 3000 lvls above me and he still had to use boost to beat me, as you can see there is a 1000 lvl gap between us and we are in range , so cant see how an inexperence lower level would know these things unless he was told how the game works looks like he not been told

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thanks for the reply.You're someone that defo knows how the game works.

Side note,you're going to pass him soon.

12. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Your level range for your battle list is 10% of your level, which means that a level 6641 would be able to attack 664 levels below them, which means they can hit down to 5977. I know this is isn't explained very well, and I apologize for the confusion.

13. Jon Ward

Meandyou yes i know who you actually are if leave our issues in facebook with one another. Do not bring it to the forums or it will be deleted. If you have issues within the game itself your more then welcome to post. Snide comments or trolling they will be deleted plain and simple.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well Dan answered the question, so we have it now.:) and when someone does not know the answer we can def find out as soon as we can get someone from Kano to come take a look :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.