[PC] TGIF... This week in Dev 20/07/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! I hope everyone is having a better Friday than I am, as I'm currently holed up at home in bed trying to shake an illness I seem to have woken up with. I'm hoping it's not scurvy, but I've grabbed some fruit juice just in case.

But enough about me and my possible illness, let's take a look at this past week:

Updates

• New Limited Items
    • New Limited Quantity Items

FB Canvas/Offsite update

We released a sidebar for players between levels 1-50 with screen resolutions wider than 1280 on Facebook Canvas and our offsite version. Once it has been tested further it will be opened up to player over level 50.
    You can read about and discuss this addition here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7950-New-Sidebar-for-Facebook-Canvas-Offsite

Summer Games Calendar

Our special 3-day Summer Games Calendar launched today at 12pm (PDT) and will be available until Monday July 23 at 12pm (PDT). It's only around for a short time, so make sure you get yours done quickly! As with are other special limited-time Calendars, you'll be able to complete this one up to 3 times. So quick, get on it!

Player Bans

I apologize that we haven't been keeping you all up-to-date with the player ban total, so this week I thought I'd do both a past week total and a running total since May.

Past week:

FB: 25
    MS: 3

Running Total since May:

FB: 37
    MS: 32

We are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use.

Ask Kano

This is a re-post from last week, but we're still looking for more questions, so I'll post it again:

At some point in the relatively-near future, we will be doing a video segment called “Ask Kano.” This will be a monthly segment where we’ll be answering player-submitted questions about our games. These will be done separately for each game, and will feature me talking with one (or more) of our Devs about your questions. I’m really excited to get started on this, and to do so we need your questions!
    The questions can be about anything to do with the game, its features, story, items, etc. although please don’t submit questions about other players or factions, as we won’t answer them. We obviously can’t answer every question, but will make an effort to answer a wide variety of interesting questions. If you would like recognition for your query, please include your game name and the platform you play on and we will potentially include it when reading out the question.

Please email your questions to ask.pirateclan@kanoapps.com with the subject line “Ask Kano”

That’s it for this week! Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to trying to regain my good health.

Have a great and healthy weekend everyone! It's nap time for Wonder Bread.

Play Now!
    Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/pc_forum

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sweeeet, I sent in my question and I was nice about it...lol

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Can we have the option of closing the side bar before its made official. Only reason i ask this is because when you updated the game on mobile it made it harder to do things on the site. Unless you go to the offsite version which i hope that stays the way it is. I would rather keep my screen size the way it is on lappy and phone if possible just like if we choose to hide world chat and show offers.

4. momma2.0

momma2.0 Member

Can you tell me please why I and some others are only getting 1XP for assisting in challenges?

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wow this is old.
    May of last year it changed to 1 xp after helping with 50 challenges in 24hrs.
    The regular calendar there is no limit on.
    The 3 day calendar does fall under the 50 limit.

6. momma2.0

momma2.0 Member

Oh I see..thank you!!

7. Wonder Bread

Check out the original post on the feature for more info, but there will be a hide/show tab for the sidebar.

8. Wonder Bread

It turns out I posted the wrong email on Friday. The proper email is ask.pirateclan@kanoapps.com, so if you (or anyone else) sent it to the one posted on Friday please resend to this one. I apologize for the confusion, and I blame my illness.

9. Margaret Cunningham

Margaret Cunningham New Member

how do i turn the dam- sidebar OFFFFF????? I use Firefox as a browser, and had to restart my computer trying to get it off. no luck. If WAS showing a side bar on BOTH sides. I am used to it being on the LEFT side. I had to use the browser's tool bar properties to ZOOM-OUT enough to reduce the page down so I could even reach that small liller gray button to turn it OFF. however, it white screens, and pops that bar right back!!!
    Now my game is greatly taken up by all this . Is it Kano attempt to get everyone so frustrated playing in a reduce gaming window (what with the adds and this new space-reducing sidebar on the right side) that everyone gets away from using facebook chat or accessing their facebook social pages and instead just used the kano page version without add, facebook, etc???
    Why when something is working fine for most of us, that someone want s to come along and move things around???
    even ion the Kano site version - I can NOT get that dam- side bar to chose!!!! i hit the grey bar, it all disapeers, then comes back a split second WITHOUT the side bar, then the side bar pops right back on!!!! fix it Kano!!!! I use firefox, im not going to use buggy IE or chrome

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  10. Wonder Bread

There should be a "hide" button on the sidebar if it's causing issues for your game. If you're unable to see a hide button, or if you have any other issues with the sidebar, please take a screenshot and email in to support about it so we can what you're seeing.

11. Margaret Cunningham

Margaret Cunningham New Member

The grey hide sidebar button is NOW working! I do like some of the features on what has been added - but had a issue with not being able to close it. Thank you Kano for fixing that.