[PC] TGIF... This week in Dev 10/08/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! It's not quite as nice as it was last week, although it's still rather pleasant. Last weekend I made the mistake of visiting my home-town, which happened to be a rather spicy 38 degrees Celsius (Google informs me that's ~100 degrees F) so I'm enjoying the milder Victoria weather.

Because of the shorter week, there weren't a ton of updates on the Dev side. There's still some stuff for me to blather on about, so let's take a look:

Updates

• New Limited Items
    • New Limited Quantity Items

Player Bans

FB: 2
    MS: 0

As always, we are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use by swinging the banhammer where it needs to be swung.

FB Group Chat

A few weeks ago Facebook changed how the chat feature worked in Groups. This ended up upsetting a large number of players as it disrupted their established communication channels, which I can understand is frustrating.

Because of the reduced functionality of the Group Chat feature in Facebook Groups, we are looking into improving our in-game chat functionality in order to make it more useful for players. We of course can't promise anything, but we wanted the community to know that we understand your frustration and are looking into possible solutions. We have always been interested in supporting a better in-game chat system, and we look forward to working towards that.

Game Gurus

Last week, we announced an exciting new volunteer opportunity within the community: Game Gurus. Game Gurus are essentially experienced players who will be helping new players by providing knowledge and answering questions in dedicated Guru areas of the forums, as well as other areas. For more information and to apply to be a Guru, check out my post!

Ask Kano

As always, still looking for more questions for Ask Kano. If you don't know what that is, read about it here.

Cache Server Upgrades

As part of our never-ending quest for being awesome, we upgraded our Cache Servers this week in order to be more resistant to outages and down-time. Minimal down-time has always been a priority for us, and these changes should help prevent the kinds of issues we've experienced recently.

New Location Next Week
    Although it was a quiet week this week, we have a new location going out next week, which is always exciting. Keep an eye out for more info next week!

Lame-joke-of-the-week time! I thought we'd do a summer-themed one this week.

Lame joke:
    Q: What did one snowman say to the other snowman?
    A: "Hey, do you smell carrots?" <--Highlight for the answer

If this joke doesn't make sense to you, Google Image search for snowmen. On that note, it looks like it's getting close to beer o'clock. Wonder Bread out!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/pc_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/pc_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/pc_forum

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Alec, put the boss thing in the Idea section, I kinda like it myself :)

3. meandyou

meandyou Banned

lol i cant find the idea section it ok if you put it in and add this to it , as you my have other sejestion

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  5. new location is coming .. only for high leveled people ..!!
    what about us?

PLUS.. when the new world boss is coming?

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Level up an you'll open a new location. How do you think the high levels get to them?

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Perfect point.

8. as i expected, another STUPID comment :)

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Can you explain what that means, if you have not done all the locations then they are new for you , or am I missing something, I see people from time to time say this and to me it makes no sense, Have you gotten to the last location in PC, I am only in Athens so the new ones are new to me :)

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I think some just want locations between already released locations.

Something between bahamas and japan for example.

Another example is something between japan and new orleans.

Don't see it happening nor should it.
    Maybe new advens for previous locations but not locations between already existing locations.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

exactly it should not happen lol that is just strange :)

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

SOME not all but SOME that want this are just plain lazy.

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no just another question with no merit

14. i never said that adding new location between old locations ..!
    i just want to see something that are allowed for all players ..!
    something new
    NEW IDEA
    NEW FEATURE
    NEW THINGS TO THE GAME

understand ?!

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then you'd still have to add between locations one way or another.
    I can see where you're coming from really I can,but I don't think it'll happen.
    Post it in the ideas and see what happens is all I can suggest.

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Adding content to the end of the games is for EVERYONE...eventually when everyone gets to that level it will be available for them. In the meantime U or anyone else still has content to do that you're yet to unlock that other players have already done. This is not the case for the higher levels.....do u really think that higher levels should have nothing to do while lesser levels get more when they already have a ton of new content in front of them? How does it make any sense to penalize higher levels simply because they are moving at a faster rate than you?

Understand?

17. If you aren't already a "high leveled" player, then you have many new worlds yet to conquer. Why would you need another one? The highest level players do not have new worlds to conquer unless Kano puts one out for them. Don't be so greedy, work your way through the worlds you already have, JUST AS THEY DID!

18. And to Kano, THANK YOU for the new worlds in PC and VC!!!

19. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

You're welcome! New location for LCN as well, for what it's worth :D