[LCN] TGIF! Mob Wars - LCN Development News August 3 - 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans July 27 - August 2

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 15
    KP2: 5

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Weekend Calendar!

A new weekend Calendar has arrived! It runs until Monday August 10 at 10 am PST!

[​IMG]

Raid Event This Weekend!

The Vigilante League has returned! Gather you Mob and fight them this weekend! Need a refresher on the Raid Event? Check this thread here!

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

I'm a little brain-dead from staring at reports and spreadsheets this week. We're reviewing a bunch of Support info to see where we can make things move a little quicker and get tickets resolved sooner!

And speaking of tickets, we've had a few interesting ones this week! As we've mentioned before, performance is a big priority for us and we spent a lot of time looking into reports of slowness and improving our systems for smoother, faster page loads.

This should go without saying, but we don't conspire inflict lag to influence battles. Nor do we "hack" players computers, or make them download malicious software, or in any way try to sabotage play or drive people away.

So if you were worried someone here at Kano was sitting atop their throne of skulls, cackling madly and pressing a big red button labeled "MAKE [INSERT NAME HERE]'s GAME SLOW," please rest assured that this is not the case.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who hardly ever cackles madly. Honestly.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do you call a cow with a twitch?
    Beef jerky.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas:https://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/play/14870/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id789910921?mt=8&pt=Forum&ct=tgif

MobMan likes this.
  2. Ojba

Ojba New Member

Love the terrible jokes of the week!

Carl Stahls and Burnsie like this.
  3. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

In reference to the Post @Aardvark made regarding "lag" and "malicious software" - I have a very strong background when it comes to computers, and after reading Aardvark's Post I immediately thought of the "Offers" from TrialPay and/or SuperRewards. There have been MANY times when I have been in the middle of completing certain Offers, and have made the decision to stop/cancel the Offer due to them essentially forcing me to download "malware/spyware/riskware". Offers requiring users to download certain software, games, toolbars, apps, etc. often come with "pre-checked" boxes that when remain "checked", will automatically download a variety of different things which are ultimately "malware" of some sort. The following paragraph is a direct quote from SuperRewards website regarding Toolbars/Downloads < Click HERE to view the following statement/full FAQ statement directly from SuperRewards' website >:
    "Toolbars and other download offers — are they safe?
    Toolbars and other download offers may trigger a warning message in your antivirus/malware software. These programs not only flag viruses but also third-party cookies which the advertisers use to track your completion of the offers. Review the message from your anti-virus/malware software and you will see that it is simply a warning. You do not need to be alarmed. We assure you that none of the offers displayed by Super Rewards contain viruses."

Anyway, these unwanted downloads that users are often tricked into downloading are most definitely "malware", and I can see why players who may not be very familiar with computers have submitted (or are) submitting Tickets and/or "accused/accusing - blamed/blaming" Kano for their computers "lagging" (especially if the "lag" started or became worse after playing a Kano game and even attempting to complete any of these Offer(s); it makes sense that they would automatically relate the "lag" they're experiencing directly to the game and ultimately Kano), when in fact it is something such as malware/spyware that needs to be removed, the need to clear/wipe their browser's cache and/or cookies, or a multitude of other reasons, some (or many) of which MAY have been put on these players computers from the Offers section without them even knowing - hence their reason to relate the "lag" to Kano..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Well put easy I do alot of surveys and stuff for FPS and every day or other day I do a complete clean dont take very long but they do have tracking cookies so that you dont repeat an offer or to make sure there done like you said and you have to wipe them out and usually it fixes alot of slow issues. Constant Cleaning keeps mine running smooth, and alot of time I have noticed with my lag if i go and run a speedtest it sometimes is my provider not giving a constant rate of internet flow that could be some of what they are seeing also.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  5. Easy To Remember

Just adding to your input and tips for things people can do to speed their computers up @Jamey Kean - It is also VERY important to restart your PC frequently (in addition to the other things we have already mentioned)! In my opinion (and MANY others), the VERY best antivirus/antimalware programs available is one called "Malwarebytes" - not only is it in my opinion the best program of its kind, it is 100% FREE (no tricks, gimmicks, trials, etc.). I highly recommend downloading and installing this program if you do not have it, or if you just want to have something better than your current antivirus program (you can have more than one, but Malwarebytes is plenty sufficient by itself). You can download the program by clicking HERE, or visiting: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  6. Carl Stahls

Carl Stahls Member

my boss crackles madly very often at work :p

7. Easy To Remember

Is there any chance you could offer more Defense oriented Items, as this is something myself and MANY other Players would like to see! LE Items with strong Attack seem to ALWAYS be released, while everyone I know are after Items with a strong Defense! Thanks Kano! :mad: