TGIF! Development News for Jan 18, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 19, 2019.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

After last week’s update we had a more behind the scenes week this time around, but there’s still a couple housekeeping notes to get to, so let’s hop right to it.

Planned Server Maintenance

Our Memcache server maintenance went off yesterday with expected results, but we thank you all for your patience while we perform these necessary updates on our server infrastructure. This helps us keep the games going smoothly in the long run, so best to do these where we can!

If you think you’ve experienced any unintended side-effects as a result of the maintenance, please let us know in Support!

World Chat Outage

Yesterday we had a outage where our Chat server experienced some issues. Our team was notified and was on top of it immediately and got everything back up and running as quickly as possible.

As with all outages, no matter how minor, it’s important to us to not only be on top of it as quickly as we can but also to learn from it and do our best to prevent them from happening in the future. We appreciate your patience when these outages do happen, and we’re always working to make sure they happen as infrequently as possible.

Mobile War Event Fix

As one last mobile fix, we released a fix for War Tokens not properly displaying their max (this didn’t affect how many you could hold, but could lead to weird cases where you could have 400/300 Tokens).This should now be working correctly, but if you have anything else you’d like us to look at on mobile, drop us a line!

---------------------------------

And that’s it for this week! Sorry for the shorter update, but like I mentioned a lot of the work we did this week wasn’t immediately noticeable, but we’re having lots of exciting conversations for new changes and updates that will be heading your way soon. More on those as they approach, so keep your eyes on this space for updates.

Frozen User Count:

Lame Joke of the Week

If you die before somebody else, does that mean you’ve beaten them to death?

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

are Armada Quests still planned to go another round before the end of January? background server updates are always nice to see happen even if we dont directly see the changes in game they are made to better help the game run smooth so no complaints :D

3. spookierthanu

spookierthanu New Member

Zombie Slayer faction war - we started off with only 200 tokens today. When Kano shortened the event to 3 days, didn't the tokens start at 300??

4. Seppo

Seppo Active Member

no at 200

mi7ch likes this.
  5. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

Really hope we get Faction Quests on Zombies at some point..It sure was a lot of fun on Pirates. And the end rewards are perfect the way they are...Please don't go tinkering with them :p

6. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

I really hope you consider putting back saved dailies. A lot are not spending any money on lcn raids because of this. Kano you need player's council back. You have gotten WAY too GREEDY. You are ruining the games!

Rick B, Mad Moses, SOHAIB and 5 others like this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

They will be back soon, not sure exactly when but we do want to have another run!

That's the plan!

I understand that there is still some frustration around this change, but as Smack mentioned in a recent TGIF thread, we do not have any plans to re-instate stacking.

8. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

I do not understand why you took it away. I really do not undersetand why you will not put it back. No one is happy about this. You care so much about money, you do not care what your players want. THANKS YOU WILL NEVER GET A PENNY FROM ME!
    I hope Mob Wars on Server 1 ends. closes dies, so I can be done.
    I actually hope all Kano games end to free me from the addiction.

Rick B and Kirsten like this.
  9. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Will there be new loyalty items in the near future?

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Someone must have secretly asked for it to be removed in a message to support, that's all I got :p

11. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

If you want to end your addiction, just ask for your account to be closed. Simple as that. Not happy with all kano does either, but some changes are good, others no so. They probably get to listen too much whining all day long.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yep, April!

Crazy Inuit likes this.
  13. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

I know this is a old announcement thread but i was wondering If we could get a new World Boss on Pirate Clan?? cause these things are out dated!

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I thought the raid bosses in coop-boss feed had been taken care of, I see them again, it's a real PIA to look through boss list.
    Raids has it's own tab, how about toss coop-op bosses in raid tab then... :p

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I didn't hear about any changes, but I will ask around.

JADES likes this.
  16. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

As far as memory serves, Kano made an improvement awhile back that allowed us to have a separate tab to bring up only raid bosses in feed, but they never made it possible to click on coop boss links open without the raids still being mixed in there with it. ..........And btw, I wish you could see only coop bosses when that is what you are wanting to hit :p

JADES likes this.