TGIF! Development News for December 7, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dobby, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Dobby

Dobby Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

December has arrived (I can't believe it!) and we have some updates to let you know about from this past week.

New Referral System

We have updated the referral system with the aim to help speed up the process and introduce the new players to some different systems. There are more details and a discussion here - https://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/referral-program-update.36179/

Pirate Clan Holiday Raid Event

Jolly Blackbeard has arrived! Pirate Clan's Holiday Raid event is currently underway. Check it out for a chance to earn some great loot.

[​IMG]

There will be more Holiday Raids coming throughout December, so keep your eyes peeled.

Event Changes

Pirate Clan and Mob Wars: LCN - Armada and Syndicate Wars will be getting a shortened event next week (similar to what Viking Clan/Zombie Slayer has been running for the last month and a bit). The event will still start on Friday but end on Monday. We will be posting a specific thread around these changes next week.

Bug Fixes

We have also fixed up a couple bugs on mobile this past week. There were a couple issues reported to us around the Goals pull out menu on mobile:
    - The Lottery Ticket reminder was missing, this has been restored.
    - There was a display issue with the Daily Rewards that would say "Reward Ready" after you collected. That has also been fixed.

Frozen User Count

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Lame Joke of the Week

What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney?

Claustrophobia!

Sparrowhawk and mi7ch like this.
  2. Event Changes

Pirate Clan and Mob Wars: LCN - Armada and Syndicate Wars will be getting a shortened event next week (similar to what Viking Clan/Zombie Slayer has been running for the last month and a bit). The event will still start on Friday but end on Monday. We will be posting a specific thread around these changes next week.

Why fix something that, in my opinion, wasn't broken?

Monica Hlif likes this.
  3. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Most of my Viking Clan guild and Zomvie Slayer faction were fine with the three day war by the 2nd time through

4. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

because kano don't fix things that are broken.

This is one of those changes that will put players not using alts in a worse situation, but kano of course, chose to move on and smash the legit players even more, because fixing all the broken things aren't on kanos priority list.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Robert William Morin likes this.
  5. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Happy to hear that the syn wars will be shorter. Good news :) Works very well in VC :)

TomcaT, Steven Jordan and Kirsten like this.
  6. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

Can you please explain how shortening the war by one day aids alts and hurts legit players?????

7. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Yes, with a 400 token max, they can save up a lot of tokens on the alt accounts, that they then can use for either:
    dump the alt sync into red and "snipe"-kill it from the main account sync
    if the alt is in a strong sync they can use it to lower a 3rd sync into red, that then can be "sniped" from main account.

It is a big issue on kong, that kano do not acknowledge, so an easy way to give yourself a boost for sw scores.

TomcaT likes this.
  8. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Kano arent listening anymore - they wont address the problem with taking away the stacking of daily rewards - so they arent bothered about alt accounts either - i spotted yet another one today and they care less - they all seem to be away from their desks when an issue crops up that annoys 99% of their players

Robert William Morin likes this.
  9. Sandy Barrows

Dobby I gave you a sock - I expected more from you

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Take it back, LOL

Kirsten likes this.
  11. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

I find this particularly unfair for people who are in some time zones. SW always starts/finish in the middle of the night for some of us. By shortening the SW, it makes it worst cause the percentage of tokens wasted will increase :( 4 days of SW was a nice way to compensate this.

12. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@Dcasso : the maximum of tokens will be 400 now ?

13. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I have heard that,which should compensate for the timezone change. If it is capped at 300, I am gonna be more frustrated than I am now :)

14. Sandy Barrows

Yes both socks and his shift - removed - now behave Dobby

15. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

One of my officers posted a ticked on kano. Kano ignored it, did not answer it and marked it resolved. She feels that is really rude. Here is the ticket: Totally unacceptable that you will punish players for your own error. It was not stated we had to open the bank by a certain time. The only time mentioned was for when you could earn FPs. I can't believe how many players you are ripping off when you know damn well how many FPs I and all of them had in the bank. I was saving them on purpose for next morning when I knew I would need them. If you had made it clear that we also had to collect them by using a timer on the bank, I certainly would have collected them the night before when I was finished playing for the day. This month will be my last raid season. I refuse to spend anymore money with a company that can't admit to their own errors and is greedy instead of caring about long time players who have supported the company for years. You've doubled prices on us and taken away stacking rewards and won't own up to your mistakes. I've had enough and many other players have too. Kano's greed and allowing players to continue to use scripts for 2 years will be the demise of the game.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I do not know the details of this specific interaction however I will say that the Piggy Bank was part of our Black Friday - Cyber Monday promo and was scheduled to start and end along with the sale offers we had. It is pretty clear that we did not do an adequate job communicating the the start/end of both contributing to the bank as well as being able to open it and that is something we will do a much better job of in the future if we bring it back.

There is a good chance this feature will a return but it is too early to say anything right now but we are mindful of those who were stuck with coins in their bank and no ability to redeem it. That's about all I can say right now but we understand that there were more than a few people who thought the bank would remain available to open after Monday Nov 26th.

17. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

The answer to this issue sucks! You have the power to fix this and have a time for everyone to go back and get their gf out of their piggy banks.I did not get mine out but did not care that much about it. The officer in my syndicate, spends quite liberally during raids and has decided to stop. A lot or people including me have stopped. The not being able to save dailies for raids was the straw that broke the camels back, or broke my bank fom being used.
    I am one of the very early players, on the players council that you found no more need for, and Kano has changed. They use to care if people in the game were happy. Kano only cares about money and when it stops coming the game ends, just like Mafia Wars ended.

Brenda Starr and Sandy Barrows like this.