TGIF! Development News for August 17, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Aug 18, 2018.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Happy Friday, everyone!

Another short TGIF this week, but we are cooking up some stuff that will be dropping soon™. In the meantime, let’s go over what’s new in the games this past week.

Pirate Clan Raid Tier Update

Just like last week in Viking Clan, this week for PC we removed the three tiers and made each Raid Boss an open ground of 30 (including the Raid summoner).

Everything is looking good so far with this update! We do have a few ideas that we are thinking about for future events if we continue to leave the tiers open which so far seems like the case. Look for more news on that when it happens!

Zombie Slayer, your Raid is next week. To catch up on what we’re talking about, check this thread here.

Loot Case Bug Fix

This is a small bug, but still affects a decent number of our players so we’re mentioning it here. A couple weeks ago in LCN we sent out a link to redeem a Raid Key and a Loot Case. Unfortunately that Loot Case was bugged, leading to a constant notification on the alert bar.

However, this had been fixed, so the Phantom Loot Case has now disappeared! Thanks for your patience while we worked on this.

Frozen User Count

Lame Joke of the Week

What did the finger say to the thumb?

I’m in glove with you!

Angel withFangs likes this.
  2. William Barelegs

William Barelegs New Member

just like in all matters you cowtoh to the high levels and throw the low levels to the wolfs

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  3. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Do you think high levels went from being small levels to high levels by being spoon fed raids all these years? We lived through the droves of wolves we had to overcome to get where we are. Apparently tho, raids are here to stay and so it is good Kano is at least trying to work things out so that the majority are happy with the out come. I like not having the tiers. Not because I am a high level. I liked it because when I got sent raids after a long day at work, I actually could join them because my tier was not full already!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  4. well as a lower level I cant see me being able to jump into any raids as again the bigger levels will just kill them all. its getting to the point were its not worth playing the game. time to retire

5. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

and we eat them alive ooo wa ahhhh

Kirsten likes this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You do understand that raids use total group stats right? High level's actually don't do much more damage per hit than a lower level does. Lower level's actually have upper hand on raids, not sure how many realize this... :confused:

7. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Sure was way more easy to join raids for me. But as i have say before that did not solve the one that are on 24/7 for all the event and almost join 900 raids. Must have be close to all that was started. So i hope you use this and do some about it. Ya i can get be awake for 24-36 hr but not for over a week ;)

HJM and Kirsten like this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Low level new players have raids to level so much faster, what took us years to reach they can do in a matter of months now, so they need to stop complaining, each tier had 10 spots and that top spot filled in seconds, now we all have a chance to join public ones, as well as the droves of private ones networked , which we had to do to keep off the vampires and raid killers off our raids, we have had to make many adjustments to get on raids, now by sending the private ones to clan I don't have to worry about their tier being filled , so much easier to share back, for public raids, just keep the jobs tab open in the World chat and keep ya eye on it.

9. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

Not sure why some dont like open tiers for raids. low lvls cant get on them anymore? do you not understand the top tiers would fill in seconds if you want to talk about unfair that is quite unfair to all higher lvl players. As stated above we were all little guys at one point and it is already hard enough as is to lvl per refill. Everybody now finally has the same opportunity as the rest to join the raid.

Thats a plus that everybody gets the same opportunity to join now but the best part i find is everybody in your armada can finally get on a single raid and not be forced to compete internally with who can get on it first. In many peoples armadas they have more than 10 people that fit into a single tier and have had this problem for now years. Finally fixed now and highly grateful for that, good update.

One thing i brought up last week with no answer is last year there was talk about a new event coming soon... but as the months progressed i posted a couple times and did have a response saying more details soon. That soon has been months ago though, any update as of now about the even that was apparently planned or has it been scrapped for one reason or another?

If the event was delayed for more locations and fixing the items balances with the proceeding locations before releasing it then i find that alright but any word on this topic would be nice.

As for the other events, any changes potentially coming to armada war since it was in the talk of being shortened but came with a fair amount of disdain towards doing that. Battle arena is also in need of some sort of change, not necessarily a refresh but something to make it a bit more fun/entice more competition.

Adding mock armadas in the wars would be nice on kong would be great due to the low armada count and in battle arena, dead accounts or even mock accounts of various tiers added in would help greatly. Especially with the newest addition to the achievements a couple months back where we need to get 15k kills. Currently there is no way to get that on kong within a reasonable amount of time since we only got at most about 80 players that join per go around.

HJM and EJ Prowl like this.
  10. I don't care about reasons like we took years to reach to a a point and now small levels are getting there a lot faster, even though it is true. I'll just get more easy players to beat in a "fighting game". For me it's more about fairness... the tiers were removed therefore any tier can fill one raid, small, middle, big. And I support active players and players that actually put effort and pay attention to the game not crybabies that just wait to get fed by others and not even deserve it. Be there, keep an eye on the job chat, make friends to share with you, get yourself involved into the game and you'll get more raids than you'll need. My personal feeling about joining raids this event was same as the others. And i was there... I joined some, i missed other. I still join enough to use all my supplies and till the end of the event even if i'd have twice my supplies i will be able to join. it goes up to 200 raid bosses... I can join even a lot more if i actually pay attention from work or wherever i am doing, but I am talking about normal real life circumstances. Nothing hard... you just have to be here and play. The only thing that is concerning is that some special payers might be using scripts or bots to join all those... which i don't approve of. But even so i managed to join more than enough, and i don't see any impact on the level of difficulty of joining the bosses compared to before. I actually saw an improvement on the rates of dying bosses. A lot more die in the first days, which is also beneficial to gain proportional resources over the whole event period which makes it a lot easier to handle a big chunk of bosses ad organize your resources easier. I heard someone even mentioning advantages on being easy to share privately... I don't know about that much cause i don't put my base faith in receiving private bosses and private boss sharing. Yes I am there on the field, struggling to get in like you do. Stop being lazy! Stop trying to think that everything should be given to you! Go get there on the field and show us what you got! We are waiting to compete with you too! Get involved!

<< A campaign that promotes people that get rewarded based on their merits. >>

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  11. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

As with any game a generalized build will do better in the long-term than a specialized build. Slower to advance in the beginning, but able to roll with any changes the game makers may make in the future. I know this will be unpopular, but . . . it's not old players versus new players - it's specialized builds versus generalized builds. (experience from original WOW, Diablo II, ANY Elder Scrolls. Mafia Wars . . . )

12. Have you started your own raids? You can also join a Facebook group such as Raiders in Progress, Raid Busters, etc.

Angel withFangs and Kirsten like this.
  13. The bigger levels cannot kill raids without help from lower level players.

14. Kirsten

What they all said , ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, I am about to open my third and I am a little behind cause I worked thurs and friday and while I could open my raid, I could not send it till I got home, :( I cannot seem to master the copy paste thing :( to send it from my phone, ) but I still have joined prob close to 40 including my own two raids.

15. Bob Morin

Bob Morin Member

If they remove the tiers in MOB WARS LCN, it will be possible for higher level players to kill a raid before lower level players get a chance to participate.

16. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

same could be said for lower lvls as it is now, they are able to gain lvls way quicker then us meaning more fp. everybody with a decent build does between 70-95kish damage. We all have the same opportunity to get onto a raid, if they miss the chance for one there will always be another they can jump onto or just summon their own.

A person doesnt need to be on 100+ raids at any given moment for the raiding session to be considered worthwhile.

Angel withFangs likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Look if ya cannot get your min in ASAP on a public raid, don't join, that would be whether there are tiers or no tiers, just common sense, and if ya have not tried it yet with no tiers, ya haven't even experienced it , so ya wrong.

18. William Barelegs

William Barelegs New Member

no they do not there is no total stats in Raids I guaranty you that a level 10000 or higher does 4to5 more damage per hit as I can at level 5960

19. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

Easy to solve....open your own raid..share privately until you get the min...then share to public to kill it..sheesh it is not rocket science

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Kirsten

They may do more hits, , sure and in that way more damage, but all ya need is the min actions, since raids have been implemented close to 4 years ago, new players and low levels have an advantage to accumulate skill points much faster than before raids were part of the game, so decide how where ya want to put them, but I advise not building an account based on any one feature.