Suggestion for leaderboards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ahaygad Yaygahmaygahr, May 4, 2011.

1. While explaining Kano games in depth to my friend in that possibly fictional place called ahr ell i was asked a question which i was unable to answer.

During explanation of leaderboards, i was asked "out of how many".

I was only able to guesstimate, and i'm actually rather curious about this myself.

Would it be possible to have some sort of denominator somewhere on the leaderboard, to indicate just how many people are playing.
    It would be nice to have an idea of the 'bigger picture', an understanding of just how well we are doing against everybody else.

I know someone is bound to comment regarding some sort of kitty litter; or maybe even try saying something rather bitter but it's all fun and games(wii bowling down the lanes), i use my mouse to douse your flames and i'm no fitting quitter!

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There is a place somewhere that says how many "active players" there is...but i cant remember how to get there. Last time i saw it ....it was somewheres between 400-500k. I highly doubt that this is accurate nor even close. I dont think they ever subtract from that number, and im sure there still counting the thousands of extremely low level accounts that were abandoned but never deleted. It also would not account for all the alt accounts. My best guess would be that that number depicts how many accounts were ever created. I think it would behoove Kano to have that total as high as possible for advertising revenue.

3. I assume you mean 4-500k playing VC. I'm more interested in ZS for this matter, but an update for all 4 leaderboards would be welcome. If this should actually happen.

Well they could have a total amounts created for the denominator

And then use the same mechanic as the 'last played' filter in squad/clan/mob list

To find out how many accounts are in use (not that that bit actually matters, it looks better the more the ranking is 'out of' )

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is a good question and will hopefully be answered with a new revision of a leaderboard.

We have had a leaderboard update on our TODO list for quite a while now and are getting close to actually doing the update. Stay tuned...

5. That's awesome, thank you!

There are a few things that i would like to at least be considered.

• This quantity denominator
    • An asterisk or something as a badge of honour for our generous donators
    • Losses added to the leaderboard, maybe even deaths (I hear some people are competing for the most deaths, would be nice for them to compete for a rank with them)
    • Even counters and TITchy rigged traps should be shown and sortable, in my opinion

I have more ideas expanding the F/G/A/S leaderboards, but i'll edit with those or create a new thread as it's almost a different matter.

EDIT: There should be a record of the activity of each group (FGAS), not just GP earned.
    • How many zombies each faction killed or various jobs done.
    • How many times they all win
    • How many kills they can get in a week (seperate HL or free kill please)
    • Who can kill the most bosses
    • Which group splash the most cash throwing the most up on the list?

At the minute there isn't much to compare groups with, only how able they are to obtain 16k GP consistently.
    I think there should be some way to compare our performance in areas of the game that interest us individually. (I would love to see who can hunt more bounty than The Bounty Hunters, and would also love to see if my spacious faction can compete with full factions when it comes to kills.)

EDIT 2: There should actually be a record on our profiles, kind of like Earnings only 'Cash/Coinage spent on Hitlisting / Bountying.
    This could also be totalled up for FGAS, shown inside FGAS (next to trophies or GP earned or something) and this could also be published to a new leaderboard column.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Rhyming, lol. Took me awhile to realize that the last paragraph rhymes. What's with the "ahr ell", though?

And I have my own suggestion:
    When you go to the leaderboard, you should be told what rank you are. Sorry, Legendary Warriors, but those who don't make the first page shouldn't have to hunt for themselves.
    Yes, I see the top 20 or whatever, but what rank am I?

7. Well they can't just delete the low level inactive accounts in case those players come back or (like myself) only added the game because a friend wanted them to but never really played but a year or more later decided to tinker around with it. And of course the ad revenue, although advertisers are also able to measure traffic and clicks on the app/site I would think.

8. Didn't you try reading it out loud?
    R L

And i agree with a ranking for when you don't make the first page. That should actually be combined with the total denominator so you know you are x rank out of however many.

9. Ace

Ace Member

It'd be good to have the possibility of knowing your current rank on a specific criteria without needing to be on World's Top 30.

10. Seth Mad Dog

Seth Mad Dog Member

Appdata.com gives you figures and graphs of monthly active users, daily active users, and daily active users as a percentage of monthly active users. Shows you how many players added or subtracted today and for the week, as well as all time highs for each.Just type the name of the game in search bar.

zombie slayer-20915 daily active users,153042 monthly active users. All time high 35960
    daily, 169020 monthly all time high.;)

11. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

I agree and feel the same way about syndicate leaderboards as well