Suggestion for Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KuraiKiller, Nov 21, 2012.

1. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

It has probably been suggested already, because it makes sense to do.

Why aren't we splitting the Hit Point bonus received from a kill with the other players that are attacking, based on total damage done?

Snipers would no longer be an issue, and the frustration from having said snipers steal your hard work would disappear. It would also balance out the players a lot more. No more 1 billion players in the first hour of play.

Who will be in the top 50 is determined far too early.

Just add a few rules to it, for instance anyone who has done an attack within 5 seconds of the player dying gets a proportionate amount of the Hit Point bonus, similar to how the xp bonus from bosses is split up.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yeah,its been mentioned.

Don't count on it though.

Least by looks of what I seen it won't happen.

But never know.

I hope it doesn't though as its a risk you take just like when attacking someone on bounty.

Would you want the bounty split up by all those that were attacking it?

I'd think not.

3. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Well, no, but the Arena is a closed event, it really isn't up for comparison to a continuous event such as Hitlists.

I think Hit Point bonus distribution would make it far more fair and accurate as to who is doing the best. I could play like a sniper and just cycle the lists to steal all the bonuses, but I would feel like a douche, so I don't.

This suggestion would just eliminate much of the frustration associated with the Arena, and maybe make it a little funner, as you wouldn't be struggling like crazy the whole time and praying you get a few bonuses before someone notices you.

4. nah, lower level players with less stamina would be in a great disadvantage. If there is level 2500+ player with 2000 stamina and level 700 player with 300 stamina, that is a bit of a difference, doesnt it? With the arena being like it is, even lower levels have a chance (in theory) to get higher in the standings. If they play smart and are unbelievably lucky..

5. slave

slave Member

yes that would be me, as much as i would like for this to happen, i also think it is a bad idea, and i was one who suggested it months ago, but all it would do is make the high stam players more dominant than they already are.

i would be happy just to play unhindered

6. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

I wouldn't say a great disadvantage. Lower level players have a pretty good chance in the Arena still. Maybe not to win, but to go far just fine.

A level 2500+ player with 2k stamina probably isn't going to level with just their stamina so they will have to use refills (if they decide to), whereas that lower level player will level naturally with just fighting, continuously refilling their stamina.

As a comparison, my roommate and I both participated in the last Arena, and our stats were as such:

Before Arena:

Me - Level 1365 - 1025 Stamina
    Him - Level 820 - 800 Stamina

Battle Arena stats:

Me - Health Perk 10000
    Attack Perk 120
    Defense Perk 20
    Him - Health Perk 10500
    Attack Perk 90
    Defense Perk 25

Battle Arena final numbers:

Me - Rank 36
    Attacks 66,174
    Kills 55
    Wins 60,385
    Losses 7,668
    Biggest Attack 592,563 damage
    Him - Rank 74
    Attacks 70,853
    Kills 65
    Wins 62,298
    Losses 10,506
    Biggest Attack 316,507 damage

Levels from Arena:

Me - 65
    Him - 117

There was no extreme luck needed, or any great disadvantage for him. If it wasn't for the snipers, we both would have done better.

Typically he leveled up from Arena fights with half his Stamina unused. So he really only needed 400 Stamina to level up continuously (coupled with Energy usage each level).

So my point is, a lower level should still be able to get a lot of hit point bonuses if they are diligent and attacking other players. A distribution of the hit point bonus based on damage is no disadvantage for a lower level, as they are still doing plenty of damage with their constant attacking. He had close to 1 billion hp at one point, almost just from 40-70m hp bonus kills. The distribution based on damage will just help to keep it fair and accurate as to how much you are actually accomplishing.

If I was a lower level player and did half the damage to a 40m hp bonus kill and got a 20m bonus out of it, it's a hell of a lot better than getting 0 because a higher attack player swoops in and eats up the kill.

It should pretty much all balance itself out. A lower level player will be going for the 40m hp bonus kills, where as a high level will be going for the 80m+ hp bonus kills.

The perk system negates a lot of the disparity in attack/defense amongst the high/low level players. But the Arena rewards snipers far too much and takes away from the players who actually put in the work to try for a high rank.

Some of the higher ranks in the Arena barely have any attacks, such as Rank 6:

Attacks 3,740
    Kills 16
    Wins 4,990
    Losses 3,509

Seriously? Good job being a douchey player. Why is this type of playstyle rewarded? It certainly is not accurate as to who should be ranked what.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

KuraiKiller - why don't you snipe some? No one is stopping you from sniping as well. Sniping is part of the game. Some I snipe, and some I take down, and some of those are sniped by others and I miss the kill.

8. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

It is not in my nature to play that way. I find it to not be cheating, but weak. At least if hp reward was distributed, you wouldn't lose 5-10 minutes of your time because some random guy wants to steal a kill.

Once it gets down to top 100 or more, I understand that multiple people will naturally be attacking the same target, but during the feeding frenzy, it bothers me that I put in the work for something and don't get the intended reward.

9. alka

alka Banned

I can understand wanting it changed to your system if it started out that way, but it seems you want to change it from it's original state to one that suits you.
    We all get sniped and the more we play it the less we complain because we are doing it to others, or we go out in the 900's.

Your system would make attacking a target with less than 50% less attractive, thus playing into the hands of the high level guys with plenty of stam and a bag of UN's in reserve who can march on and kill whatever free targets there are..

10. Amen alka.
    I mean, its not a bad idea, but.. I wouldnt change this in arena. It makes it a bit more fun. Like alka said, we all get sniped and we are all doing it to others as well.
    If I have a time to play - like in the last one - I play and I am trying to put opponents down and I am using tons of stam. But sometimes I dont have that much of a time but I still wanna participate. So when I dont have a time, I just pop up from time to time, try to snipe some, then go defensive and log out. The way arena is now, it is possible for me to play both ways and have fun even if I dont have a lot of time for it.