Strange Happening

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Ace, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Member

Well, as usual I log back, expecting to be dead but I'm eager to understand what just happened this time. Observe the following two screenshots with detail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The strange happening's the following:

I get hitlisted, and die killed both on an attack and with a punch. Also, check on the second screen, even though im th[...] got the kill, he's below The di[...] on my rival squads, even though The di[...] was the guy who put the hit to begin with.

2. Jailbait

Jailbait Member

Only a misfit will find a way to hitlist attack somebody that is off the hitlist ;)

3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I've had this same kinda thing happen before. I think the game has trouble keeping up with attacks sometimes. There have been times when I've been hitlisted an there are people in my rivals that didn't show up in my feed.

4. Ace

Ace Member

Well, the game history doesn't show everything, reason Gus[...] only appeared on the rival squads. The attack order works quite weird too, as Jailbait stated but... I still find no explanation on why does im th[...] show below the lister on the rival squads.

5. my best guess is that he hitlisted you, continued to spam attack on your profile to monitor your health when your health was low enough, he punched you generating a kill, and since being on the hitlist requires somebody to claim the bounty, the next person to attack you got the kill.

Why this showed up as it did is likely the system categorizing the punch after the hitlist, when the kill was durring the hitlist.

Mind you this is all simple speculation on my part, but I have used a similar tactic to take even more xp from those who've annoyed me in the past. couple that with hitlist pingpong and somebody can lose a lot of extra xp.

6. Ace

Ace Member

Yeah I understand the "double death" since double bounties also happen. Still, reading the order of the names on the game history and the rival list have contradictions, not to mention the missing people. Funny thing is the PK came from someone who wasn't the lister lol