[ZS] Stop the handouts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Dec 18, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

We really don't need all this stuff for free. We don't need the 3 day calendars, we don't need the weekly loyalty rewards, we don't even need the monthly calendars.

Back when the game was still young the deaths given out held a bit more weight. With all these free handout the game has kind of gone to hell. Death used to stop your progress and now it saves you from wasting your excess stamina and energy. The whole reason I liked ZS better than the other games was that it's a bit more challenging. The leveling is harder, you're a bit more limited on what you can do to gain your xp, and if you get too far down you used to be screwed.

All I'm asking is to cut back on the free stuff a bit. I know you mean well, but come on... maybe only have 3 day calendars twice per year and normal calendars 4 times? If you took them away all together that would be perfect, but there's really no need to have it. Please put some challenge back into the game.

2. ben

ben Active Member

1 star to bad there is no 0 vote ...

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You like there being no challenge at all?

4. Ditto Mr. Ben. 1 star.

5. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

10 *'s
    with all the calendars and free stam/energy hand outs death is no longer a deterrent

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree, all the handouts have seemingly made the majority of players even lazier...many even think they should get rewarded for doing nothing in the arenas...lol Doubt it will ever happen for a multitude of reasons but i still give it 10 stars

7. ben

ben Active Member

Calendars and challenges and daily rewards were added to promote activity into the games. When the calendars are running there is more activity in the game. To get rid of these is just asking to kill off the games as less players will play. Kano is trying to promote activity and these are all vital.

8. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

10/10 I definitely agree. It's too much. Kano should think of adding new content to keep people active rather then just increasing the frequency of current challenges. They need to consider how these events negatively impact the game as well. Maybe they would realize this if they played their own games. And new faction flags are not new content.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Ben I understand they promote activity but there are many other things that could be added to that game that would make you work for the xp rather than tossing it to you for free. Handouts ruin games.

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

I voted an 8.

I think it needs to go back to 1 Weekend calander a month. Would be unfair to new players that they would be unable to build up the same kind of drops the players before them where able to.

but its not too late to scale it back to 1.

And yeah, daily rewards are the only time its useful to have added over 1000 stamina other than battle arena I suppose.

"Something" for my extra 1,000 skill points Ive added is nice.

11. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I didn't mean the daily rewards. You know those loyalty rewards they post about every week? I meant those.

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

"Ben" cough cough.....Im fully aware of what Kano said in a previous thread about the relationship between calendars and activity....but tyvm for the reminder. But I agree with GOB in that I think Kano could be a bit more creative in promoting activity where it might actually motivate players to be continually active rather then just the short lived temporary boost that calendars offer. Calendars are nice and all but Ide like to see Kano promote players engaging one another more often by offering up more incentive to do so. Players have become increasingly complacent to the point that its really starting to feel like its not as social media game. PVP seems to have taken a back seat to players just wanting to hide in a corner and do mundane things like calendars and sitting in defensive stance. Call me old fashion but I really enjoyed the way things were years ago when PVP was the focus. I cant help but wonder if its merely coincidental that Kano was growing by leaps and bounds back in those days. The arena and wars are a good start but they fall short in that the rewards are minimal at best, bragging rights only motivate certain players and even that gets old after awhile. Personally I think part of the equation is quite simple....increase the rewards a great deal across the board which will give players the incentive to participate regardless of rank. other things that could be done is additional achievements for PVP type actions and fixing the ridiculous skull heal tab to just name a couple.

13. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

10 stars agree w/ Gob,Blood and Polish ;)

14. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

In regards to the 3 day calendars promoting activity...I personally play less during them, I'm online but I’ve spent all my stamina on bosses 'cause I know a few keys are just going to level me anyway so I just stop by, open a door, then go back to playing something else lol.

15. Youre Damn right I think i should get rewarded for doing nothing in the arena. If through hours of dedicated hard work my viking is so vastly superior to all of yours that i can survive to the end with out using any stamina what so ever i should get a reward and i think its complete horse crap that i dont.

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

The only reason you last is because the other accounts overlook you being in defense. If not for the vastly superior accounts kill everything around you then you'd be out fast just like the rest of them. Also don't turn this into an arena thread. It's not the topic here.

17. unimpressed

unimpressed New Member

if you dont like free stuff ignore it
    what about the players who are new. they are at a disadvatage because you have had all the stuff. please speak for you when it comes to stoping people haveing what you already haveyourself

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

it's simple free xp, not at a disadvantage. When it started it wasn't there either so technically the LONG term players are at the disadvantage. Also with the rest of the game getting it one or two people ignoring won't fix it. When death has no consequence the whole game essentially is ruined.

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Gotta agree with alot of what Bacon , just said, We all got to where we are before alot of these features were implemented, They do favor players who don't like fighting, in a fighting game, They sometimes are the ones who say just ignore the free stuff: calendars twice monthly now for example. But I doubt Kano will stop any of it, it seems to make the games more active?? not sure for whom that might be, I play regardless of these things.

20. slave

slave Member

as usual bacon is spot on
    and im so sick of people whining about maybe someone got something that someone else didnt have a chance at....
    in games like this, it happens, they are event driven, if someone started late and missed an event item...oh well they got a shot at the next one, quit making this little league

everyone does not get the same fair chances, its the way it is
    the longer you play the more stuff you will have, if the new players dont have that, dont worry they have tons of other stuff we didnt have....