[VC] Stamina Refills

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Unstoppable Force, May 4, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sweeeeet! great idea...I give it 10 stars!

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the whole Idea of leveling fast with all this stamina is just gonna put players in a place where there is even less people to fight and then complaints will come from that , just like the ones who complain now after using leveling partners, they are left with either becoming bullies or making enemies of former friends just to have people to fight and or beat on.:(

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I fail to see how leveling fast past your rivals can be a bad idea. The whole point of the game is to excel and to beat every other person trying to one-up you. Most players want to reach #1, anyway and look down on the competition. I personally try to beat down anyone who annoys me.

And being a bully? I have no problem to let some small upstarts feel the wrath of my gold vaults. Especially when asked nicely by clan members, then I will haunt the person they asked for help with for days.

Also, battling, killing, listing people is not bullying, it's merely the game as it is. Bullying happens when a player wants to dictate to others how to play their game and threatening to enforce this kind of gameplay.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  4. polishpimp

Legitimate point Linda, but its not like were talking about full stamina refills upon leveling....just modest increases at levels that the increase wont make a huge impact. The ones that are streaking way out there in levels are paying for refills....thats a whole different ballgame.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no of course getting past a rival is a goal been there done that numerous times and left most behind. and I used the term ""bully "" since it is used way to often, but there are alot of times that people that did level real fast have no one but players way way below them, since there is no one to fight up there, in PC we see it happening all the time, and since the stamina boost and daily rewards, getting stamina has become easier , and maybe 50 is too low but I feel if it were raised it should be a small raise just my opinion :) I can hold my own in the game for the most part but I see alot of personal ugliness with some high level towards mid levels, because there is no on to fight when there are thousands ( yes thousands of levels difference) a level 12,000 making mince meat of a level 3,000 plus or maybe even a level 6,000 plus, just sayin, because there are only like 2 maybe 3 player who are that high cause they were in a rush to get to the top to find it empty lol

I guess my concern would be if there were retroactive stamina, even though it sounds real good, I just do not feel good about it :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  6. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

RE: Lord Breaakfields refund...No refund would be owed...

wanting a refund and getting one is 2 different things and a refund suggests that something was purchased and now you want the price that the last guy bough it for or you want to trade it back in, this isnt travelocity, i see pirates not gnomes :p so there would be no refunds owed. case in point when they threw in the stamina boosts they didnt go back to all the players that played b4 the boost and give them thousands of stamina credits, everyone just accepted the new item and rejoiced, i don't think anyone would complain if they didn't receive back charges on their stamina, do you? rhetorical...

7. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Polish Pimp.......

Thats just the point, at your level you would start to receive it to, so all players over 1850 would equally benefit, so upper levels would benefit the most because of the head start you have, noone gave you a refund for all the times you lost xp from bounties before your 1st 30 days was up or before you reached level 300. now we cant touch players in the 1st 30 (30 Day Protection)or b4 they hit lvl 300, did anyone ask for a refund on xp lost from those??? >_< :rolleyes:

8. polishpimp

I dont think "lord Breakfield" is actually looking for a refund, I believe he meant the stamina should be awarded retroactively , which indeed it should. Depending on what the actual increase of stamina per level was...we could be talking some huge numbers.

As far as the stamina boosts go and even the energy boosts for that matter....they should have been awarded retro actively as well. I cant believe I missed that one...lol Oh well, at least I now know what my next campaign will be about. Look for it in idea section near you. ;)

9. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Linda.......

this would happen Lin if they did a refund or retro, people would jump levels but an extra 50 will only get you 2 power hits on a sky boss LOL not an increase that can dramatically level anyone, it would be more psychological that anything, and in 3 months they will cry for more stam lol

10. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Polish Pimp.......Thumbs up for MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!! hey if you can make it happen, i wouldn't refuse it i can promise you that, you got my vote

11. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Linda.......

It may have the opposite affect Linda, it may bring more ppl up to their levels so they no longer have to pick on the lil guys, but if it back fired, all you would have, is the same players bullying the ppl under them anyway, thats whats happening now, so the only thing that wiould change is the level of the bully......;)

12. polishpimp

I respectfully disagree. If the diff in stamina was not awarded retroactively then someone at level 1850 would stand to gain far more than me at level 9k+ due to the amount of XP needed to level. I need nearly 300k XP to level, a level 1850 needs a mere fraction of that and will level at a much faster rate than me....especially with additional stamina awarded per level. If all things were equal the level 1850 would reach my current level faster and at less expense than I did.

Your 30 day protection example is "apples and oranges" as the number of times someone might have been attacked, slapped or listed would have been completely different so the amounts of XP would vary tremendously where as the number of times some one has leveled since level 1850 is just some simple math.

A couple of good examples where Kano has awarded players retro actively after game changes would be...

1. When they changed from 3 to 5 skill points per level

2. Whenever they add to the achievements rewards, in these cases they have retroactively awarded XP, SP, FP, $ and faster regeneration times

Stamina is right up there with skill points and FP in worth as its used to perform more gaming actions than any other attribute, Energy would be a close second, both cost real dollars to buy refills, How much less time and/or money will need to be spent by players at or below 1850 because of all the extra stamina received then those of us that are far beyond 1850? I guess someone could argue for lost health as well....but that would be getting a bit silly as its very cheap. Who on earth would by a health refill?

In the end.....stamina adds up to more leveling, faster leveling, real $, which all = skill points, achievements and favor points just to name a few

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not seeing how energy is a close second.You need that for advens and need it to set a bounty trap.That's the only 2 things you need energy for.I remember when these games came out,you needed energy to post feed messages and even to send private messages.Even then though,energy would come in second place,but it's by no means a "close" second.Just my 2 cents.

14. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Polish Pimp.......

Perfectly put, now i see what you mean and I agree, that if they do implement (which they should) it should have a staggered increase creatively planned out giving more to upper level and tier down to 50 for level 1850-xxx the increase should run concurrent with the increases proportionately equal to the % of XP needed to level, to making this relevant, incremental increases spanned across levels would make this a level (look i made a pun) playing field, b/c 50 stam may do a lil damage for a player at lvl 1850 but does very little at my level 2,500 and even less the higher you go. And based on that % spread so should the retro stamina be distributed. Do you agree??? that would be fair, in my opinion

15. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

Reply to Lord Breakfield...

I agree but think this was being used more as a filler than a point, this game is 2/3rds Stam, Battles n Bosses, 1/3rd Energy Mission, but the majority of the achievements require Stamina to complete and receive rewards as do most of the STATS, The energy spent in no way comes comes close to being equal to stamina. Heck it doesn't even correlate as a major factor for leveling.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'm sure it was,I'm just nitpicking.

17. polishpimp

TY. I'll tell ya what, you have a great way with words, wish I i could put that much into that few words.

My girl and I had discussed increasing stamina proportionately to the increase of XP needed to level and both agree that it would be the fair way to go. Having a bit of experience with this forum and its members ...coupled with my apparent inability to condense my thoughts in words I opted for the "baby steps" approach. Stamina refills should be proportionate with levels, anything else would just be more of what we have now ....which just doesnt make a whole lot of sense. It should get more difficult/challenging as one rises in levels...but that doesnt mean we should get less (proportionately) to do it.

18. polishpimp

LOL. The whole energy thing may have been a bit of a stretch but players do use energy for adventures which is a way to level. Players do buy energy refills in order to level so it could be argued to a lesser degree that it should be treated similar to stamina if it were to be awarded retroactively. Honestly...I think I m guilty of getting ahead of myself anticipating someone would argue that energy should be treated the same. No wonder I ramble on for so long..lol

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

just gotta say HUH ???? lol