Sniping in Arena needs to go away

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Blasphamy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Exploit fixed. Throttle feature still pissing some off.....but the major focus on all of this is the 'sniper' factor. Throttling something down does not defeat the one thing that 90% of people are upset about. Too many people spend a great deal of time playing this thing, waste countless amounts of stamina and spend copious amount of UN to do it.....and their reward??

SNIPED or in otherwords.....NOTHING.

Kano is a gaming franchise, and their main goal is to make $$$....but it seems to me that a GREAT deal of people pay hella $$ on Arena to refill stamina and so forth.....but that is also the one area that is making those same people not want to play anymore. Yes, more people join each day, but they aren't the ones dedicated to dropping dollars into this thing, it's the loyal players that do that. Ones who've deemed this game worthy of their hard earned cash. Why not listen to us?

Sniping is not a 'game strategy', it's a frustrating, completely unrewarding and garbage way to treat the players. Here are my stats from a mere 6 hours of Arena today:

Attacks 28,600
    Kills 13
    Wins 27,742
    Losses 2,107
    Biggest Attack 299,242 damage

I do not post these for any other purpose than to show my own frustration in how badly this needs to stop. 4,777 clicks per hour. 79 clicks per minute that i was attacking someone..... and i die because i cannot regenerate my own health spent on the full 28,600 attacks due to sniper kills. Then, when i've burnt all my own health down to a decently low amount due to my constant attacks, I become the target.

I only wish to be rewarded for my efforts on a fair basis. This 'all or nothing' effect is wearing on everyone. If it weren't solely for the levels gained in Arena, I wouldn't play it....and know many others of the same opinion.

If i'm doing 90% of the work, then give me 90% of the kill reward. Make people earn their keep. Force them to play the game. Force them to do something other than browse the list and wait for the kill.

Why is it so hard you ask?? Well, because i don't deal much damage per hit....and many lower level players don't. My 299k that you see above, sure as heck doesn't make up the majority of where i deal damage. On a typical player, i do roughly 160k damage per hit...... and the people who are doing the 'sniping' are dealing much more damage than me. How can i get the Death Blow when it takes me 2-3 hits to do what these snipers are doing in 1 hit?? It don't leave me much of a window to squeeze through......and upsets me completely when i don't.....especially after being the one who's dropping them down from 225mil health.

Yeah, I'm upset....but I also understand there's nothing I can do about it right now besides post my opinions in a forum. I'll play within the limits of the game, but if Kano would just listen to it's players, they'd get a whole lot happier customers who'll dump more of your beloved $$ into their game.

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I would like to see players move through the Arena in tiers. The first round of tires would be very easy, like 100/300/600 attacks to make it past them, then you need to have so many kills to keep progressing. Maybe have a second chance thrown in as drops so if you don't meet the requirements for a tier you could use one and you can continue. Arena really needs to be more of a challenge, it needs to be hard not just luck of who gets the last hit on a player the same as it is when bounty hunting.

I also think the reward system is a big part of the problem.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  3. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

It's not about the end rewards...it's about the kill rewards. It has nothing to do with the structure of the arena, it's about how it's played and how the efforts of those who actually play it are going unrewarded, but those who sit and do nothing til the end are getting all the benefits. I'm not talking about restructuring the entire set up...that won't happen. It is entirely too easy to give a reward based on damage.

Player has 200mil life with 100mil kill bonus (using round numbers here to make it easy)
    I deal 160mil damage

that's 80% of the damage
    80% of 100mil kill bonus = 80mil to me, 20mil to the other guy swooping in. That way he still gets his bit of the pie, but i get my due reward as well. I have potential to go further into the end rewards based on my overall participation and effort than what he does.

Reward the effort, not the ones who sit back and do nothing.

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Your way is the reason we have the throttle. Players wont even need to get the kill, they can just set their bot to do enough damage to keep boosting their health. It is not the way. Rewards should reflect how active someone is. The more work they put in the better the benefits should be, that means some people should get nothing.

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Sniping is a strategy. It's a lame one but it's an effective one. I just want the throttle to go. I too have been hitting my list and saw someone really low swooped in and took the kill, but I don't just health check 24/7 and take it with no effort. Attacks 35,860
    Kills 42. I should have many more kills and a lot more health, but no. The throttling feature, which apparently a human isn't supposed to trigger kept on being triggered for me. Taking down 2-300million health then getting it taken away last second because I "ran out of steam" is bullshit. I'm not going to get every single kill I do the work for, and I accept this. What I don't accept is when I do all the work and then kano takes any chance of getting it away.

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

the problem I see with sniping, is not on kanos end. Its our computers.

You click something 1000 times, and well... Your computer is tried...

nobody else noticed you're button is reacting a lot faster at the begining of the kill than the end?

I found if I took a kill down, most likley I would be sniped, but When i went to snipe kills, I was just as likley to steal the kill from the owner, as the folks that where sniping me.

You just got a lot better shot at it if you dont have the attacks in it.

Would be a lot better game if it didnt take a BARE minimum of 700 all the way up to like 2 and 3 thousand attacks for every kill.

7. slave

slave Member

relentless your so wrong in what you said, our way, mass attacks is the reason for the throttle?? no no no no

penalized for having the stamina is the reason for the throttle? no allegedly the throttle is there to stop people from using automation.
    you apparently have bought into this mythical arena bot. all i do is click the mouse and i trip the throttle whenever i like, but that is because i click the mouse a few more times on my targets than others, that should not be penalized!

i worked hard to build my stamina to 2000 specifically for arena, kano put very high character attribute achievments in place because they knew people would build stamina cuz it would be needed for arena, now we are being penalized because apparently steady clicking on the mouse on the same target trips the throttle meter. that is bs, raise the throttle so that the only way someone could hit it is if they were using the mythical arena bot that you seem to know so much about. but i know as a simple 52 year old man, there is no way in kansas, i should be able to trip it.....

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Slave, how about you read a post properly before you sprout off. I was replying to Blasphamy who was saying that players should be rewarded for how much damage they do, not just the person who gets the kill. If it was set up like this then players could just set their bots to attack everyone and not have to worry about getting the kill because they would be rewarded for how many attacks they did. The more attacks the more damage the better their reward would be.

You all seem to skip over what the throttle was put in for. It's not a matter of how fast a player can click, it's a matter of for how long a player can maintain a set speed. If you can do 10 clicks a second then good for you, if you can do 10 clicks a second for a full half hour, it is going to look suspicious to pretty much everyone.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I think I was averaging around 6-8 clicks steady. The muscles where my shoulders conjoin are actually still feeling it lol. Yes I did something that was considered to be highly unlikely or impossible, but only because I let my actions take their toll on my body. I was feeling it during the arena, and still feeling it long after I went to bed, woke up, went to class, was killed out, and came home. What's better is that human ability alone tripped the "impossible" throttle. I have asked around to known bot users(no names will be given even if pmed.) I have googled. I have searched everywhere and cannot find this arena bot. I have found one source for a zombie slayer hitlist/healing bot, but no arena bot. So unless these mass amounts of people (including me) that are tripping the throttle are designing their own bots, I don't think this is true. Also think of how unlikely it is that all those people have the knowledge to make a program specifically for arena. I for one can say I don't know how to.

10. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Oh how about also the fact that we aren't clicking the entire time? Doing your outbreaks when you level, blowing excess stam onto bosses so you can use the bonus later, finding a good target that has a decent health reward with low enough health for you to take on by yourself and doesn't do too much damage in return? It's not a constant clickfest. There are so many factors people either don't think about, or "forget" to include while trying to make a point...

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Sniping is a legit strategy.

It should stay.

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LMAO! Sniping is absolutely 100% a legit strategy and to say differently is bordering on insanity. Every player and account is diff for a multitude of reasons thus they must be played differently. By eliminating sniping you would basically be insuring that whoever started in on a target would get the kill on that target......wheres the challenge or strategy in that? I hate losing a kill as much as the next guy and I agree with a mininimum number of hits to be eligible for a kill, but sniping levels the playing field by allowing for those who cant to do otherwise. The uncertainty is one of the few things that make the arena challenging and exciting, to eliminate it would turn it in to nothing more than a foot race for the fastest clickers who were lucky enough to find a target with a good kill reward first. Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  13. alka

alka Banned

12 left in Arena. All in D waiting for someone to attack someone else then snipe it at the end.
    The Sniping is fine but the D needs to go when down to the last 100

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

No D stance needs ta stay for all points of arena.

Getting rid of it is 100% insanity.

So what if it takes alot longer.

Past few myspace arenas the final 6 players went in D stance to ride it out long as possible.

Wasn't counting on one member attacking despite the D stance :)

It's not like D stance last forever though.

15. ZombieDeathSquad

ZombieDeathSquad New Member

i have had a whole year of hunting and healing on the hitlist to practice clicking fast. i click so fast and for so long my arm and hand goes numb. 5k+ kills on the hitlist inless than a year wasnt easy to accomplish. your throttle was put in place to promote parity and sniping. just admit it.
    i use no bot.
    no one should be rewarded for attacking in arena. you should be rewarded for getting the kill.
    but your throttle doesnt allow that.

my arena stats:
    Attacks 12,692
    Kills 14
    Wins 10,587
    Losses 4,986
    Biggest Attack 185,944 damage

time arena began: 800pm[central]
    i was dead by 1030pm[central]
    12k attacks in 2.5 hours
    100% bot free
    thats what your hitlist trained me to do manually

suspicious?
    i dont know
    but
    its the truth

16. Michael Massey

Michael Massey New Member

Sniping helps me in the arena. My stamina/hitpoints do better if I can find a few snipers. I try & take a target down to below 100m to attract some help. I click slowly & see if anyone else is hitting. If not I bring it down to 89m..& so on. I click at a measured pace then click like crazy at the end. I lose some, but a win where I do all the damage would damage ME and my stamina too much. I die if I keep doing it. I'm on myspace..I haven't seen any throttle? Is it there & I'm just too old & slow to notice?

17. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I'll tell you when i hit 660 over there

18. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones New Member

Hey Blashfamy
    Completely agree with you, these services are made solely to earn bucks by providing addicting gameplay, same strategy is implemented in most of the mobile gaming apps from Gameloft and other developers. Yes, the firms will earn from you as they have made the investment in development but they must keep you rewarded at various landmarks, this will indulge players.

19. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

wow, completely missing the point here.

The idea is not to criticize a company for making their money, it's to offer feedback to have it discussed. I forget who had mentioned earlier in the feed about the idea of a certain number of attacks to be eligible for a kill, and I could agree on that. It would serve both purposes without limiting anyones personal potential.

My debate is simply to limit the sniping potential, as there are many more complaints against it than there are voices to keep it. Eliminating the strategy (as flipping miserable as I think it is) I would also say was debated very well earlier with the argument that some just don't have the stamina to wax an opponent the couple hundred times it takes to kill them, based on exp payout being so small. I can understand the need for that.

But something like a minimum attack requirement to be eligable for a kill would make sense.

At the end of the day, there is going to be no victory with this. For every argument, there is a counter argument that is just as legit as the opening argument. I often imagine the moderators and KANO sitting back laughing in their chairs with cheese puffs and soda watching these forums explode into a back and forth debate on who's version is more applicable to their own gaming style. The fact that the game is so diverse and the options available to play it are endless, is enough reason to not make any changes to the existing system at all. The ones who will benefit from it will be those whos accounts are set up specifically for arena with tons of stamina or strong enough to deal the most damage in the shortest amount of time. I don't see an 'average' player ability to go deep into the rankings as a plausible option. When was the last time you seen a level 900 in the top 10? Just food for thought.

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Something to consider is that sniping is inherently risky. Most players that employ this strategy have to, either they have the wrong type of build for the arena or their level simply restricts what they are capable of in comparison to others. I think that most snipers end up dead fairly quickly because they do snipe, its basically a risk they have to take if they actually want to be an active participant in the arena and at least have a shot at ranking. Personally.....If a player snipes my kill I check to see how active they have been, If they have a high attack to kill ratio I will let them live for awhile because they are helping me eliminate the dead weight (inactives). If they have a high kill to attack ratio.....they are the next to die. Ive even let In game rivals slide for consideral amounts of time because they are just making it cheaper for me to do well.

Like I stated previously, it just wouldnt be cool to eliminate sniping as it is a legitimate strategy for those that need it and are willing to except the risks that come with it. Its not as if the player who invested stamina into bringing someone down only to have it stolen has no recourse.