[Other] Search feature in arenas.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Aug 7, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

any number or combination can team up and knock someone out not just the higher levels so your point is pointless. eliminating the search option for the higher levels helps the highest of levels actually hide from those that have a decent shot at taking them down.

Low levels are the majority in the arena....there is really no need for high levels to search out low levels. Im sure some people do it.....but my guess would be they are the exception to the rule

If u cut out the ability to use the search option at level 2450... how is that fair to all those just past that level? Your concern is that 2level 5K players can team up on a level 10k but your ok with 2 level 2450 players tag teaming a level 2500?

2. polishpimp

Of course high levels will kill off the low levels, If they are at the highest of levels who else do they have to fight? Everyone but 1 is supposed to die right? Are we not encouraged to kill all despite their level? Is that not the WHOLE IDEA of the arena?

Well the results would show that your simply wrong ...there has been a wide array of players and levels that have done great in the arenas. There are some players that seem to do well most of the time which should come as no surprise....they are probably a decent level and know how to play the games better than most.

Low levels for the most part are "screwed" from the onset and it has nothing to do with high levels. Low levels need to rely on sniping because they cant kill anyone without spending more health than they can get back via the kill reward. Sniping is not the issue either....its displaying the name of the player who got the kill that dooms the lower players.

Its not as simple as just classifying someone as a low, mid or high level. For starters what is considered to be a "low level" in the game is not even allowed to play in the arenas. What it really comes down to is the disparity between ones levels. A level 750 is going to be a "low level" and at a distinct disadvantage whether they are up against a level 2450 or a level 5 k. Just like a level 5k would be at a distinct disadvantage vs a level 10k, in that situation their is 5k diff in levels which is much greater than the diff between a level 750 and a level 5k.....so in that matchup even a level 5k would be a low level.

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I have to agree with someone who posted its nothing or all. If one person is allowed to use the search all should be able to use it. However the only thing i can see that would make it fair still is if your attacked by that player only you can search them out if they get buried in your feed and you cannot find them. If you have not attacked a person they should not be able to find you because someone gave them a name that would solve the solution of gang up tactics and bullies. You will just have to wait and see if that person comes on your battle list to help your friends out if they are still alive.

4. polishpimp

I agree that it would have to be all or nothing....any type of exclusion for any particular level range is simply unfair.

The problem I have with eliminating it all together is that there countless situations where the disparity in levels is just way to much to possibly overcome, if players are not allowed to use teamwork then we would be at the mercy of depending on the highest of levels to screw up in order for anyone else to have a chance. This may not be as big an issue in many of the arenas but in MSPC there is one player at approx 10k which pretty much doubles the next 2 highest ranked players. Obviously no one stands a chance vs the level 10k by themselves.

I definitely dont get the use of of the term bully or gangs, are players supposed to just lay down and die for the highest of levels? In a game like the arena if a level 10 k goes after a level 750 even they are not considered to be a bully because everyone is supposed to die but 1, so how can a couple/few players who go after someone double or even triple their level be a bullies? Its not as if teamwork doesnt also have its disadvantages....when taking down someone twice or even more your level everyone is taking 90% or more losses and losing huge amounts of health.....but only one player can receive the kill reward.

Another thing to consider is that the player or players that r being teamed up on have the same option at their disposal, they can just as easily have their friends retaliate and still have the advantage of being the much higher level player. Even if the search feature was eliminated all together remember there is always communication, when a player finds someone they can still tell any number of friends who is who and those players can refresh until they find them....once enough do find their target they can then team up and attack......but now because their is no search option....the target now has much less chance of surviving or mounting a counter offensive. So basically eliminating the search feature can slow down teamwork but it wont stop it.....but eliminating it will make it next to impossible to defend yourself against players working together

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well Pimp yes a high level gang WILL overrun the arena.
    How can anyone stop a high level gang?
    By having another high level gang against that high level gang?
    Whichever gang wins out is going to overrun the arena.
    Allowing high levels to search out targets only allows high level gangs to completely overrun it.
    Thought search was suppose to help the lowers not doom them.

6. polishpimp

The lowest of levels are already doomed and it has nothing to do with teamwork by players regardless of their levels.

So if a level 10k starts to attack me or anyone else how r we supposed to defend themselves? Dont bother with saying going into D-stance because thats simply a joke.....not only can that level 10K blast right through any other players D-stance in MSPC, if they dont want to do that all they have to do is save their target and wait them out.

The search option might allow for some players to band together to take down a target that no single player can take down on their own...but it also allows players of all levels an opportunity to defend themselves against ultra high leveled players in which there is no other defense against. To remove or even limit the search feature is to allow the highest of levels to go unchecked the entire arena.

As has been discussed before....there is much more that goes into taking down a mega high leveled opponent than just teaming up on them because the next tier of high levels are so far behind in levels they have half the health or less to begin with and will lose nearly every attack, there is planning and coordination involved and even then there is a certain amount of reliance on the mega level player making some wrong choices. Where on the other hand the Mega level player has to think about nothing as they absolutely destroy everything in their path whether in D-stance or not and because of their huge advantage in numbers they take very little damage themselves while doing so. The search option is the one and only thing besides luck that can stop a mega level player......I like at least having an option other than luck. Im sure the mega level player feels differently....lol

I would add that the search feature has been available from the beginning or at least for the most part and in MSPC the Mega leveled player has one more times than not.....so your theory of the search feature allowing teams to win every week is obviously wrong......unless of course he is part of a team himself which he says hes not....yet most others have been on the receiving end of coordinated attacks by him and his armada members. So once again......teamwork is the only line of defense against another team or a mega level player, so just another reason to keep the search feature for all.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Do what i do when i know i am going to get ganged up on about 8 players just blasting me. I will wait till i get near death have a person lined up in the battle list and hit them so they get the kill robbing the gang of there kill and health reward. Have done it in 3 arenas now.

8. polishpimp

Definitely an option and have seen it done many times, . But when a player 2.5 times my level is going to blast right through me even though I have well over a billion health and Im in Defensive stance....I think the option of working together is the option Im going to explore because its the only way to stop them and to return the favor. I certainly wouldnt say its an abused or even a guaranteed strategy as some might have you believe....The guy has still won more times than not

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

thats the best solution ive heard YET, you should copy and paste that post in an idea thread...100 stars for that one :p