[Other] Search feature in arenas.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Aug 7, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Posted in "Other"since its for all 4 games.

There will be controversy on this one but here it is.

The search feature should be restricted for the lowest of levels to the mid range levels in the arena.
    The higher levels have 0 reason to use the search.
    The only thing that'll happen with a gang of high levels using search is a repeat of the top ranks over and over again.
    Kano says the search is a MUST HAVE for LOWER levels to compete.
    No where did they say its a must have for the higher levels to compete.
    I mean really,think about it logically.A high level gang?More than 1 high level gang?
    That screws the lower levels and the search was suppose to help the lowers not hurt them.
    Leaving it available to the high levels will only hurt the lower levels not help.
    Restricting it to lower and mid levels in the arena gives them a much better shot.
    A gang of lower and mid levels may or may not fare well.50/50 shot at that.
    A gang of higher levels will ALWAYS fare well no matter what.
    So by allowing search to stay for all level ranges you've successfully allowed high level gangs to run the arena.
    I thought that was something Kano was trying to avoid.

Lower levels and mid levels per network is who the search should be for.
    Not the upper levels that can overrun the arena with it.
    Low levels as it is right now might as well not join as they'll just keep getting overrun by high level gangs.

Not saying all high levels use it this way,but I know some are.

Here's a quote from Eric(I've bolded and enlarged what I'm getting at)

By allowing high levels to use the search you're allowing what you don't want to happen to in fact happen and thats the high levels dominating.
    A high level gang can really only be stopped by another high level gang.
    And that right there is still allowing the high levels to overrun the lowers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. ben

ben Active Member

i agree the search should be for only the low and mid levelers ...for i have seen it miss used by the high levelers...

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

Go figure, a higher level is stronger. Boo-hoo. It would be totally unfair for higher levels to have to play barefoot.

There are tons of reasons to play in arena other than just trying to get the number 1 spot. Its a battle to the last man standing, a stronger player has an advantage... go figure.

ps. Thats what you are refering to. Strong players. Your level does NOT mean you are strong. Sometimes it means you are weak, many are strong on one side and weak on another.

This is a 1.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Curious on what Kano's stance on this is.
    Said search is a must have for the lower levels to compete.
    Not a must have for the higher levels to compete.

5. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

There are tons of reasons to play in arena other than just trying to get the number 1 spot. Its a battle to the last man standing, a stronger player has an advantage... go figure.

OK Did u think about what u wrote, tons of reasons other then #1, battle to last man standing

The Protector likes this.
  6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

horrible idea for all the same reasons that are in all the other posts throughout the forums. Kano has said there piece and your hand picking one lil nugget. Everyone deserves the same opportunities regardless of level....anything else would be biased. there is also the problem in determining who a low level is....a level 5 k is much closer to a level 750 than they are to a level 10k...so cutting the search option off at a particular level would just be unfair period.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not really.
    1 level 10k can be brought down.
    Not that hard even without search.
    A high level gang is unbeatable.
    That right there is the problem.

Just hope I don't become a "Ben" far as level gap is concerned.

8. Same crap, different venue. I still disagree, still think you are self-serving, still think the arena should stay as it is so far as tools to plan strategy.

If Kano is in the mood to make changes to the arena, then cut the inactive players out much sooner and much deeper cuts. It is burdensome at best to have to wade through all the inactives and take them out to reach a conclusion.

One more thing, if you don't cut the inactives sooner, then at least make the rewards worthwhile.

9. polishpimp

sure they can....with teamwork not by themselves (not anyone currently in MSPC that is).

a level 2450 is what....somewhere between 1-1.5 k behind me? Im what....somewhere 6k+ behind ben? How is it fair that a team of players much closer in levels could search me out and tag team me....yet i and others wouldnt have the same opportunity on ben when the level disparity is 4-6Xs ? Slice it and dice it anyway u want.....if we all dont get the option it simply isnt fair. If u eliminate it all together the lower levels shot at winning is non existent. The search option is not a guarantee....but still offfers the best chance at eliminating the most higher levels. The higher levels are the one getting most the kills and health....the more u eliminate...the more the lowers move up the ranks. Not only is this a very bad idea for the lesser levels....it affords the highest of levels more in the way of protection. Sorry....but the rating is still a 1

A good example of would be MSVC where the #1 player is yet to win and many low rated active players in the range u quoted have fared very well....all while the search option was available

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. polishpimp

I wonder why Kano doesnt allow all levels to enter the arena, sure...in large part its got to do with experience....but imagine if im at my current level and you (you being mr. strategy and experience) are the same number of levels behind me that i am behind ben....what level does that put u at? Considering im 6217 levels behind ben....that would put u some where in the area of negative level 2200.....still think u got a legitimate shot at beating me? ok.....let me help u out....i'll spot u 2500 levels...now your a level 300 something....like your chances vs my level 3971 yet? No? How about i spot u another 1 k for a total 3500 free levels that will put u at a level 1300 ....right in the middle of your proposed range for the search option eligible players, how does Mr.experience/strategy like his chances now with the search option and a few gung ho friends? Knowing you ...im thinking your liking your odds at this point. Any chance you can talk ben into spotting me the same 3500 level handicap and the search option? No? hmmmm...thats kinda messsed up bro.....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Sorry to say but I'm not being self-serving with this suggestion.
    I'm just trying to give the lower and mid levels a better shot.
    What good is it when the highest of levels can gang up knocking everyone out?

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yes, I didnt include the other reasons in my post... Here ill give you some.

1. Its loads of good xp, you can gain a multitude of levels just for participating, esp if you are in the lower levels.

2. You dont have to be number one to be proud of your rank. I am proud as hell being number 41 out of 1500+ participants, Esp considering that IM NOT one of the high level beast of the game.

3. Its something new to do, Do you have to WIN to enjoy the new content in the game? I would hope not.

The Protector likes this.
  13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lol theres no need for higher levels to gang up on lower levels to take them out haha i take people out that are my own level and higher without help from anyone, why on earth would we need to gang up on lowers??? idc if a lower level gets 100 kills and has 8 bill health compared to my 500 mill, ill take em out without losing more then 50-75 mill no problem. you really have no valid point here and your reasons are pathetic at best but you keep trying. what was once annoying has become quite ammusing, youre like the little engine that could but never will lol good luck

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

High level gangs will only kill off the low levels.

High level gangs will dominate the arena every time.

Low levels(even in gangs)would be screwed once a high level gang came after them.

I thought search was to benefit the lowers not get them killed off by a high level gang.

By allowing anyone past the MID levels per network to use the search,you've allowed a unstoppable unbeatable gang.

Search should be restricted for levels 750 up to the mid levels per network.

Anything past the mid levels per network you've allowed a high level gang to overrun the arena everytime.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Here's a quote from Eric(I've bolded and enlarged what I'm getting at)

The other negative side is allowing high levels to use the search.
    By allowing that you've allowed the high levels to still overrun the arena ranks.
    Search should be restricted to level 750 up to the mid levels per network per game.
    Low and mid levels would still have access to it without the fear of high level gangs overruning them.
    By allowing the high levels to use search you've allowed what you don't want to happen to in fact happen.

PS:Want the quote?
    Hit the arrows in the quotebox and you'll get directed right to it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Anymore views on this?

17. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

the search is fair for everyone, in fact you do NOT need the search to find lower level players as they are always on your fight page. so yes it is needed to find some higher level players. so to be fair to all participating in the arena it should remain open to all.ill give this idea a 1

18. alka

alka Banned

Another idea approached from a bad angle.
    No way can you have "SEARCH" for low levels and not for high levels regardless of what you determine as low level.
    Also, what's to stop a high level finding a meaty target and getting the low level guys to SEARCH and weaken it before going for the kill themselves?
    It has to be an all or nobody function.

BTW, how would you feel if low level killers didn't get posted when they sniped you? I guess you wouldn't want that feature..lol

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

please lord, elaborate on exactly how you would like higher levels to play? do you just want us to attack each other and leave everyone else alone then wait 2 days and then go after everyone else? would that be ok with you? how about you make a set of arena guidelines for higher level players so that we dont upset you? i know this looks and sounds like sarcasm but im dead serious

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am not in a gang, I do not use the search bar, and have not seen or noticed this kind of behavior so carry on . just sayin