[LCN] Rivals changes and fixes!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Rivals Updates have arrived folks, here are some of the highlights of changes that are going out today.
    • All rival data now uses persistent DB storage, in the future, any caching service maintenance will not result in loss of rivals data. When games resume they will be kept.
    • All rivals are accessible through a paginated interface. Click through to see the full list.
    • Hide/Show ability for rivals, allows you to clean up your list to focus on specific people if you desire.
    • Alerts (skull icon) now shows count of recent rivals.

If you have an Idea on how to improve rivals, or any other aspect of the game, get involved! Please submit all ideas here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/forumdisplay.php?101 Also, please check out the Ideas posting guidelines first: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6044

If you find any problems or have issues with Rivals, please feel free to respond here. We're listening! :)

UPDATES 8:50pm PT
    Updates that are going live in minutes:

• responses now appear as they did before on the rivals page
    • skull icon alert cleared when visiting rivals page
    • last attacked time has been added
    • fixed sorting to order by last attacked

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  2. This sounds great Mark :)
    What would be even better was if rivals actually stayed on your rivals-list for the 24 hours as stated in one of the in-game messages...
    Most of the time my rivals only stay for a few minutes, coz people who can't beat me in fair fight keeps hitlisting me, and simply just luv it :)
    It gives me so many new "toys"/rivals to play with, that is of course if you could get 'em to stay for 24 hours hours instead of minutes, please and thanks ;)

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have a couple of quick fixes/changes coming out:

• list will be ordered by most recent attacks like it was and should have been, looks like there is an issue with the sort function and we will get that sorted momentarily
    • we will add the response as it was previously for that page
    • we will add back the time since last attack

This was a fairly major back-end change so that if we do get cache server failures in the future rivals will not be reset. We also updated the 2 rival lists to bring in line with each other, we will add back all data that was available in the previous view.

Please keep the ideas / suggestions coming and we will do our best to get improvements / fixes out as fast as possible.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

UPDATES 8:50pm PT
    Updates that are going live in minutes:

• responses now appear as they did before on the rivals page
    • skull icon alert cleared when visiting rivals page
    • last attacked time has been added
    • fixed sorting to order by last attacked

5. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

It's not actually working...I have new rivals half way down my rivals and some even at the bottom. I don't like the setup of the rival list now, I have never used the skull section for rivals, I liked the old style I use that to fight my rivals from and with the new list the tabs for certain features i.e ambush or hitlist are in different postions. PLEASE change the rivals back to the old style but keep the nice long list of rivals :)

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will be pushing out a fix for the rivals ordering this morning that bug has just been confirmed. I will ask the dev about the ordering of the links.

7. foxysiren

If we can have the ambush and punch links swapped over that would be perfect :)

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I talked with the dev, is this just an annoyance because you were used to it the old way? Is this something you can re-adjust to?

We wanted to group the Attack links (attack punch hitlist) separated from defense (ambush rigged ignition), just as we do on the profile.

9. RAGM

RAGM Member

nice guys like it

10. foxysiren

Something i'm used to I've been playing along time...I'm trying to punch people instead of ambushing them, also its further away from the confirm ambush so you can't ambush as quick. It was good how it was before lol.

11. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

yes we must be able to ambush quick so this would be a issue as some can attack pretty quick

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I see what you are saying, how about we move it to the right? Would that work, then there is no mouse movements required!

13. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

that be much better Eric

14. foxysiren

Lol, just switch them back to how they were on the rivals that'll do

15. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Eric is it possible to put the confirm cost of ambush button above the ambush button or back where it was
    I've tried it out and although the mouse movement is small if you are going to do multiple ambushes the mouse movement back and forth is greater than before
    If you can put it directly above the ambush tab so less distance to move when multiple ambushes
    You could reverse the stats info so it's on top then the confirm ambush button could go directly above the ambush button
    Or if you can't do that may e put it back where it was before
    But people need to ambush quickly so the nearer the confirm the better

16. foxysiren

Don't like where you've put the confirm cost tab page jumps up and down like a yo yo, can't you just put it back to how it was please...Swap the ambush and punch tabs over

17. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i agree with Foxy Eric
    the confirm ambush button needs to either go back as before
    or yes swap the punch and ambush over and put confirm back as before
    of if you want a new layout put it above the ambush tab
    if you are laying multiple ambushes the distance between the ambush tab and confirm cost tab must be closer
    or the page jumps about etc

18. Jayme

Jayme Member

c'mon guys put the ambush button where it belongs thats just stupid

19. Vinny JTTM Capone

Vinny JTTM Capone New Member

+1 - yes please put it back to where it was!

20. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Bumperty bump