[All] Reward collection process

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Jared, Jun 5, 2015.

1. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i believe that the OP was talking about the forum posting reward where you have to provide a link to get the stuff. not the free item that was made available yesterday. it seems that this thread has been hijacked. :(

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Most of the free things do have a time limit, though.

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i don't think this idea has to do with a time limit. it sounds as if the idea is to allow us to collect the rewards when we are ready for them, rather than having them given to us when we may not even be online to use them at the time? does that make sense?

4. Kirsten

I thought it had to do with the forum reward,( as well as other freebees), which do have a time limit, of the month that it is rewarded for and you cannot collect it at this time, when ever you want, You have to let Mitch know ,and when I am ready I write to him and ask him to reward me :p if I am wrong about the idea here, but there are time limits on the weekly free stuff Mitch gives us, for example, usually 4 days to collect , this week it is energy, so my point was most things have a time limit as to how long they are viable. :) But refresh my memory what reward do we get that we can receive when not online, I am at a loss about that one ??

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  5. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

the forum posting reward. you need to pm your link, and sometimes the reward isn't given when you're online. maybe some of us get them right away, but all of us don't.

6. Kirsten

Ahh ok well I ask for it when Mitch is at work and online at the time so it is maybe at the most a ten min wait , if that.

LaScepter likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Currently redemption links can't be made as a "one-off" or only for one person so they could be shared around which is why I don't use them for that.

I'm thinking of changing things up for the next season anyways so maybe this won't be an issue anymore.

JADES, Kirsten and LaScepter like this.
  8. Kirsten

Was never an issue for me the way it is now, but Okay :)

LaScepter likes this.
  9. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

10. Time2Warp

Time2Warp New Member

lol. This reward system is biased against lurkers like me who read a lot but hardly ever (or never) post. Although, I'm all for rewarding community activity.

If instead of rewards being manually added to accounts, the ability to receive the reward was turned on, a link could be provided and one could accept it (within a time frame) whenever they please. That way, a public link could be posted and only those qualified would be able to receive it. It still involves a bit of work on Mi7ch's part, but it's more convenient for the player-base.

11. Kirsten

It works fine the way it is, I don't know why this is even an issue for some ??????????,oh well

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I could see how this would be useful, I personally heal up ~3 PM PDT giving me 2 hours to burn through saved up stamina, use the daily boost of 75% (so it keep's boost on normal schedule) and find it hard some times to get that task done in 2 hours before Mitch clocks out from work for this incentive. I work around it, but it would be nice IMO if the program continues :)

Oop's just saw this.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Oh no, I'm sorry I asked. Should I just delete this thread so things will stay the way they are? This sounds a little ominous to me.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i sent a message on friday, but i guess mi7ch didn't see it. i didn't get anything on friday. i checked on saturday... nothing. i checked on sunday... nothing. when i logged in monday afternoon, i was boosted past my max. it sounds like this won't be happening again in the near future, so i guess it doesn't matter now. ho hum.

15. Kirsten

Not sure what your time zone is, but if ya asked on Friday (pacific timezone for Kano) too late in Kano's work day , Mitch may have not seen it till Monday, Sat and Sun , it is not gonna happen as they are off .

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

you're right. i could have waited until monday to send the request to (hopefully) get it when i was online on that day. or maybe the process can be changed so that you can collect them when you are actually online to use them? that's the point. i guess i'll have to remember not to do this on a friday evening, saturday, sunday, or a canadian holiday next time.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

why do we have to worry about waiting for a time when we think kano is going to provide these to us? why can't we just collect them when we are ready to use them, like everything else (forum energy/gold/stamina boosts, etc.)? there has to be a better way to do this, which would probably be easier for kano (particularly mi7ch) too.

18. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't think this matters anymore.