[VC] Reviving a dead idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Akkhunter1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. kayjay

kayjay Guest

1 star from me too bad idea all the boss cheating will start all over again its always the cheats that cause changes to be made that the good honest players have to suffer but this one needs to stay

2. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As Kendall mentioned in the original thread this change was put into place to prevent players from getting rewards from bosses (achievements, leaderboard, etc.) without actually building their character to be effective against bosses. This change ended a lot of the abuse of the feature that we were seeing, and also made the achievements/leaderboard better reflect actual boss kills.
    While I can appreciate that some players preferred it the way it was before, the change allows for more fair and balanced use of bosses, which is ultimately what we aim for with our features.
    There was also some discussion about what warrants a sufficient # of votes/comments on a proposed idea before it becomes accepted. While we don't have a specific number that we go by, obviously the more players that vote and comment on a proposed idea the better, as that gives us a better feel for what the community at large thinks about a given issue. As I've mentioned recently, we are also looking to change how the ideas section is structured to make discussing ides easier, as well as to make it easier to see the ideas we're considering and the ones we've implemented.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wow how did I miss this?

So what if someone isn't effective against bosses?

It's not like the achievement rewards are worth a damn anyway.

It's not like those achievements are game changing at all.

Oh but there still is a way for someones boss to die without them getting a single hit on it :)

So basically it can be done it's just not very appealing.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

1 from me, its pointless to have them waste their time on something thats not a big deal...if youre feeding others your bosses and you dont have the stams to take care of the damage the other cant do then simply post the boss for all..it will be dead within a minute or 2 if that

5. Toker

Toker Member

You get a 10 star from me. If I even bother to post a boss, its to have it killed. If I wanted to waste my own stam on it i woulda never shared it. If I have low level guild members that would benifit more from the drops then they should be able to get every attack in they want especially if the boss doesnt help me. It should be me the player who leveled to get where i am make the decision on how much I wanna share, not kano's.

6. Demonik1

i completely understand your point but the boss min damage is just a deterrant for people that use alt accts for bosses, just something to annoy the cheaters so ill gladly deal with it

7. Toker

Toker Member

A deterrant to use alts? Are you high? There is no such thing as alts just continue to grow and grow. Anything that is to deter an alt deters the people tha actually play without them as well

8. Demonik1

please re-read the last 12 words of my last post

9. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

So what if someone goes around and kills someones bosses, they are just doing it to level, isnt that what the game is about? Leveling and progressing through the game? Heck i say if you remove the limit on boss's then people may spent more money on favor points to get stamina refills. KANO has not been thinking about what the players want.

10. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

I totally disagree as the Boss Owner I will decide where I will slide the bar...dependin on the day of the week....lol I will always prefer to share my bosses with as many Clan as I possible ...so if there's 50 slots..fifty get rewards and hopefully get sum drops along the way..I give this post a 1...this is Pirate Clan which is plural...my opinion...everyone has one:)

and with that said I believe the alt usage has declined in the last few months..are they all gone? No, but kudo's to Kano for the terrific job they are doin!! this change has kept a more balanced playin field! lik you said "Revisiting a Dead Horse"

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I also like sharing my bosses, setting the slider and getting all the slots filled and in kind I am also sent boss links to join their bosses, this helps me and my large clan .:) Bosses are needed for loot and rewards and for crafting, at least in PC, VC and LCN ( from what I hear maybe not so much for ZS but I still share there and get in as many as I can) as well as getting rid of upkeep on inventory things that can be replaced with crafted items and boss rewards dropped loot. I would not think of feeding my bosses to someone, if I could not do the min, then I would work on stamina as well as health .

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Yeah, ZS is a game where crafting is pointless, and boss drops are for the cheap people who can't shell out UN for items :p

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And we're reviving this again.