[VC] Reviving a dead idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Akkhunter1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i personally dont like to set a limit on bosses the sooner they are dead the better the reward and if i was worried about someone else killing it i just would NOT post it for anyone to hit

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The end reward( loot) for the owner is the same regardless, and yes a boss should be killed of relatively fast , 48 hours is a good time frame if ya want to share it with ya crew with all the different time zones we all live in. the more bosses your participate in the better also, so the more a player shares with his /her crew the more bosses a player has access to, but even in the boss sharing groups , sometimes someone forgets the slider and someone hogs it up, I rarely go public with my bosses, no need to between the 4 boss sharing groups I am in I can get a full boat which helps my crew and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  3. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Yes LB, this is a one of a lifetime moment that we see eye to eye. But it seems like most are saying no. That doesnt mean that later in the day it wont be different.

4. IMO, it is outrageous that Kano decides how much anyone can hit a boss. And it is maddening to put a boss out, hoping it will die, only to discover hours later that you forgot to remove Kano's limit. Kano requires MORE than just the minimum damage from a boss owner the higher the boss, if they are sharing with just one other player.

But then again, Kano thinks we're all too stupid to manage our own games. They limit our bosses. They limit how much empire/rule we can sell, etc. Pretty soon Kano will just be able to play our games for us as we are all so mentally challenged.

Just the fact that Kano gave us the option of limiting our bosses was good enough. And it was needed since some boss killers didn't read the feeds or their request for a damage limit was ignored or buried on the list of players hitting the boss. But to take it any further than that infuriates me to no end. I should make all the decisions from there. Not Kano. 10 stars, Akk.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I appreciate LB looking up and quoting my thoughts on this subject.....i still feel the same way and feel that my thoughts on the subject have been proven, player count is down and players are putting out far fewer bosses while alts still run rampant. All this update did or was intended to do was to appease the players that level almost exclusively from battling, the end result of this update was to run players out of the game who dont like to have their game play mandated by Kano and to promoted more alts.

I totally agree this game harming update should be reversed, I give the idea 10 stars!

I saw a couple mentions of bosses not being shared publicly,.....if one can set a limit on their boss why wouldnt they send it to all their clan? Am I the only one that finds it weird that some want a limit so their own clan wont blow up their bosses but then they only share with a few select clan?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I post all my bosses to whoever wants to get in on them... there's normally plenty of room for all of my guild to get in on them if they so desire... I also do not have any problems meeting any minimums as the boss "owner", and I prefer to kill my own bosses... even if I didn't, it only takes 100 stamina (maybe) to get the minimum in...

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yep,seems this is one of the RARE times we still agree.

Sorry I couldn't directly quote your post but I swear it's not altered.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Anyone else want to give their opinion on my resurrected idea :)

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

I never liked the idea of boss limits in the first place. It seems like if you ask for help on your boss, You shouldnt complain about how much someone helps you. Will piss me off when i got a ton of stamina in somones boss, but cant kill it, needing those rewards for my level up.

I liked the idea of an automatically set limit even less.... I mean.. It used to be, If you wanted to burn thru refills to level up, all you had to do was ask your group for bosses to kill, and most would share a boss or two, being they want you to keep advancing. Now I try to kill somones boss, and I get down to the last of it. and not only am i robbed of a few great XP attacks, but then i have to wait for somone else in that persons squad to finish it off, if they cant spare the stamina to kill it themselves.

10 on this thread.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thanks for the 10.

Anyone else???

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

7.1 from 13 voters is hardly low.

12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

From 13 players Lordy. How many players are inside the game itself. The better solution for kano is for them to make a poll again inside the game itself and let all players choose then. Not from a forum posting where a handful of players can swing it back to there advantage. Sorry but your never going to convince me its for the betterment of the game. It's not and never will be. Put that idea up and have kano poll it inside the game itself where all players will see it. And if it passes then it passes if it doesn't then its a dead issue.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's only a dead issue if players stop bringing it up.

14. Jon Ward

Yep and 13 players total have rated it from 1 star up to 10 stars and only 13 players. If it was more of an issue there would be a lot more votes then just 13 players

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

it got one star from me, owners should get the min and a slider is there , slide it high or slide it low, and anywhere it between , it all works for me, this way if someone wants to feed someone their boss, although I never could understand that reasoning, the owner should do the min , if it is an alt , like I see alot , feeding the main account , this will make the alt at least do the min, how hard could that be .

16. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Well, it seems like the majority of people want it how it was before. 7.1/10 and 13 votes says that most people want it back.

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

7.2 from 13 users...someone adjusted their initial vote.

18. Jon Ward

Again 13 people is not the whole kano community. Poll it inside the games and see. Kano should not go by 13 players votings on something that is important in the game as this.

19. 1- this is not a really important thing on the game
    2- other ideas when 9 or people vote for it and it keeps being on 8 stars or so KANO accept it :/ (Contradiction)

20. Jon Ward

Those 8 or 9 votes on other things do not impact the game like this issue did at the time and can still impact the game yet again. I will point a developer to look at this thread and give there opinion on it since its there game. But my opinion it should not be changed because 13 players have voted on this thread and of the 13 its only at 7.2 that means maybe half of the players on here didn't agree or barely agreed to it. Sorry but i highly doubt 13 players on a major change is going to make kano change this policy back to where it was. But i will let the developers speak for themselves on this one. And the message to the developers have been sent to comment here when they get a chance also.