[FB] Requests not posting to feed properly

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Rag Na Rok, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Have noticed this morning that unless I click 'share' on a request for help (be it boss, challenge, adventure) it is not posting to the feed. Normally clicking 'cancel' still posts it to the VC feed for players to see, but doesn't post it up on my wall / the FB newsfeed (which I prefer) - this doesn't appear to be working in this way at the moment. Is this intended, or a small glitch, just wondering..?

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This appears to be a bug. I will have to dig into this further but my guess is this is on Facebook's end of things. Tuesday nights seem to be the time they push out new code to their platform and I am seeing a couple of other bugs today so I will see what I can find out about this.

So in short this is not intended. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!

Edit: Yup this is a bug with Facebook. Looks like they have a fix but it has not been released yet.
    https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/181204965365119

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This should be fixed now according to FB but I have also tested it out on my end of things. If it is still failing try to refresh the game URL and give it another go.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's still occurring with almost everyone I've asked.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Lame. Give it some time and maybe close down your browser and/or clear the cache. I am not positive but it might have to pick up some new JavaScript from Facebook to get this to work again.

It was also not working for myself after it was initially posted as "fixed" but a refresh fixed it for me.

6. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Seems to be working normally again now, at least it is for me, thanks.

7. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

well... it was working, but now it's not again, won't let me post for boss help unless I click 'share' and when I do, it appears in the FB newsfeed but not the VC feed...

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I will keep an eye on this but all is working properly in my own testing. I have also not seen a new bug filed with Facebook but again I will keep an eye on this throughout the day.