Request Guild Help from your Boss page

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Smack, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A new feature was released to Viking Clan today that allows you to request the help of your Guild in one of your Boss battles directly from the boss page. Underneath your share link you will now see this:
    [​IMG]

If you click the Publish link it will auto generate a message for your Guild Private Message Board. Click the "link" icon to expose the share link if you or your guild members want to further share this via chat or otherwise. Click on the URL itself and it will automatically highlight the entire link for ease of use to cut and paste.
    [​IMG]

If you are not currently in a Guild this space will direct you to join a Guild that is recruiting.

UPDATE:
    Max Helper Damage % has been added to these posts.

We always welcome your questions, comments and feedback so if you have any regarding this feature please post them here.

2. Terminator

Terminator Member

2 years...only took about 2 years... "win"? sad one....but still a win...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Better late than never, right?

In other news we will be looking at other areas to include this style of directly publishing to your Guild Private Message Board.

4. Terminator

Terminator Member

late for your own funeral comes to mind here...

the game is dying...

5. last in line

last in line New Member

Can you make it so the message automatically posts the damage limit?

6. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Posting a Boss

Great work Kano...I LOVE this addition to publishing our boss...Saves the copy paste step,keeps the guild message board clean and neat....:cool:..!!!

new boss feature.jpg

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

sheesh, a cool feature is added and nothing but complaints haha gotta love the forum faithful xD THANKS!

8. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

KANO, real nice feature, thanks. Is there a possibility that guild Leader and officers have the option to make it a sticky?
    Can this also being applied to Challenges, Calenders etc.....

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

off the subject....but is that "thrand oliver" aka "towelie" in your example pic? is he kano now....start over?

10. Toker

Toker Member

I love it as well, EXCEPT i would like there to be a way to Make them Sticky still. Our Guild Uses the stickies So all members can see the boss post.

11. polishpimp

Great addition Kano. TY! I like your idea as well Toker.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for all the feedback!

Max Damage
    Yes we would like to add this. Look for it in the very near future (ie: likely this week)

Ability to Sticky
    Nice idea however we currently do not have the functionality to do this from the Private Message Board. I will pass this along to the person responsible for most of the Guild stuff.

Other Features like Challenges etc
    Yes we would like to tie it into Challenges and other features very soon. I think we will iron out some kinks with Bosses before moving on though.

Off Topic
    Dunno who you are exactly referring to but that ugly mofo in the sample is me! The picture was taken in your home state of WA too Polish but good luck cracking the location ;)

13. polishpimp

@ Smack ..."that ugly mofo in the sample is me! The picture was taken in your home state of WA " Mind if I submit this to our congress as another reason to tighten our border security? LOL

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Giver, I have a clean record and a valid passport, ie: You can't keep me out of the Evergreen State and will benefit from my tourism dollars ;)

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

There was another thread about the same topic so I merged them. Might make some of the back and forth a little disjointed but it was to keep the feedback in one location.

16. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Good work! I think most folks missed the "link" part to afford the right click, open in tabs process "we" were used to in the guild message feed receiving end! Going to try it tomorrow to be confirm my happiness with this UI improvement.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Don't like that idea a lot of guilds keep Guild Private Message Board clean, so if a leader or officer is not on to make bosses sticky, and this was added would be a pain in the arse. Can you even imagine 25 adventure helps, say maybe 15 challenge helps and ~20 bosses a day in guild message board every day? No Thanx

18. Terminator

Terminator Member

Good Thought... dont make it like the bulletin board at the bowling alley...way too much crap to sort through to find any good stuff...

19. polishpimp

I agree, challenge and adventure help can be easily accessed in the the help feeds and can be filtered to guild/armada. Bosses unlike challenge or adventure helps are often only shared with guilds or close friends.....which is why this update ROCKS!

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think Smack is handsome :eek: