[All] Replacement for Challenge Timers?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Do U Even Click M8?, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Do U Even Click M8?

Do U Even Click M8? New Member

I just came up with what I think is a very good idea as a replacement for the challenge delay timers. I feel like maybe making the requirements for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Odin's rune challenges on VC and their equivalents on the other games 28,29, and 30 victories instead of 22,23, and 24 would be a much better idea. This would help especially because it puts them closer to the other Odin's Rune Challenges, which require 42, 43, and 45 victories. Many people in the lower ranges can also still use the Cloudland's Guardian and Elder Frost Giant for defense (the Balder Protege, the best upkeep warrior, has 26 DEF), and having to wait as many as 2 full weeks between getting these items can be a detriment to their character and makes those items extremely rare in new players. I think that yes, it's unfair to the people who do the challenges in the future, but hey, it's much more fair than the timers. People would still be able to get the challenge done once per day without using FP if they get all the chieftain help, and you still wouldn't be able to get 6 FP off the challenge per day like you used to. I feel like everybody wins with this. This idea just makes more sense to me, and since I've finished the achievements for Aegir's Passage and Vanaheim, I now recognize how annoying it really is to be told I have to wait. The only downside I see is people not doing the higher challenges anymore, but Kendall justified it as protecting the FP/UN economy anyways. For me it's better than having to wait to do a challenge again. What do you guys think about this? I would also appreciate a response from Kano on this one.