Removing Speakers from Facebook and Kano Play Server 1 World Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jaczilla

Jaczilla New Member

Perfectly put and each member`s opinion adds to a healthy debate. Posts #13 & #14 are duly noted.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I see people here starting to scream they want compensation for unused speakers. Why? They were free. If you bought them that's one thing but I had over 800 speakers in PC also unused and around 400 in VC and it never even crossed my mind that I should be compensated for not using them. That was my choice. And others not using them was their choice as well. Only thing I would ask is if the spamming gets too bad in the chats now and you reinstitute the speakers, I'd like to have my unused ones back.;)

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Well thats good news that peeps can chat for free.. Bad news there will be a lot of crap said. Good grief, hardly used mine. No one I wanted to chat with or give a bad time to.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're keeping an extra vigilant eye on Chat reports and things don't seem crazier than usual. Just a reminder that there is a permanent muting tool available for use as well if someone is being bothersome.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can tell you from experience that Kano isn't afraid to hand out chat permabans as gifts to reward certain players.

6. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

well the spamming has already started on FB/ZS, people who dont even play, getting on the world chat calling us names in spanish,lol ;)

Xtina and Justin the killer like this.
  7. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

If you read the original Post in the thread, the reasoning behind making the World Chat free is because of the support players gave each other on VC during the initial release of the Raid Boss. There were several bugs/issues with the Raid Boss, and the players on VC used the World Chat to help/support each other in an attempt to successfully Kill/defeat their Raid Bosses. After seeing how well the players worked together in a time of need, Kano decided to make the World Chat Free! Also, I have read at least three posts from mi7ch/Kano assuring everyone that Kano will be keeping a much closer eye on the World Chat looking for abuse, and if you personally see people abusing it, you can either permanently mute the World Chat, or Submit a Ticket and likely be compensated for doing so! I think if everyone were to read EVERYTHING in a thread before Posting a repetitive question/concern, we would have MUCH less to read because there wouldn't be multiple Posts addressing the same concerns/asking the same questions! :p

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I think your being repetitive as well...gzzzz with responding to them all with the same answer...:p

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

it has been like this on kong for a while. most of the chat is nonsense, so i don't pay attention to it anymore.

10. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Well this is something else Kano should have put a bit more thought into (ie. asked for ideas on the subject).

There have been 2 good ideas posted in this thread.
    • The first was from LaScepter saying that the unused speakers should be converted into Loyalty points.
    • The Second was from Justin the killer saying that the chat aspect of World Chat should be scrapped.
    For the first point people like Kirsten are falling into a logic trap when they say that Speakers associated with the Daily reward were free. I have a phone contract that gives me 150 'free' minutes per month. Those minutes are not free though, I pay extra to have them included. Likewise the speakers were not free, I got them for playing for 7 days in a row. The cost was coming back to play every day. There were days when the thought of losing my speakers for that week contributed to me playing for that day. My loyalty (to getting speakers :)) convinced me to play so it is apt that speakers should be converted into Loyalty points.

Justin's is an excellent suggestion. From what I've seen WC is mostly used for people getting into
    slanging matches with each other or for bragging about stuff that the rest of us just don't care about. Any helpful advice posted on WC (which seems to be a rare occurrence) will be gone in a few days when it scrolls off the end. No, if I want help or advice I turn to the forums where I can do a search for exactly what I want. Okay an Ad Hoc system like WC is much simpler to use (no sign up, no login, no finding the correct forum to post in) but the signal to noise ratio so low for WC it is really not worth the time and effort it takes to read through all the messages.

MobMan and LaScepter like this.
  11. LaScepter

Very well said Zoonie !!!...WC is a worthless place ..free or not..I watch it alot more than I post up there...why...because its an open house for game and name bantering..i agree with Zoonie...very seldom have i ever observed it to hold advice...The forum is designed for all the advise one might need on anything VC,PC ,LCN...etc...I understand its a tool that could be used for the famous Raid Boss , so keep it to that..somehow allow only Raid Boss help to post there...and keep the jobs , recruit tabs closed to just that...

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the chat was useful for the raid bosses that were released on Vikings a while ago. Other than that, I have seen no useful information provided to players in chat. "Losing" speakers was never a reason for me to play. I'm sure that I have hundreds of unused speakers, so I could care less. It would be nice to get something for them, though. I like the loyalty points idea, you can't move up through the tiers after you reach the platinum level unless you spend money, and you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get the higher tier items. This would be a good reward for those of us that have played for a while especially (3+ years), and I don't see how it would unbalance the game because you probably wouldn't even be able to get one useful item with the speakers that are switched over to LPs.

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ok , ;) some feel the chat is a useless feature ,yet the speakers they barely used are worth something, I am seeing conundrum here, ya want something for something ya didn't use or cared to use for a feature ya don't even like, ?????????:confused:

14. LaScepter

Kristen..:cool:..think about what you just said....LOL.....:eek:....why would we spend our speakers in a place thats useless...thats why so many have unused speakers......gzzz i guess your going for the top prize in the forum for posts...cause now your not making any sense....o_O

Zoonie likes this.
  15. Kirsten

No to me it is perfect sense,you don't post much cause ya don't like the chat, so ya have all these speakers, yet you ( not just you,others also, so not pointing this at you specifically ) but ya all think they are worth something and something more worthy should be given for the speakers, that ya didn't use , it is a circle jerk lol:p

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, Kirsten. But I have a lot of unused speakers. Shouldn't I get something for the ones I've accumulated over the years that I've played? I don't think that's asking for too much, like asking for them to be switched over to FPs or something like that. It would just be nice to get something for them, particularly to reward long-time daily players.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

I get why people want something,I just wanted to point out but the idea seems kinda oxymoronic to me ,but hey that's just me,I hope Kano gives ya all what ya want.

LaScepter likes this.
  18. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, your comment just added to the "clutter"/"repetitiveness", and when there are SO many people asking the same question, they will get the same answer! All I was trying to do was help answer people's questions LaScepter - I think you should refer to Posts #37 & #40 in this thread! :mad:

19. LaScepter

LOL....Easy...and i Quote you ..> I think if everyone were to read EVERYTHING in a thread before Posting a repetitive question/concern, we would have MUCH less to read because there wouldn't be multiple Posts addressing the same concerns/asking the same questions! ..end of quote...as i see it you were the one to complain about repetitive questions...so hence my response...your pretty angry for someone with the name Easy....:p;):D

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Kirsten

hahaha :rolleyes: and uh oh:eek: