Remove inactive Faction Leader?

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Ryan Cutshall, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ryan Cutshall

Ryan Cutshall New Member

I'm an officer in a guild that's really fun, but the leader hasn't been active in 90 days. Is there a way to boot the Faction Leader from a guild and change management? :)

2. currently no but a great suggestion

so far the only way is to leave the faction and remake it and have everyone join the new faction

3. Ryan Cutshall

Ryan Cutshall New Member

This is terrible. :( There should be a way to do this. If a user is inactive for let's say, 60 days, any officer could replace the faction leader. Something along those lines would be really helpful.

4. i agree with ya on this

though i would lean closer to 30 days

5. What about the factions with an Alt leader that were banned because they are a cheater and still play in their factions with more alt characters??.. I dont feel they should have the option to being able to fix their faction. They should have their faction frozen.

6. Ryan Cutshall

Ryan Cutshall New Member

Factions with cheaters as leaders are really a separate concept and seems irrelevant. The masses are not cheating. This idea isn't meant to fix/punish cheating, it's meant to enable the average, non-cheating players a method make their Faction fun again. Cheating and the punishment of cheating is outside the scope of this one idea.

7. how did we get on alt accounts??

the leader is inactive while no one else is

lets stay on topic

8. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

i disagree with the idea of removing the leader no matter how long the leader has been inactive, creating a new crew should be the only option here

the leader is the one who started the crew and if the leader falls off then so should the crew

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

If the account is still active then there is no way to remove that player from the Leader position. If the player has been banned from the Social Network or from our game then we can remove that leader and add in an officer.

10. Ryan Cutshall

Ryan Cutshall New Member

I've never started a Faction so I don't know the answer to this, forgive me it's buried somewhere else. Can a Faction leader make someone else in the Faction the Leader? Or "demote" themselves and change ti someone else?

11. the leader is able to change the leader to one of the officers yes

12. Ryan Cutshall

Ryan Cutshall New Member

Excellent, glad that much thought was put into it :) Then I'll just try and reach out to the Leader again to see if we can shift things. And if there's no way to ID a non-banned, non-active player. Then this is probably a moot idea sadly :(

13. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yeah, unfortunately there is nothing u can do about this, it does suck though

14. just pull up the leaders ID to see if there account is closed or what not

15. clubber

clubber Member

This matter should be putt on players hand. The process of changing the leader faction by Kano it will be slow (I guess they have something better to do). Maybe, as players above said, officers get/decide thru a voting system the new leader or something, thus everything will be easier.

16. Ace

Ace Member

I like the idea.

17. Yes the Leader can give the Guild to another officer.. That option is and has been there.

18. Leader Change - Choose new leader from officer list:
    Please type yes to confirm: There is a box you type YES and you can give the Faction to one of your current Officers.