[VC] remove experience reward for joining the arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Demonik1, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I saw this idea posted in another thread and its a good one so I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks. It would be a great way to get rid of a decent chunk of the inactives that join ONLY for the reward with no intentions of playing at all.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I rated this a 10, but I don't think this will solve the problem... when the arenas started, there were no xps given for joining... after the first or second one, this changed but I do not think this greatly increased the amount of inactive players for later arenas... it wouldn't hurt, because the bonus is so small, but I don't think this will significantly decrease the amount of inactive players... I guess we can try it and see if the number of inactive players will go down... of course, if active players keep showing up on the battle lists, it doesn't really matter how many inactive players there are, unless it's only a handful...

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like it! It may not rid the arena of a ton of inactives....but if it gets rid of one or two its will do just fine. Inactives deserve nothing. If u still want to reward those that did enter yet participated but perhaps didnt rank....tack the free xp reward on at the end of the arena if a minimum number of attacks was achieved.

10 stars

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Or how about the following?

Keep the exp for joining.
    If you get at least 100 attacks in,you get some type of reward for that as well.
    Say a small amount of exp and coin just for being active?
    Can't have too much exp and coin for that though cause that would mess up the reward tiers.

5. kayjay

kayjay Guest

sounds like a better solution lord

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thank you.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

You know i was being TOTALY sarcastic when i suggested that right?

Truthfully, the problem with the battle arena is the fight list. There are a handful of inactives being shown, with mostly Active players on the list. If this was changed, to a totally random list selected only for the one player, not shared by the whole world. The inactive players would all be dying first.

Instead of Inactive players making it to the bonus round because they had never been selected as the "lucky ones" that got put in the deathpool.

A totally randomized list will solve the issues. of battle arena.

Less (harder) sniping. getting easier twards the end if you can actually make it. no false "winners". out ranking somone who actually tried.

I like that the XP bonus brings more players to the table, I dont mind inactive players at all... It does make me uneasy that somone with Literally no attacks is outranking somone with kills.

8. polishpimp

Considering the end rewards are already extremely low ....any reward given along the way low enough to not out do the end rewards would be so low(nearly non existent) they would not do anything to help with participation. If rewards like u suggested were even slighty decent....extremely active players would be getting better rewards along the way then they would had they won the arena. The only way your idea would work is if they drastically increased the rewards for the entire top 100.

Also keep in mind that they tried something similar by awarding some health while attacking......but that only lasts for a lil while in the arena before that stops....its basically a joke because it ends right about the time it could really be useful

9. I say remove the xp bonus for joining. 10 stars....great idea. If you've ever had to wade through all the inactives to finish the arena, you would understand far more. It's literally painful in some cases.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I apologize this has little to do with the OP, but we just pushed out a change for future arenas that will make the Battle/Fight lists 100% random.

11. polishpimp

Alright Wonder bread...I know you want the "Omniscient" title as well....but this is just getting silly....lol

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well I have been harping on inactives getting a big O so of course I rate this idea a BIG 10 you don't play you get nothing not that anyone listens to me

13. alka

alka Banned

I agree, remove the xp.
    If we need to encourage people to play by using a begging bowl then there has to be something wrong with the app!

10 Stars

14. kayjay

kayjay Guest

got to agree with you alka

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the bonus for simply joining is just ridiculous, the only possible incentive it poses is for inactive players that want free exp to join. i simply see NO reason to reward ANYONE just for joining. playing in the arena is reward enough...you want free xp? go assist a hunter challenge or 10, hit a world boss, assist an adventure or 30...no good comes from rewarding people for absolutely nothing...id rather see 200 active players than have to wade through countless inactive ones that only join for free exp

16. kayjay

kayjay Guest

well said demonik :)