[VC] Re the Speakers

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Brosnik, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I think we can kill two birds with one stone here if the I.T. techies (aka Devs) can get their heads around it. At the moment there does not seem to be much point or a lot of advantage to having alliances between guilds. Maybe if you work hard at it you can get some value out of alliances. Nice idea but without much value. Similarly, with the speakers there is not a lot of point having Guild Speakers for private chat when you already have a private guild noticeboard that only guild members have access to. SO, how about if the techies were to adjust the Guild Chat speakers area and change it into an Alliance Guild Chat area? Then we may start to see the development of a bit more value in having alliances with other guilds. The tough bit for the techies it actually making this work as different guilds have different alliances and enemies or neutrals. You could at least chat some issues and tactics through with your alliance guild members then. At the moment it seems as though the only way to have any sensible alliance guild interaction is if one guild leader talks to another guild leader about something. I know this idea has flaws in it but maybe between us we can thrash something out that will give the game a lift in this area. Perhaps we can talk out some of the strengths and weaknesses of this to give the techies a hand. How about it guys? Please don't just give this idea a low vote if/when you see weakensses in it. I am trying to put something on the table for us all to have a say in and benefit from. Lets use this forum to thrash this out a bit.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

great idea and covers a couple other ideas others have had about alliances...10

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

What I am suggesting is to put more value into guild alliances. It seem that at the moment all you have is an alliance but with no practical value to it. If the guilds in alliance had the ability to chat tactics privately then there would be a bit more value in the alliance. The idea of an alliance is 'nice' but has no purpose or meaning or strength. Guilds in an alliance should be able to use their alliance to play the game. This would involve actually talking. At the moment the only way alliance guilds can talk about anything is if the guild leaders talk and pass info/action on to their guilds. I am suggesting we have an alliance guild chat facility that would make some sense of having an alliance. It should be a short cut to the current laborious way of going via two guild leaders and could make guild members feel more a part of the game. So why don't the devs alter the existing 'Guild Chat' to be 'Alliance Guild Chat'? Can't be that hard for a techie.