[All] RB discussion expiring bosses

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Allow the UN reopen of RB's

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. whatever

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about this thought so figured I'd get greater minds than mine working on it.

Regular bosses if you run out of time you can open them up again for UN.

I'm wondering how that would work for RB's.

IDK just seems a shame that so much stam is dropped into one and they expire before they can be killed.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's a good idea or a horrid one so thoughts?

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not quite sure on this either AlterEgo, sounds good and all, but most raids fail due to owner's fault what I've seen.
    Besides the newb's not having bigger clan/mob/matey's etc. and have no choice other than post to world chat...
    • Then we could get into the one's that failed, due to raid health killers=chittier exp...(does exp reset to normal?)
    • Or people gave up attacking, due to raid vampires...
    The drop(even if superior item) is not that great anyways IMO, it's the levels accrued which most are about these days. :confused:
    No clue why some wanna pay to make themselves weaker for the most part...

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Being most people in the other three games us their FP's for refills, for stam, and sometimes energy not sure it is worth it,ya got ya levels and the skill points for leveling and most of us have stronger items for our load outs. So I know you only play ZS, but I am not sure how good this is for the other three games.

4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I have said before that I think raid bosses that have run out of time should allowed to be reopened by the raid owner with Favor Points.
    Whether the end reward is worth it or not to some people, most people would still like to have it anyway. Yes, people use their Favor Points to put into their stamina and/or energy refills. Yes, they get more levels out of the raids too. But I think many people would still have preferred an end loot reward for all their hard work on a raid that ends up in defeat.

Chasity likes this.
  5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Then what's the sense of having a timer on these things if you can just pay KANO to reopen them again? It defeats the whole purpose. You have a certain amount of time to kill it off and once that's done that's it.

RainSunGone and Kirsten like this.
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm in full agreement here. This would only lead to more players joining more raids and doing the minimum in an effort to get even more drops. I'm happy with the 2 or 3 I get myself each round, and I do well more than the minimum to do my part to try to make sure the ones I join go down before they expire.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

Just stating the Kano has already made a precedent to be able to reopen a regular boss for UN so why shouldn't it be done for the raid bosses?
    Just looking for a better argument than a timer should mean something, sense Kano has already dismissed that there is a time limit on the regular bosses

AlterEgoT likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The raids go on long enough ,one raid event can last 7 days and games come to a halt during raids, I wouldn't want it in VC or PC , nope not at all.

9. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

I can agree with that it seems like when the raids drop everyone pours there stamina and energy into them instead of regular bosses. Still think it would be nice to get an extra day to attack a raid boss that was on the verge of death.

10. AlterEgoT

I wasn't thinking about the drops truthfully.

I will give an example.

Someone opened a boss on KP2 well as you know 2 is a small place. So truthfully it'd be darn nice if fewer people would open them but that being said. ...

A RB was opened. It had good sslayers on it that can kill the thing. But the way the timing fell folks weren't available in time to kill it but had put a hefty dent in it. There weren't any vampires on the boss. By the time the folks that do the high damage were able to get to the boss it was simply too late. Now having had a heafty investment the collection on that boss would have given another level to just about everyone on it.

In that scenerio it'd be worth it to be able to extend the fight for 12-24 hours.

I was thinking of the post above that mentions it's already there for the other bosses. VERY rarely used, but it's there.

I do concur that the event itself is a long drawn out process. And many open multiple bosses and are able to kill them in time. And the game completely dies in the meantime. So I concur with the making it longer seems detrimental.

However, I don't see the danger that was mentioned being a realistic threat. Perhaps the other games are different in how it would hurt, but truthfully I can't imagine folks wanting to spend to extend if they've got a vampire on the boss so I am not seeing the risk mentioned.

I just hate to see the slayers dumping everything they have on these bosses and not getting the collection. It happens a great deal on zs2 that they just expire barely before the next round of slayers is available or that next boost.

Might just be an issue on ZS KP2. The other games can kill the things way easier and the RB's are rather fun. On ZS it's a nightmare. They are still a struggle to kill, and the leveling is only there for the little accts. so with few incoming players the things are a booger.

IDK, like I said, I can't decide if it's a good idea or not. Just an idea that I felt was worth discussion ;)

kamikazeweasel likes this.
  11. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Seems like a waste of UN

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

no thanks. i haven't even joined a raid yet this round, and i'm not certain that i'm going to. i look at it as if i'm fortunate if other players kill off the boss so i can get a drop. if it expires, i get the experience and levels either way. and i play on server 2 (if that matters).

13. AlterEgoT

aren't most things?

Kirsten likes this.
  14. AlterEgoT

generally speaking it's only worth it for anyone who has played any length of time to join for the achievement skills when it dies.

Anyhoo, No big deal. I just feel so bad for folks that can't get them killed, and it's costing me a small fortune to kill them to help. So I'll probably just go mia after the first one so I'm not tempted to keep helping :)

15. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Sorry 1 star and a big No. Regular bosses are fine your not going to level off of them as fast as you can do with raids. So think of the bigger picture you allow this with the raids to be done then yeah many might go undefeated because they know they can just let them sit near death let them die off go to someone elses and repeat the process and gain hundreds upon thousands of levels during a raid season. No No No

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i approach these like regular bosses. i do a decent, if not significant, amount of damage to them. the boss owner should be responsible for putting them down. sometimes, i'll kill one off that's ready to expire, but not if it has over 50 million health on it. if it dies without me getting a drop, then oh well. i think the key is not to join as many of them as you possibly can to try to luck out and get as many superior drops as you can for minimal effort. there are a few decent players on here that will do more than, say, 10 percent damage to a raid, but there aren't many of us.

17. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i say no. if you're friends with the right players, this isn't an issue. if you aren't, you shouldn't be opening these yourself if you can't put them down.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. AlterEgoT

excellent point.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  19. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

yep thats the problem, every1 and their brother opens raids then expects every1 else to kill it... my inbox is always full of raid invites sorry crappy xp and drops are not gonna get me to spend on them...

Kirsten and AlterEgoT like this.
  20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

whats the sense in having a timer on a regular boss if you can extend it with fps or whatever your game uses? because sometimes real life calls and thats a call you cant hit ignore on. i say if you can extend a regular boss, why not the raid boss in the same fashion? all this crap about why and who wants to is irrelevant . there are tons of answers for why so why post them all? im sure anyone asking why could think of the answers themselves, its not rocket science

AlterEgoT likes this.