[PC] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Mi7ch's statement implies that noone made a change to the energy, but does not rule out the possibility that something could have happened in the tier adjustment

Mabest likes this.
  2. Sheryl Wertz

Sheryl Wertz New Member

thanks for raising the level for middle tier up to that 5999 again, it is still difficult to fill low level and that middle one fills as fast as the top level now.. I wonder if extending the low level to 2.5 or 3k it would be nice if there were an incentive to add those small guys

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  3. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

i luv the fast lvling on Pirate Clan, artwork looks cool as well, i wish i had more time and energy to play pirates on FB to build a nice acc there as well

4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

This is what I was inferring. (deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements) ;) Things happen. As my raid boss is currently dying off, my energy drops are almost nil now and I had to refill my energy. I haven't had to do that before.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

"fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal:" ;)

I didn't mean to leave any room for interpretation with my post. No adjustments have been made to the past few Raid Bosses with regards to Energy. If there was a change I most certainly would have called it out.

Also adjusting the tiers would not have had an affect on the Energy. Two completely different parts of the code which do not interfere with each other.

Chasity likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We didn't change anything except for the level tiers on Facebook. Could you be more specific as to what you're seeing?

Chasity likes this.
  7. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'd like to input that I'm loving the new Armor/Kong tiers! Thank you very much for making it happen!! :rolleyes:

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  8. J Couch

J Couch New Member

Kano -- would love to see some kind of punishment built into the Raid function for raid killers (i.e. -- loss of all XP/gold earned during the course of the raid if the individual causes the raid to parish/re-set) -- and a function that requires a person to heal after so many attacks regardless of whether they have there min. heals in or not.

Mabest, Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  9. J Couch

J Couch New Member

Kano -- would also like to a change to the level allocation like 5 lower tier, 15 middle tier, 15 upper tier -- the raids can be very detrimental to the lower level folks as they level to fast and out grow their pirates strength/defense very quickly.

Mabest and Chasity like this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

We tried to get kano to do a Ratio of attacks to heal regardless of the min heal actions, I really thought Kano was on board with it, it is not a new idea, but it is an idea that has not moved forward :(

Sean Lewis, Mabest and Chasity like this.
  11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

This wouldn't work on some of the newer sites like Armor and Kongregate because they don't have the player base at this time. On Facebook though, it would be great.

Kano needs to see the problems this is creating for the raids. If people are leaving bosses without healing them, this is a big problem for those who actually try to do right by the raid owners.
    1,000 heals and 1,000 attacks minimum is not enough. Far too many people are joining raid after raid, not just for the levels, but for one solitary piece of end loot reward, then only doing the minimum or just a bit over. Then several others are having to go through their supply of DJ's or are having to purchase more DJ's to just get these raids they joined killed off. That is hard enough without some of the raids being killed off on purpose or just by stupidity alone.
    I'm wondering why the raids have 30 spots available with this extremely high health required to kill the target, without requiring higher damage and healing done. 2,000 minimum is just not enough. Perhaps it needs to be 2,000 attacks and 2,000 in heals for 4,000 total. If a regular boss has a damage level of a certain amount, with 30 or even 50 spots available, there is always a minimum amount required there to get a boss loot reward. Total damage everyone could do is divided by the number of spots available. The raids need to have something similar perhaps.
    I'm just throwing around some thoughts here because of what I have seen on raids, even the ones I haven't joined.

J Couch, Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  12. Chasity

Actually currently the min. dmg. is: 1000 heals & 1000 actions, which means that one can do all heals if one chooses, as a way to get in min. dmg.. I like your idea, but if the min requirements are raised many lowers won't stand a chance at getting the end rewards.

Mabest likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Fb. Needs to be looked at ,period.

Mabest likes this.
  14. Chasity

Perhaps Minimum Damage on the Raid Boss could be adjusted differently for the different tiers, where Highest Tier is expected to do more for the Raid than the lowest tier. (The only problem with this idea is that Armor/Kong has had problems with a few of the pirates in the highest tier taking a seat on the Raid & then not contributing anything at all. ~not related (side note), but now there is also a low level tiered pirate openly exuberant about repeatedly killing the Raid bosses' health for the fun of it~)
    edit: meant to say "Raid bosses' "health" for the fun of it" on last line, instead of just "Raid bosses for the fun of it"...

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    J Couch and Mabest like this.
  15. Kirsten

We have the same problems on. FB

Mabest and Chasity like this.
  16. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I was talking about Facebook Chasity. Kong/Armor have a different set of problems. Lower levels might could do more than 2,000 actions in 3-4 days as they level faster than higher levels. But then Kong/Armor doesn't have a lot of high levels. If the players on Kong/Armor are happy with the way things are, then there is no need to change them. On Facebook though, there is a problem.
    I think it doesn't matter where you play, or what Kano game on these raids, there are always those who get their jollies from messing up raids either by killing them off, not healing or taking a spot and doing nothing. All three things are wrong and Kano needs to seriously look into this as well.

Chasity likes this.
  17. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Does anyone feel like the % drop rate of superior from this boss was higher than previous bosses? I feel like I did much better this time.

Chasity likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Your opening a big can of worms on that statement, and by your previous posts on the forum, I see you try to instigate.

19. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Nope - just a personal opinion, seeing if others shared it. Yes or no will do - no bait there.

Interesting you think I try to instigate... instigate what exactly? A discussion - now that would be out of order on a forum, wouldnt it? God forbid people talked about the game. Now thats bait - come get me. :)

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i did better personally this last time around, 3 superior drops. i will say that i don't normally invest a lot into these. the more actions you do, the better your chances at a superior drop, it seems. as a guess, i would say that you have to do at least 10k actions to have a decent chance. if you only do the minimum or just a little more, i wouldn't get your hopes up.