[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

but we are talking LCN, VC and PC you can lvl alot easier not saying its simple easy but alot easier than LCN and trying to join alot you would have to spend, I get alot of items off those 2 apps also but lcn and zs are very hard to accumulate. I got 5 supers and 11 common. I have also found out if you attack in the green and stay almost healed all the time while you heal it seems to help give you a better advantage for super items. Im thinking it has to do alot with overall attacks and total damage done, the lower the totall attacks and higher the damage the better the odds.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have no idea about all that I don't join them for rewards I just join them to keep up with the Jones's and so I can work on stamina and energy, then attack, defense and health, so what ever I get seems fine, and I get both , and I also notice, I have been getting more superiors on raids since it first started way back when lol, that has been my observation. I don't question the randomness, just like I don't in the Lottery, or the real life Lotto. Just like getting the keys for raids, some I get them right away, some I get stuck on getting one of the 4 keys.

3. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Those results look mighty random to me. 9 completed raids with 4 unique items dropped. What about that isn't random? Do you think since you have 9 raids completed you should have 9 different items?

The fact you only have 1 superior drop tells me you aren't one of the tops in actions completed so you are really only allowing yourself a chance at the 6 common items. Not that you can't get a superior and not be the tops in your tier for actions but your chances are greatly reduced.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  4. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I agree. When I am attacking a raid boss I always keep the health in the green. I don't let it go to yellow. I follow a pattern; 2 attack 1 heal then repeat. Then depending upon where the health is I repeat again or go 1 attack 1 heal. Of course much has to do with if it's one of those good 6k plus heals or one of the sad barely over 3k heals. I find the damage I deal is greater, I seem to get the most out of my heals, and I always leave the raid at full health.

5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I don't know what goes on in FB LCN and I am not sure why more people from Kong LCN are not posting in these forums but all I have read all day in Kong chat is how people hate the RAIDS. They think the rewards are not good enough; the cost is too much; it takes too much to level; keys are too hard to get; RAIDS are too hard to kill..... I have tried to explain that in some ways they are not that bad although I would love to see some huge improvements. In the so far finished RAIDS this month that I am in or ones already expired, I did 19 energy refills and 24 stamina refills = 430 fps. I have 44 common rewards and 7 superior rewards..... and I did 50 levels. That really was not so bad. However, I don't think I will be able to invest so much next month unless it is a little better on the exp. I figure even if the items were only worth 17 fps each if I bought them, that would only total 25. And that would not have included the 50 levels which equal 250 skill points. Plus, that also would not include the 50 fps I got back from the levels either. I still have like 19 RAIDS I am waiting to finish or expire. So my numbers are going to change as I record the total stamina and energy investment of each RAID to my list as it ends.

The problem is not with how I feel about the RAIDS but the problem really is how the majority of people feel about them. Almost every RAID I have been in, over 80-90% of those who were in each RAID did just minimum. If it was not for a few superior players in each one doing almost all the damage and healing, more RAIDS would have perished. A few major spenders really carried most of the RAIDS I saw. To me this seems like a problem. I tried to do minimum 7-10 million damage until I saw what direction the RAID was going.... then if I saw it looked like others were investing in getting it killed, I would try to do 25-35 million damage.

Most people stayed at 2000 actions. I am not sure what the answer is as Kong LCN is just a small part of the world of KONG and Kano games, but unless something is done in KONG LCN, I think more and more RAIDS are going to perish and less and less people are going to participate in them - - a lot like the BA where we are lucky if get 300 signed up and only 1/3 of those even do 1 attack during play.

Anyone experience something different in Kong? Or is FB different?

foxysiren likes this.
  6. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

are there any changes, big or small, in the pipeline for raid bosses or are the developers happy with how they currently work?

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It has all been said and said again. What is the point of repeating ourselves?

8. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This is correct. there has been a fairly constant stream of criticism (mainly constructive) since the raids came in. in that time there hasn't been a great deal of change to the raids.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We have a couple of changes that we (Aardvark and myself) would like to get implemented based on the recent survey we did but they have not been put in the queue yet. So small changes are coming, but I don't have an ETA. :)

10. KING WEND

KING WEND New Member

Aardvark is really an integral part of the kano universe. when i read her TGIF posts i get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, seriously.

11. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I consider this a good news! I hope the changes will be in the advantage of players or at least both Kano and PLAYERS!

12. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I participated in close to thirty of "The Godfather" Raid Bosses in total (many after my Post), but I only received one or two different Items and continued receiving many of the same Items (especially the "Icebag"). Maybe it's just my luck.. :confused:

13. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I personally have not checked to see what happens to the experience after a RAID PARTY dies but i hear often that it decreases? If this is true then I would pose the question to MITCH that this really is an unfair feature as it really punishes the other players in the RAID. It already is a struggle to get people to do more than minimum with the normal experience per stamina and once the RAID PARTY dies, it requires even more from players to make up the lost progress on the RAID BOSS. I think out of all of the RAIDS I have been in, only ONCE when the RAID party died did it get completed. Most people abandon a RAID once the RAID PARTY is killed off even once.

I have been told that the original fear was players would kill of the RAID party to be able to do more damage for levels on a single RAID - but at least on Kong, the more RAIDS you can be in the better and I don't think anyone is trying to use one RAID to level and are interested in redoing the same one over and over by killing the RAID party.

I hate seeing RAIDS abandoned when some jerk kills the RAID party.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, the amount of XP you get from a Raid Boss decreases each time the party wipes. It says so in the walkthrough at the very beginning of this thread. :)

16. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Sorry Mitch, with 41 pages to this thread, I have tried to remember everything I read, been told, read in kong chat, experienced, and I even tried to refresh by skimming through posts on this thread but 41 pages is a lot!

And by the way, I still think that having the exp drop after the RAID party dies is counterproductive for the reasons I stated earlier - especially now that you have confirmed it is true.

17. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I don't think we will have to worry about the xp drop once a raid perishes...No one is going to do them if the xp is not sorted out real soon.

ReLeNtLeSs KiLLeR likes this.
  18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

From the beginning I have complained about the experience from RAIDS, especially at the higher levels. :) And since most of the lower levels and low mid levels it has appeared do not experience the same problems with experience per stamina as higher levels, most people always replied to my complaints reflecting they couldn't relate. Now that time has passed and more people are reaching levels where the RAIDS are not giving them 400 levels, it seems more people are not so pleased with the experience per stamina in RAIDS.

I 100% agree with you, Foxy. The experience per stamina is not that great and when you factor in the job drops and cash you lose using energy to heal rather than on jobs, it really doesn't seem worth it. Sadly, I don't think Kong cares or in their opinion it is "perfect" the way it is. And then you have people like me who hate it BUT don't have a lot of other options of things to do since I have no fightlist, there are no real wars between players or syndicates, and I can only level so much with other mobsters - so the RAIDS really is my only other option on getting an extra 5-10 levels per day for 8 days. So if I spend $50 on RAIDS, it is a little better than if I bought items.

19. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Originally when a raid was killed, it still showed the link to it. Past set of raids, as soon as I went to collect, the link was gone. Anyway to change this back? It helps to have it when a Superior drop should have been acquired since ss don't prove helpful without the link. Thank you :)

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raid Event Thursday October 1 at 9 am Pacific

[​IMG]

New tiers for this event:

Kano Play server 2/Kong/Armor Games:

0 - 2000
    2001 - 4000
    4001+