Raid Boss: Should they stay or should they go?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Raid Bosses: Should they be removed from the game?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2014.
  1. Yes.

74.5%
  2. No.

15.7%
  3. Not sure with reasons I will state.

9.8%
  1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

You really wanna go through 8000+ energy to get the keys?

Deblovscats1 and George Burd like this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That does sound a little crazy to me. I thought one of the points of the raids was to make energy actually useful for something (healing). Not having to use energy boosts to get keys to open one.

Deblovscats1 and George Burd like this.
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I've noticed with both the last VC round and this round in PC that the top tier has filled up in seconds. And adding another ten spots won't do anything because that will fill up in another few seconds. It's obvious more of the higher levels play these bosses so maybe we need further tiers. 40,000 to 60,000. 60,000 to 80.000. Like that. Instead of just 50,000 plus.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Let's not be posting the results of fights with one another in random threads, it tends to clutter things up and it's fairly off topic. Cheers! :)

George Burd and JADES like this.
  5. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

true Mitch-- back to issue at hand-- Raid bosses are good - but need major tweeking!! Raid owner should be able to boot out those that only join ALL & waste space! - also if someone kills Raid health he should be booted! & no rewards - some of us do alot of actions just to be screwed by a few (high king) deliberately killing health

Deblovscats1, Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  6. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I like the idea of booting the deadbeats - however, same as everything here, you know thats going to get abused. I'll boot everyone, just before killing it, just for giggles... bet I'd be popular!! lol

Roland Sea and George Burd like this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

yes that would be A potential drawback to owner control

Roland Sea likes this.
  8. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

They made it to where if someone kills it twice they can be booted, I feel it should be once with the option of rejoining if it was an ''accident''...maybe if they made it to where when you have done enough you can't be booted. Another reason for a reward progress meter.

Yeah some people won't do more then the minimum, but if the min amount was adjustable like the boss max damage, it might be better. Adjustable to reasonable levels, like the max it could be is split evenly between 20 people.

George Burd likes this.
  9. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

The higher level you are the more stamina your character is likely to have. You can add on average 2.5 stamina/level, so it's easy to see that you don't need XP/stamina point to be proportionate as you level to still make these events excellent for levelling. The trend here, in case anyone has missed it, is to encourage everyone to focus on putting skill points into stamina.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  10. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

And energy! The RB seemed to support a rather balanced build, or it just worked really well with.

George Burd likes this.
  11. greatM

greatM Active Member

I vote no to the Raid boss event being removed, with reservations.

How I see the raid boss event :-

The event adds the potential for more action in the game, and adds another avenue to doing well, expanding the option for best use of SP ( skill points ) I play PC only, so don't know how it translates to the other platforms.

I am not best set up to make the best out of the raid bosses, but I do participate and have been adjusting my SP distribution in consideration of the new event.

The event in its self is good for the game and obviously good for Kano.
    However it has pros and cons for both Kana and the player community:-

The most obvious is the down side:-
    It would seem that there has been a massive increase in alt accounts being abused for the benefit of main accounts, to kill or take up space in raids that would otherwise be completed, and / or to open more raids / aid a main account do well from the event.
    ( Noting that the current system of just removing lower level alts promotes their use as the main account is not punished in any way for taking advantage from alt use. :-( ) This I see as a bmajor error in future success of the game platforms.

With some well considered improvements I see the event being good for both the players and Kano.
    ( But the issue of alts being used for raid boss could so easily kill the game that is already on a decline. )

The game is about choosing the best option for your playing style to help you achieve the goals you aim for.

Raid bosses help grow level fast, but this in its self can bring down side, if they are not used as just a part of the arsenal of options to improve in the game.

George Burd likes this.
  12. I like them but the tiers need to be fixed

Deblovscats1 and greatM like this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I could still do without them,there are a few features I am not a fan of thru the years, but most are here to stay,and I fear the raids are also,so we adapt to them,ignore them or use them. whatever at this point

14. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Raid bosses are a stake through the heart of the game.. It's no longer a battle game that requires skill. Now the one that can sit and click( or use a script or auto click ) and buy stamina and energy can move up countless levels with no thought or skill. The lottery and changes to the BA were bad enough but these take the cake! Should we start digging a hole to bury the carcass of Kano games?

Deblovscats1, Roland Sea and Kirsten like this.
  15. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

The raid bosses are throwing the game out of balance. You are going to have more and more people running ahead of the game in terms of locations and bosses being introduced. And this will most likely lead to these people demanding that the game keep up with them. You have instances of that now. Your talking about a mass migrating shift of lower level players becoming extremely high level players the more this event is run.
    IMO you (KANO) either rework this thing and cut it back to maybe a few times a year or you realize you made a mistake and get rid of it altogether before more damage is done. I do not believe KANO would have even considered something like this a few years ago if it weren't for the mindless leveling in this game where people don't even play it really, they just log on to hit each other 5000 times a day.

Robert Belrose and Deblovscats1 like this.
  16. Robert Belrose

It used to be 'played' much more the way it was intended a long time ago, and I didn't mind the leveling that went on vs. the 1000- 2000 levels that players can now get from a raid event. Now the game has become: Need coins?,, take out the credit card and buy lottery tickets.. need levels?.. take out the credit card and do a ton of raid bosses... Need weapons/warriors? Take out the CC again and buy crates... ect. Gone are the days of battles and working to get levels- there isn't much skill or thought needed to play. It used to take almost a year to get to level 1500 or so, now it can be done in a couple days.

17. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Well....this shift thats about to take place... (the one with the lowers driving up their levels a few thousand at a time )...on these Raid Bosses..will force kano to be proactive with developing the game further & faster...not sure how this will turn out...as there isnt any time to devote to things that need some work within the game..like war mode...the inbox system we have now or the fact that Blacksmithing needs some serious work to become more user friendly.....as far as im concerned the raid bosses if you keep them should only be seasonal....4 times a yr...LOL...:p

18. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

I agree! As it was BEFORE the Raid Bosses, KANO did NOT keep up with the players, and now with them KANO is REALLY behind in keeping up with the players!!!

Depending on how much money you want to spend, when you can level up over 1000 levels in the few days of the Raid Bosses, you KNOW there is a train wreck ahead!!!

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

there is no way kano will cut their abilitu to make money, I think the best bet is gettinh better control of the raids

LaScepter and Kirsten like this.
  20. Robert Belrose

I think they should save everyone time,,, where you go to buy fps, crates, ect. we should just have a 'buy levels' option.. say 1000 levels for $200... that's what the game has become anyways- this way everyone can stop straining their clicking fingers and we can put an end to 'mouse abuse' at the same time :rolleyes: