Raid Boss: Should they stay or should they go?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Raid Bosses: Should they be removed from the game?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2014.
  1. Yes.

74.5%
  2. No.

15.7%
  3. Not sure with reasons I will state.

9.8%
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Thanks Jared, extra keys lol wasted enough energy on getting the 4 I needed :p

2. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Ah, okay then, I must read things more thoroughly :)

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

I say Keep them. If you don't like them, don't do them. Simple. I liked the challenge of killing the boss, especially since we didn't have any lvl 4000+. I wouldn't have the raid bosses running all the time and I wouldn't have it running over a Faction War and if possible not over an Arena. I think we should give Kano a chance to tinker them and make it a more enjoyable experience.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I don't think you CAN keep them. If you don't turn them in, you don't even get anything for collecting them. If you weren't in one that was killed, you will get nothing for them if you can't save them to open up a boss on your own later. I would turn them in for now and see if any changes are made that may allow you to keep them for a longer period of time than a week or two. Might as well get the XP for having them if you didn't use them.
    And the first Raid Boss event in Vikings overlapped both the Battle Arena and Guild War events. I don't think having them all going at the same time had as much of a negative impact as how the Raid Bosses are currently set up did.

5. Kirsten

The Raid bosses seemed to take precedence over regular game play, and reg bosses, I saw at least 4 reg bosses that expired with everyone focusing and or talking about them nonstop for days, So not only did not get rewards on 4 reg bosses ,got one drop on the caves, and I was in quite a few.:(

6. Bazingrrrrr

Bazingrrrrr New Member

Hmm I worked out pretty quickly for me there was no point attacking them, but I could heal and if I spent about 500 ene on healing I would get at least 160 ene back from drops and over half a level worth of xp. It was good for purely leveling but I did not see 1 weapon or warrior drop. But even with 12ish raids on the go it was hard to find one that needed healing often enough to keep checking.
    * Could you add a raid health bar in the boss battles screen? It would make it a lot easier to know when one needed healing.....

Birkebeiner likes this.
  7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

What I find most amusing is the one that seems to have profited most from them now wants them removed. Oh I took my share of levels but not thousands. In any case:

1) Alot of Higher Levels had removed items that required upkeep. In fact that was a major goal. Now, in order to get keys we either had to redo adventures or buy items.
    2) The level tier needs to be revised or the health of the boss lowered. The lower levels just dont have the juice to really participate.
    3) I voted against keeping them in their present form but think they need a major reworking

Kirsten and Nic21 like this.
  8. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

My thought: They should stay. --- With modifications of course.

---Make them a "seasonal" thing. Once every month or two, and only avail for a week....

---Only one boss startable per person per season. (So too much meat does not end up on the table...).

---Change that starting health from 888+M down to 400M to 500M so they clear out faster. (So not too much meat stays on the table.) And so each person low level who goes through the trouble of getting keys + starting a boss can have the boss killed, vice that boss just pitifully languishing for 7 days because there wasn't enough help in the game to get 'em all done... And yes, tier adjustments. 0-4000, 4001-8000, 8001 and up sounds close...

Looks like many of the bugs have been worked out, so currently, those are the major issues I have with them. (Option remains that if a person absolutely despises a raid boss, they can just not click it and play as before. :)

Krimson King likes this.
  9. Axe Lobotomy

Axe Lobotomy New Member

what is up with that? no weapon.
    The Cave Dragon was defeated in 11:43:03, you dealt 8148420 damage and healed the raid for 77124 life. Based on these results you have been rewarded with the following:

801017 coins

11528 XP

Axe Lobotomy has dealt 8148420 dmg and taken 0 dmg in 252 attacks, gaining 37816 XP and 310731847 coins.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I have not done thousands of levels but some have. Of course you can say anything as u do as there is a personal obsession here and I guess a memory difficulty day to day. No pun intended ...

Back at the ranch ...

I am however glad you constructively added some other thoughts to the ongoing discussion.

11. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

<font color = blue> <b> Personally I feel anyone can make use of the parameters Kano sets. I don't see why C is upset that some played the bosses hard, and he didn't.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  12. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I think they should stay and you should be able to start one when you like i dont like the limit idea on it, this is made for more gameplay so in turn it aint more game play if its like arena or SW. If people dont wanna join fine dont start your but think about lower health is good idea or maybe give 2 weeks to beat and a regenerate time of 5 days at tops, I liked the xp gained just wished i knew more about it but i believe they can be managed. I know LCN alot better and have friends there I have been waiting on Raid Boss, I think alot was overcome by a new boss and was quick to start one and join many without thinking or looking at it. Thanks just my 2 cents keep and i want to try mine now instead of later, thanks

13. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

no on season, you have the choice to start yours would be better, dont stop something others enjoy cause few dont understand or take time to make a plan to beat one of these, remember people that they was made to be hard and not beaten easily thats the thing i think people forgot

14. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

I don't mind that it takes a while to beat them (kind of like the world bosses), but it's too difficult now. Especially if some idiot kills your raid and resets the bosses health. I wasted energy and stamina in 2 of them for that reason alone, which stunk. It would also be nice to be guaranteed a drop upon the kill, which I don't think is too much to ask considering the investment you make. We'll see what happens in the next round once the changes are made, hopefully it will be better.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. To me it seems a balanced opinion, the only thing that I cannot understand is why someone can still hit their raid boss now, over a week after the original raid finished because they deliberately keep it open to get hundreds of levels per day. I do think it is a great level of understanding (or a bug!! lol) but surely this is buying levels. If this should be a valid way of leveling then keep the raid boss open constantly to benefit everyone.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

There are raids still open? I thought these ended a while ago. The ones I was in that could not be defeated in 7 days expired. So some players have somehow been able to keep theirs open to get levels all this time? If that's true, that really sucks.

17. Kirsten

They said when the last day one could be opened so if it was opened that last day that is why there maybe one or two around,yet.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I opened mine 36hrs before end date, and has been gone for a week. No raid bosses should still be available.

19. Krimson King

Krimson King Active Member

i thank they should have have better chances at the drops i had mine half way dead and didnt get any of the items it made me pissed off

20. haggis

haggis Member

i dont think this idea has been put forwards but what about making reward drops with strength relative to the actions invested? probably too complicated to implement..