Raid Boss Owner Drop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sleeper Service, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Now, here is me thinking that the owner of a successfully defeated raid boss gets a superior drop. I am absolutely certain that Kano announced that when the Raid feature was launched.

Sooo...
    Why the heck have i just been awarded a Worn VR headset, eh, answer me that ???? I was second in the actions list only to Funlover..
    I also know of at least one other player that this has happened to. Was the code changed, or is it something to do with the fact that we are repeating the same raid.

Worn VR Headset
    119 Attack
    155 Defense

Answers on a postcard, or post here.

Thanks
    SS

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What we've said is that Raid Boss owners get a guaranteed Superior drop on their first summoned Boss of the event. Subsequent Raid Boss that you summon are still subjected to random chance when it comes to drops. Hope that clears things up! :)

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Yah, Boo..

I need to read the small print .. are you sure you didnt sneak in a little change?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Very sure. :)

5. Well, maybe the Devs can consider making it that you always get a good one, as the owner?

I have enjoyed the XP gain don't get me wrong but for the time, effort, stam and energy required to summon and kill one surely deserves a superior drop for the owner, don't you think?

I'll be interested to hear what they think.

Best
    Jason

6. Jess

Jess Active Member

That's actually kind of disappointing, and I'll go with Sleeper on this one. If Kano wont allow the owner/summoner of a raid to get guaranteed purple drop from the summoned raid, they should at least implement drop chance from attacks.

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I suggest giving an increase in drop chance to the owner due to the work they did to find keys and fill the raid.

Sir Opinion Alot and Kirsten like this.
  8. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

no. raids have never been set up for drops. if you want drops, do regular bosses instead of raids.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Jess

Jess Active Member

I see you haven't been investing much into raids. If you were, you'd be complaining as well.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree with JARVIN as well, your already getting your quick levels, throwing drops into the mix will mess up the games even more than their introduction.

LaScepter and Kirsten like this.
  11. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Not sure i think this is a good idea.....maybe somehow reward the viking opening the RB a bit better,...after all they are the ones who used the energy to find those keys to open the boss....no drops to those hitting the RB ...

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Not to pile on Jess, but I agree with Jades, Jarvin, and LaScepter. It does not seem that raids were ever intended to be like regular bosses, where you get a boss owner drop, more drops for more attacks, etc. It's like the drop is a bonus on top of xp gained, and it looks like you can still use it in your inventory, even if it's a "crappy" one.

13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I like how they currently are personally.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i didn't have any problems. i did significant damage (top 5 in each raid) to each one that i was in. i was not the boss owner or the top one in my tier on all (or maybe, any) of them, and i still got a superior drop from each one (that may just be dumb luck, though).

15. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well that is dumb luck, unless your are highest for your tier :)

16. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

That is extreme luck. My wild guess is that I run 1 in 5 or something like that, although it varies wildly per raid event.

17. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

it might have been luck. i was 3 for 3 this last round. it does seem to me that if you invest significantly, your chances of a superior drop are better. if you only do the minimum or just a little bit more, i wouldn't get your hopes up. as a guess, i would say that you would have to do at least 10k action to have a decent chance at a superior.

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/...ard-based-on-participation.15373/#post-126659

19. Twilight

Twilight New Member

I think the current implementation of guaranteed superior only for the first raid boss you summon is a good system. There are already lots of raid bosses that don't get finished. If you don't want the random chance of a superior on your 2nd+ raid boss then help kill some other raid bosses.

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I know this is a LCN thread, but instead of making a new thread thought I'd put this here.
    I understand that "Random is random" when it comes to raid boss drops, but doing minimum actions what's the "probability" on receiving 50% drop rate of the same item? LOL :eek:
    CaptureRANDON.PNG