Raid Boss Healing Issue (possible fix)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Old Salt, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

There is an issue with players who get on Raid Bosses but only attack it and not heal it. One person in particular has really been abusing the hell out of this, doing upwards of ten million or more in damage and ZERO in healing and leaving the boss in the red constantly. I would suggest some type of "boot off" feature be introduced where you can kick a player like this off of the boss but I can see how that can be abused down the line so I was thinking instead that having how much damage you can do to a raid boss directly tied in to how much you heal it. Say a person hitting a raid boss gets about 3 or 4 million in damage over the amount that he has put in to healing it then that person cannot attack anymore until he bring his healing amount up. Or even have it a sliding scale the more damage you do to a boss. That would force people like the one I'm talking about to either heal the boss or if he's that opposed to using his energy then just leave it altogether. As it is now some people are getting a free ride on raid bosses just using their stamina and having other people use THEIR energy to heal it. These people then have to use their energy to heal up a drained boss before they can hit it. That has to stop.

2. bighoof

bighoof Member

Yeah what he said !!!

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Something needs to be done about this ;)

PhoenixDeathriser likes this.
  4. ben

ben Active Member

maybe ya need to be more careful who ya let in ... ;)

5. Kirsten

No we saw him on raids we were on very few even like this guy he got on bosses that were prob posted to the public out if the twenty or so bosses I was on he might have been on one but u can still see the feeds if view u have not joined and many of us saw the pattern , this needs to be addressed for the good of the game , his actions did not affect me at all.

6. ben

ben Active Member

i no better to do that one i post it to my armada ... people i can trust ... might want to pass that on ...

7. Kirsten

Believe me I did over and over but how many people pay attention , regardless of that it needs to be addressed .

8. ben

ben Active Member

you got to play a smart game ... sorry bout there luck ... ;)

9. Kirsten

Asking for something to be done is not different than what Kano already did with the players who sabotaged the raids in VC ,just asking for the same consideration from Kano.

10. Old Salt

You know that is not a realistic solution given that you have no control over who gets on other peoples bosses that you have already joined. This guy was not on my boss but he is on plenty of others and that we have no control over as an individual so it is not an individual choice and therefore KANO must step in and institute a feature like this to prevent something like this from happening.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  11. ben

ben Active Member

your right but they do ...

12. Jess

Jess Active Member

Right now, the raids are just like the Synd Wars.. I mean, to defeat one you have to fully cooperate. There have to be healers and attackers. Otherwise it's tough. Not everyone spends their skill points evenly - some are energy based, some are stamina based.

The only question remaining is, if that was Kano's intention, to create something so similar to what we already DO have in-game.

Cheers

13. Old Salt

We need either a system put in place like described above or maybe even a ban list implemented for each boss owner and they can keep certain players off their Raid Boss if they wish. You can have a "ban all" selection and then just enter the names of the pirates you would like to join so when and if you have to make it public after the 3 days have ended you don't have to worry about people like the one described above getting on your boss.

14. ben

ben Active Member

maybe people need to get there head on there shoulders and play it better ... i can see it now more hold ups on getting new locations in the games which is much needed at this time ...

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Getting new locations is "much needed"? Maybe if you didn't level yourself into oblivion you wouldn't need a new location yet. I still have a few ahead of me to go myself.

16. ben

ben Active Member

I dont no where you have been but there is a lot more people waiting an the games ... try getting up with the tomes please ...

17. ben

ben Active Member

because some people want to move slower than others dont mean holding it up ty ...

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

They're not "holding up" anything. They issued a release of new content to keep you occupied until a new location is released. What's the problem with that?

19. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

The heal issue does need to be looked at. And as far as locations and new material needs to be for the individuals who do level themselves fast enough be glad you have what you have now with a small company. I have played other games where it can take 6 months or a year for a new location or a city to be introduced as small as Kano is. So for them to push out new things or updates as much as they do that should be enough. And last time i checked most players who do want new material is the levelers who level into oblivion and they also need it because players who didn't do this and can be 1000's of levels behind them and come close to beating them that scares those levelers so they need to constantly improve their crappy characters they have built.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually, on new locations it's been said "No new until after the year is over", so quit asking LOL. Come New Year's ask away again. :p

Kirsten likes this.