[LCN] Raid Boss [BETA] Walkthrough and Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ECQuake

ECQuake New Member

What would the frequency of the raid bosses be? Would they be opened like the world bosses? If defeated, does your raid boss regenerate at a higher level? Are there plans for achievements associated with the raid bosses? Will these achievements be based solely on times defeated or actions taken against or a combination of both?

2. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I'm over 100,000 actions and my boss is at Hacker Ring Health: 318,339,148

I still need some low levels if interested:

Levels 0-1340 : 2
    Levels 1341-2659 : 4

3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is only one achievement:
    [​IMG]
    Kill the Hacker Ring
    10 Skill Points

After defeating you can summon it again at the same lvl 1. In VC everyone who helped on a defeated boss got the achievement, I cant find any info if they changed this.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Everybody who participates in killing the Raid Boss and has the minimum 250 actions should get the achievement if they don't already have it.

5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Ok, Mi7ch. 1 more shot of me talking to the wall. This is what needs to be fixed:
    - Massively better damage per attack. Not a little tweak: massive!
    - Much better exp/rewards per attack.
    - Remove all attack options, except the 20 stam one (or fix damage done by the boss)
    - Levels need to match the levels available. Apparently the levels are completely different on Facebook than on Kong. Same for server 2 vs server 1. Alternatively just get rid of these levels requirements and scale the boss to the level of people entering in some way.
    - Fix it so people don't have to waste a gazillion e to get keys at low level jobs.

FIX THIS SHORT TERM BY BEING GENEROUS AKA GOOD TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Then fix it properly later and actually do some realistic tests before you dump it on people.

A pretty good percentage of bosses should succeed or people will get really angry to waste all their effort. If you see a large number of bosses not getting anywhere close to finishing after being up for 2 days, FIX SOMETHING SO THEY CAN STILL FINISH.

6. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I think that players should be limited to only one or two raid bosses at a time. Too many ppl tried to get into as many as they could, and could barely do the requisite 250 actions....

Geoff Heretic Wild and Kirsten like this.
  7. RedTurtleGames

One way to fix the key problem would be to have keys available in all areas... So higher level people don't feel like they are wasting their time doing jobs in lower level areas.

Geoff Heretic Wild, Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Since the Raid Boss is tied to the Locations, having the Keys drop from there makes a certain amount of sense design wise, but it's something we could consider for the next time.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers did implement most of the changes you've mentioned earlier this morning after I did my post and we are definitely monitoring the Raid Bosses to see how many are summoned versus how many are being killed and making further adjustments based off of that.

True, we are not making huge changes but neither are we making tiny ones. I didn't want to give the wrong impression in terms of changes of damage done to the Boss by players because the numbers were still being reviewed by the developers. We are trying to get this Boss to where everyone can have a good time but we have to be careful when making any changes, as I'm sure you understand. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

1. Are you monitoring all of the platforms/servers or just one?
    2. Can you tell us what percentage of bosses are on track to be killed per platform?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're monitoring every network. I can try to get something together on percentages, but it would most likely be skewed because of the number of Raid Bosses that are opened but the player who summoned them doesn't do any damage and lets them expire. I'll ask the developers at the end of the event.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Another change from the update this morning regarding damage done to the Raid Boss by players, we are adjusting the changes we made so players should notice that they are doing more damage to Bosses. :cool:

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Another note from me. My FB Raid despite me advertising it freely is still only 30% full, and in no danger at all of being killed. In Kong, I have, apart from 3 jobs in Dublin to collect my gamers, spent all my energy trying to get from two to three keys, guess what... zip, nil, nada, nothing... Sorry Guys, this still sucks.

14. RedTurtleGames

So, since the keys drop from 5 different locations, which one is the Hacker Ring raid boss attached to?

15. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Shouldn't the power attack be adding to our base attack? Mine stays the same. Only complaint I have is the time to defeat is really low, consider you have to first pick your team, invite, wait for them to join or pass (hopefully they join) then you can do some decent damage.

16. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

bad idea as much as it took to get these keys in lower levels , I wouldnt wanna try with higher energy cost jobs it was bad enough with the little jobs, unless they make keys easier to get, using 6000 on small jobs could you imagine if it was higher job in the upper cities.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. meezy

meezy Member

Honestly, i think if the reward equaled the effort people would go for that. You know, challenging but not ridiculous. The whole problem is the effort that is expended to kill this thing doesnt match the reward. i know it can be fixed/adjusted but whatever is done should be done before everyone loses interest if they havent already.

robbin gordon likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

There is still the downside to making these bosses easier, everyone will just jump in as many as can (while doing minimum for reward)
    I agree, to much resources for what actually get in return (as of now), but I think needs to be a fine line.
    Can anyone even fathom, being in 100's if not 1000's that actually get killed, what would do to the game?

19. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

easy solution there - up the min. needed for rewards. then no one can spread themselves too thin.

Reesy901 and Kirsten like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Or set a limit can join.

Kirsten likes this.