Raid boss approval

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by George Burd, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Should Raid Boss participants be approved by the boss owner?

1. yes

48.0%
  2. no

52.0%
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

the only problem I see is if your not a high lvl or low, 24 hrs is valuable time you need help

2. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

these are some really awesome idea.. i hope that kano really takes a look at them.. very well thought out

greatM likes this.
  3. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Why not attach minimum actions to the tiers? I know the max level tier people can easily do a thousand of each action. When I attempted it with a lower leveled character on the second server it was all I could do to get the minimum in a day using boosts.

Chasity and George Burd like this.
  4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

man, do i hate to be the one to burst your idea bubble after all that but here goes....its already been asked if we could have the ability to kick people from raids and kano has said its not possible

RainSunGone and Kirsten like this.
  5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I thought they allowed the option if someone killed the raid twice? Or did they put a limit to only allow that person to heal?

6. George Burd

if someone kills the raid twice they can only heal from that point on

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well it prob is possible but the logistics are too messy.

8. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

There might be too much room for abuse with kicking people, like right before it goes down...could that be solved by after X amount of actions the person can't be kicked? More actions then the minimum and fewer the netting a reward.

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  9. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i think if they have dealt a 30th of the bosses health then they shouldnt be able to be kicked but of course there would be exceptions, also if the person hasnt done anything and has under the 30th amount he would be eligable to be kicked out by RAID OWNER only unless there is a majority vote that kicks the person out(majority of current people in raid)-

if they kill the group, doesnt have a 2/1 attack to heal ratio

that is what i think would be good solution that i came up with of the top of my head but if i think of a more in deapth one then i will post it

George Burd likes this.
  10. greatM

greatM Active Member

The difference with my suggestion is, it gives players the ability to protects themselves from being kick by doing at least the min actions required within the first 24hrs of joining and allows the owner to give player they know are legitimately trying to help kill raid boss to stay in the raid, even if they do not do minimum early.

It would be simple to set a time delay of 24hr from joining; to activate a kick option, with a simple if then, to not activate the kick option on reaching min actions required.

Even the auto pm send to alert players that have not done min required, would be easy to do and help player see which they have not done min on.

No bubble burns ;-) You do not bring any logic the the discussion as to why it is not possible, or why it is not a good idea for both Kano and players wishing to do more raids with a better chance of them being completed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  11. greatM

greatM Active Member

Im am new to this forum so do not know if double posting is frowned upon or against the rules, or if this is deemed as hijacking a thread;

but i see it as relevant and in the spirit of helping the OP in his desire to fix the issue of players joining and only performing their first action and taking up spaces that could be used by players wanting to help complete raid bosses.

So:-
    1. does the Dev / support team ready all post?
    2. Would I be better to start a new thread / poll laying out my suggestions on improvements to the raid boss event, to aid the raid boss owners, having a better chance of getting there raids being completed? Noting that more raid action is potentially good for Kano.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    George Burd and Angela Brown like this.
  12. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

exactly, kicking people from party is a dead issue...

13. Kirsten

It is a dead issue as we have discussed this for ""MONTHS"" now over and over and Kano says NO. They will not let us Kick someone off the boss.

Lasinagol likes this.
  14. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

i do believe they read all the posts.. if you have to message mich.. your question of comment will get answered pretty fast! mich is great about that!

Lasinagol and greatM like this.
  15. George Burd

welcome to the new blood to the forum first of all, Mi7ch may not always answer a post it seems but I am sure he reads them, I would not want your ideas in the mass of my thread so I would suggest if it differs than my thoughts start a new thread and I will be glad to read it

greatM likes this.
  16. greatM

greatM Active Member

thanks for your reply :)

Angela Brown likes this.
  17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the logic is not mine to bring, im just telling you what i was told by the forum manager.....and what does it matter if you see the logic or explanation behind it? if an employee of the company that makes the game says its not possible for us to have the option to kick people from a raid then you can bet every penny you have that it cant be done lol

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  18. Kirsten

Your idea although a good one is an old one, prob since the first raid in VC and we have been told by Kano it is not gonna be something they will not/can't/won't do.

Demonik1 likes this.
  19. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Would have to be a while. Because many a time i'll join one so I can come back when I level. It might not be right away I will put a hurt on it in a major way leaving it healed when I get the chance. Or I'll spot one while at lunch I know i want to help with but it will be late that evening before I actually play.

I've also seen folks actually request that folks wait until tiers are full before hitting.

and others who wait until the party health is as high as they can so they don't have to heal as fast before dropping into the less damage etc zone.

It really goes back to fixing links on kong/Armor. And keep your boss private.

Mine died just fine posting a message in feed saying one open msg me for link. ;)

20. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

It took a couple of the folks on my RB's 3 days to get all their heals in. That won't work either :/ They were using everything they had too, lol.

Lasinagol likes this.