Raid Boss 4- Cult of Abomination

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Xipe Totec, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Starting tomorrow 19th Feb. What can we expect? any major changes from previous ones? drop items etc

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Walkthrough/feedback thread with changes coming later, just getting the info together from the developers.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  3. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Any feed back yet Mi7ch? Tiers structure?

4. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Why not post the information before they day the go live?

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

7. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

it wasn't published which is why you missed it :p

Blue Nose likes this.
  8. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Mi7ch are they coming out today???? super little info

9. Today already? Less than a month after last one was started? You have got to be kidding me ...

10. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

its crazy Captain...... too frequent. these raids should be much rarer.

11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Disagree with that. Think they come up at an optimal frequency. Less most certainly isn't more.

12. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

Giving only 1 superior weapon per range is cheap, though I just do them for leveling...

13. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Frequency is not to bad they run 1 raid move to next app never ending circle, what i dont like was BA, RAID and then SW's back to back major strain on the fps there, you cant do all 3 i believe when it time for raids i would like to see nothing a few days before and a few days after, the raids take so much to do, time and fps with all 3 events running together its a little too much.

14. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

I had posted this in the walk through thread...

if raids are going to be a monthly thing then there needs to be a ratio adjustment as Foxy, Jamie and Cap. have been saying for awhile now. It doesnt make sense to have released the new raids when this problem has been acknowledged by the developers but not resolved.
    however since they appear to be here to stay. Could we also have a separate tab for raid bosses as they currently stack up on the top of the bosses under that tab and just make the page too long..... particularly problematic if you use a phone a lot, like many. It would also help, if like the normal bosses there could be an indicator next to the raid as to whether you have completed the min requirements.

But .... and for me this is a big but, they are too frequent. a couple of interesting comments above, one in respect to what happened in the old MW (and i have made this point as well) and another as to the fact that in reality there will only be a few days in between the raids;

the game is about fighting other mobsters. with the introduction of raids as frequently as they are coming then fighting will cease to be the core objective of the game. unlike bounty hunting which is a form of battle with mob, raids are just glorified bosses (we wont discuss the new BA here). There may as well be a player level appropriate raid boss so that players can summon them at will (there have been 4 already so these would suffice with an escalation of levels). its pointless making them an "event" . this would also make it easier to get a level ratio xp return. the format would remain but only certain bosses can be summoned at or by a certain level. essentially another type of (city) boss.

in my view the way raids are, and are scheduled to come means that fights will be done only for daily points and raids will become the norm. i think this will undermine the essence of the game. you just need to look at the positive reaction the developers got when they added the achievement for "fight kills".... this is what the game was for . look at the leader-board and see how many retired players there are, it should indicate something is wrong.

overall, the tiers seem to be working well, energy for keys has been good as has energy drop. fix the xp ratio and scheduling though.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  15. Sir Opinion Alot

totally Xipe sounds good, sommething needs to give lvl 3000 gets basically 1/40th to the respect level 800 stamina me im 5900 1/162 ratio for lvl that 3,240 Xipe lvl 6391 1/172th ratio which is 3440 stamina for a lvl why is as you get higher its taking way more for a lvl when some half my size does less and levels 2 to 3 times more than me. Haven't us old timers gave enough sweat, blood, clicks and countless hours to get where we are and then get shafted is how i feel. I think since the damage you do is the same on raids basically and the heal is the same than the % of xp compared to your level should be the same. There is a big upset on these raids and until its figured out I think they need to be stopped all and all, they are nice in a way but it will get to the point if you dont do them you wont stay up with par, with a PVP that was the way to lvl now this has become a boss game and no fighting really. 1/40th ratio 800 stamina about 460 in energy for a lvl, 1/75th i think would be a little high but that 1500 stamina and about 900 energy to lvl either way these numbers are better than the 1/162th im seeing or higher ratios the other levels above me are getting. anything after lvl 3000 should be put on the same % compared to the respectable xp needed to lvl if 3,000 is a getting 1/40th for a lvl i should too, be like a lvl 3000 getting 3 times the xp for a challenge than i do or 3 times what they do for a boss. keep that in mind if we seen that this community would really be upset.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  16. Sir Opinion Alot

one thing else, we can make these a syndicate event where leaders open them, we have four give them a 4 day regenerate, and only people can do it would be in the group, this would slow alot of issues with them, make it a special group event, when you finish one you start another

17. Sir Opinion Alot

and if not then go with a 10 limit on raids once you kill one then you can join another.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  18. Sir Opinion Alot

with this it needs to be a syndicate thing so people wont do with them as they do with regular boss's and select certain few.

19. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

if one compares the XP for doing a challenge between say a level 300 and a level 6000 the ratio argument on the raids gets put in perspective. I think most have not truly appreciated the huge disparity in the XP. A Solution would be to give an XP reward based on the xp needed to level when the raid boss is killed. I like the suggestion of limiting bosses to 10 at any one time, and then just making them another type of specialized boss. Raids can be a great new feature but there needs to be some tinkering done. Now that they have had a few runs the problems you and Foxy have been pointing out really need to be addressed before the next is launched in a week and a bit.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  20. Sir Opinion Alot

When it comes to the xp don't get me wrong i've thrown out alot of number's i for one ain't asking for the exact same cause yes it is harder to level as you go, I would like to see tho for the raids a % based xp per lvl off the attacks, for 1 these things are huge and take alot of resources to participate in, and this means anyone it really dont matter even if you have high energy and stamina it still just don't give a advantage I know for 1 i carry anywhere from 2 to 8 time's the energy and stamina most players in LCN carries and with this even I have to spend a arm and leg those numbers may look big but it takes so much for a level I feel sorry for the ones with low stam and energy due to the amount of refills they need, thats what i see. I think to be nice and fair and the xp for 20 stamina should be 2% for your lvl and this I suggest is for lvl 4000 and up. Since most lvl's below that it's not that bad.

Xipe Totec likes this.